The Arsenal Thread

posted on 24/5/19

And I hate GT

posted on 24/5/19

Pp is my only actual m8

Admins close my account

posted on 24/5/19

comment by Serial WUManiser™© - #YNWA #Bercow4... (U1410)
Teebs, Lex, IAWT, DJ, J99 all hate you. I mean truly despise you. Time to deactivate forever?
About time the truth was told.

posted on 24/5/19

comment by Granit Xhaka: Thanks for the memories, but it's time to LEAVE (U3245)
And I hate GT

posted on 24/5/19

Soz m8 just bantz

Bank holidays weekend

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Forgot it was a bank holiday weekend until I finished work last night, popped into the pub and it was packed. Usually there is only a couple of us in there

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

That is nothing compared to me. I'm still abroad on business trip and they don't have it here so I have to work.
The worst bit is that my team in the UK are abviously off so sending emails but no is replying

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Bielik named man of the match in yesterday cup final.
Chambers name Fulham player of the season
Nelson nominated for Bundesliga Rookie of the Year.

Look like our youngsters are not doing that bad.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by 🇫🇷 🇫🇷 🇫🇷 Emery.....if I spe... (U10012)
Bielik named man of the match in yesterday cup final.
Chambers name Fulham player of the season
Nelson nominated for Bundesliga Rookie of the Year.

Look like our youngsters are not doing that bad.

I don't want this to be a reason to not sign the players we desperately need though.

I am sure we will not be foolish enough to let Nelson leave, however, I don't know how much game time Chambers and Bielik will get next season and whether they will be satisfied with being a squad player, given the amount of games they have been playing out on loan.

Whilst Bielik has impressed at Charlton, L1 to Premier League is a HUGE step up. I think we may loan him out again, see how he fares in the Championship, and if he looks a cut above, we will try to retain him. His contract expires in 2021.

If we don't win the Europa, I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell one of them (most likely Chambers) to raise funds.

I'd like to see Chambers play more next season, but as he's been playing well in midfield, I don't know if Emery will start him there or will want to revert him back to CB. It's a difficult one.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

I agree with you. Although if we were to sign that Fraser guy, then I'm not sure Nelson would get much game time with us. It doesn't help that he'll miss most of the preseason because of the international tournament this summer.
I'd let Charlton keep Bielik for another season and reassess the situation next summer.
I'd like to see what chamber can do in our midfield and if he could be Elneny replacement.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

If we lose on Wednesday then Nelson, Bielik and Chambers should all be in our squad next season.
If we win then maybe one or two of them will be surplus.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Bielik named man of the match in yesterday cup final.
Chambers name Fulham player of the season
Nelson nominated for Bundesliga Rookie of the Year.

Look like our youngsters are not doing that bad.

___________

We really need to stop saying they arent good enough. Give them a chance and play them.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

We soooo have to win on wednesday.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

You gonna cry if we lose, Tu?

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

No. Not cried over football since Big Jens saved the penalty against Riquelme.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Going to cry, cancel my Sky, BT sport, JA606 and Twitter accounts if we lose. Football will be dead to me.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Anyone else killing themselves on Saturday night when Harry Kane lifts the CL trophy?

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

It's gonna happen. Resigned myself to it already. The only thing God hasn't done to make us miserable.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Newcastle United sale agreed to Sheikh Khalid, cousin of Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, for an estimated £350m. He, as an individual, is worth £18bn apparently.

Football truly is becoming a billionaire's playground.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

If there's one club that deserves a billionaire owner, it's Newcastle.

Scenes when Newcastle sign Neymar

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Samir - Bottlers FC (U2630)

Football truly is becoming a billionaire's playground.
Shouldnt be allowed.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Isn't there a conflict of interest here?

Although fairly disgusting how football is turning into the play things of the filthy rich arab oil caants.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

I agree Tu, but I am worried that City and Newcastle's (prospective) owners are so closely related. There is a clear conflict of interest there. Given City have already been able to circumvent the rules through figure fudging and personal ties to some of the companies that sponsor them, I don't want some pact developing between both sets of owners.

And whilst City are being heavily scrutinised at the moment, I simply don't trust the current governing bodies to punish them effectively if/when they are found guilty of breaching the rules.

It's good news for Newcastle fans I'm sure, but it isn't good for us. With Wolves, Everton and Leicester also having serious investment injected into them, my fear is we will eventually slip further down the table if we do not show ambition in the transfer market to keep up with the other clubs.

Page 20039 of 20209