These 204726 comments are related to an article called:

Live Election Day Thread

comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Govt emergency Coronavirus legislation published:

* Care standards can be lowered

* Elderly patients can be discharged early

* Ports & airports can be ordered to close

* Funerals speeded up

* Police can detain people with virus

* Schools can be ordered to stay open/ close
Elderly patients can be discharged early just means they can tell the elderly patients to go stuff it because they need the bed for patients more likely to recover.

posted on 17/3/20

EU leaders have agreed to shut down the bloc's external borders for 30 days in response to the Covid-19 pandemic

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

I said to my kid he could stay home if he wanted but he's in year 11 and doing his GCSE's this year so he said NO he was happy to go in.

He's also in the process of getting his pilots licence and will continue with his lessons

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)

One step closer to the final death of the EU

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga... (U1308)
posted about a minute ago
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)

One step closer to the final death of the EU
How the feck did you work that out?

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Govt emergency Coronavirus legislation published:

* Care standards can be lowered

* Elderly patients can be discharged early

* Ports & airports can be ordered to close

* Funerals speeded up

* Police can detain people with virus

* Schools can be ordered to stay open/ close

Hippocratic Oath

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Yeah, boot the elderly out.

Because every flu season here in the UK hospitals are just full of young, sick patients.

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga... (U1308)
posted about a minute ago
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)

One step closer to the final death of the EU
How the feck did you work that out?

Easy, reinstalling boarder checks/restrictions.

France and Spain see how they can control flow of people and look towards leaving the EU.

Germany will be the only power propping it up.

comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

You can do that at such a young age? Well obviously you can.

But he can’t buy a beer till he is 18. Crazy, what age can he legally fly solo if he gets his licence?

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga... (U1308)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga... (U1308)
posted about a minute ago
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)

One step closer to the final death of the EU
How the feck did you work that out?

Easy, reinstalling boarder checks/restrictions.

Germany will be the only power propping it up.
this is literally delusional crap, but typical from your bog standard Brexiteer who had no idea what they voted for anyway.

posted on 17/3/20

Don't think they will look to leave the EU but if closing the borders works in extreme scenarios don't be surprised if they look to pull the lever again in other scenarios. Once that genie is out the bottle it is hard to put back in...

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga... (U1308)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga... (U1308)
posted about a minute ago
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)

One step closer to the final death of the EU
How the feck did you work that out?

Easy, reinstalling boarder checks/restrictions.

Germany will be the only power propping it up.

Who voted brexit? I can assure you I didn’t.

posted on 17/3/20

Just had a ding dong with a fookin stupid woman o. A bus
Loudly proclaiming
“I won’t be washing ma haunts for twenty seconds or using hand sanitiser for the flu
Anybody that tells me to stay in will hear about it”
Ffs I called her a thick selfish bastirt she wasn’t pleased
Some folk are too stupid to be called stupid

Taoiseach to make national broadcast to the country on covid 19 at 9.00

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Irishred (U2539)
Taoiseach to make national broadcast to the country on covid 19 at 9.00
It’s scary the consequences of this
All of our societies will need to change our outlook
It’ll either bring us together or if isolationists like Trump get their way drive us apart

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga Nikica come on pretty mama (U1308)
posted about an hour ago
comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

You can do that at such a young age? Well obviously you can.

Don’t quote me on this but I think you have to be 17 to get your pilots license if you have the required airtime.

That’s the lads target and he’s on target to do it currently

Is it still 40 hrs
My pal got his licence and joined a consortium that bought a plane
He was fookin mental and my wife wouldn’t let him take the weans on a flight

comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

Pilot's license at gcse age?

Anyway just an update with regards to partial school closures.

It seems the reason for this maybe staff shortages due to staff off sick/isolating

So am assuming it's to prioritise the gcse crew.

Fair enough imo

comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

Pilot's license at gcse age?

Anyway just an update with regards to partial school closures.

So am assuming it's to prioritise the gcse crew.

Fair enough imo
That was always going to be an issue
Children appear to “sail” through but carry it
Teachers were always going to succumb

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this serious... (U1850)
comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

Pilot's license at gcse age?

Anyway just an update with regards to partial school closures.

So am assuming it's to prioritise the gcse crew.

Fair enough imo
That was always going to be an issue
Children appear to “sail” through but carry it
Teachers were always going to succumb

Yeah seems fair enough mate

When I initially posted it was a wtf moment, as in why close half the school. GCSE exams or not risk is risk type of thing.

Just thought I would update as it makes sense now

posted about an hour ago
comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

You can do that at such a young age? Well obviously you can.

That’s the lads target and he’s on target to do it currently

Good lad, hope he does. Can fly you too and from pub.

comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this serious... (U1850)
comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

Pilot's license at gcse age?

Anyway just an update with regards to partial school closures.

So am assuming it's to prioritise the gcse crew.

Fair enough imo
That was always going to be an issue
Children appear to “sail” through but carry it
Teachers were always going to succumb

Yeah seems fair enough mate

Just thought I would update as it makes sense now
👍
I feel as if I’m banging my head against the wall with some folk, mainly older, trying to argue this is not the flu

posted about a minute ago
posted about an hour ago
comment by Prankster - Dr Pu$$y (U22336)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza - فلسطين (U1860)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
Just had email from local high school.

Partial closer

So up to year 9 no longer to go in

Not sure how this works tbh if the rest are going in
Got the same. GCSE level students still have to go.
same

You can do that at such a young age? Well obviously you can.

That’s the lads target and he’s on target to do it currently

Good lad, hope he does. Can fly you too and from pub.
Perks in it

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this serious... (U1850)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this serious... (U1850)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza
👍

I'm having issues with my own parents mate.

My mum's diabetic and has lung issues. I work in a role where my customers are wide and varied and face to face.

We, siblings, visit parents daily. I'm worried about going up and have kept away for a couple of days. Trying to explain why hasn't gone down well

Just discussing, via phone, about shelves bring empty and she's like "come eat here" we have plenty. Breaks my heart as she goes out of her way for us. But frustrating as hell if that makes sense

comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this serious... (U1850)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this serious... (U1850)
comment by Redinthehead - FreeGaza
👍

I'm having issues with my own parents mate.

Some things are just generational
Hope it goes well
Hit your head off a soft wall