Live Election Day Thread

posted on 27/3/20

WHO female doctor is a milf.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
We have 19 tbab but would expect to be 30 by later
Also Varadkar has said will most likely be a minimum of 1000 deaths over here
Health minister Swann gave a figure if 9-14k in NI alone, bud.

UK govt went lockdown after imperial college forecast 500 k if we did not do more, and still 250k in UK if we did act at this too late stage.

Am confused, as China says it is getting back to normal and work etc with 3500 deaths there.

I think this is what’s kicking off the latest round of conspiracy theories..... Certain countries that are allies apparently fairing better than the rest of us.....

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
We have 19 tbab but would expect to be 30 by later
Also Varadkar has said will most likely be a minimum of 1000 deaths over here
Health minister Swann gave a figure if 9-14k in NI alone, bud.

Term how are you?

We implemented the current measures of schools closing etc a good week before UK so that may or may not lead to a difference in numbers?

All I know is there are a lot of scared people over here. You can see it in their eyes especially children.

For the first time since they both passed (8 years now) I am glad my parents are not alive, if you get what I mean

posted less than a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
We have 19 tbab but would expect to be 30 by later
Also Varadkar has said will most likely be a minimum of 1000 deaths over here
Health minister Swann gave a figure if 9-14k in NI alone, bud.

Term how are you?

I’m good, touch wood, thanks. Working every day still, and thinking it’ll be a bloody miracle if I don’t end up with it..... Hope you and yours are coping. I know what you mean about your parents, lost my dad 20 years ago at the way too early age of 60. My mum is petrified at the moment, lives on her own, and says she suddenly bursts into tears at random times. It’s tough not being able to do anything to help.

181 dead today

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
We have 19 tbab but would expect to be 30 by later
Also Varadkar has said will most likely be a minimum of 1000 deaths over here
Health minister Swann gave a figure if 9-14k in NI alone, bud.

Term how are you?

We are all OK trying to obey the rules as best we can.

Regarding catching it, I think thats a gimme to be honest for the vast majority of us it is just how we cope.

posted on 27/3/20

This from an article I read earlier. Can’t post the link as it has JA banned words apparently:-

The Royal Navy has shadowed a number of Russian warships as they transit the North Sea and the English Channel after reporting ‘unusually high’ levels of Russian activity in the area.

The uptick in activity comes as the UK Government is focused on responding to the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, and as the Royal Navy assists in the government’s response.

Nine vessels from the Royal Navy, with the support of NATO allies, shadowed seven Russian warships as they travelled through the North Sea and the English Channel over the past week.

The Royal Navy dispatched Type 23 frigates HMS Kent, HMS Sutherland, HMS Argyll and HMS Richmond, Offshore Patrol Vessels HMS Tyne and HMS Mersey, RFA Tideforce, RFA Tidespring, and survey vessel HMS Echo. The vessels were supported by Merlin and Wildcat helicopters from 814 and 815 Naval Air Squadrons.

HMS Tyne’s Executive Officer Lieutenant Nick Ward said: “As the armed forces are helping the NHS save lives in the UK, it’s essential the navy continues to deliver the tasks we have always performed to help keep Britain safe.

“This is very much part of routine business for HMS Tyne and represents one of the many roles our patrol vessels perform in support of the Royal Navy’s commitments.”

The Russian Ships shadowed by the Royal Navy were three Steregushchiy-class corvettes, two Ropucha-class landing ships and two Admiral Grigorovich-class frigates accompanied by tug and support vessels.

comment by Irishred (U2539)
posted about a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
We have 19 tbab but would expect to be 30 by later
Also Varadkar has said will most likely be a minimum of 1000 deaths over here
Health minister Swann gave a figure if 9-14k in NI alone, bud.

Term how are you?

We are all OK trying to obey the rules as best we can.

Yeah, lucky dip it seems on how badly you get it.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
We have 19 tbab but would expect to be 30 by later
Also Varadkar has said will most likely be a minimum of 1000 deaths over here
Health minister Swann gave a figure if 9-14k in NI alone, bud.

Term how are you?

In Madrid they are only giving under 65s access to respirators those very ill over 65 just have palliative care

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Nicottino (U14419)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
We have 19 tbab but would expect to be 30 by later
Also Varadkar has said will most likely be a minimum of 1000 deaths over here
Health minister Swann gave a figure if 9-14k in NI alone, bud.

Term how are you?

Thats awful but as has been discussed on here when the real chit hits the fan as far as cases and those getting very ill from the virus, those in the medical profession are going to have to make some very difficult choices regarding life or death.

I know I couldn't do it personally I would want to try save everyone.

posted on 27/3/20

Just seen a feature on the BBC news about Celia and Nick Jones who are stuck on a cruise ship in South America and would really like to get home for their autistic son.

Do these people really think that the majority of folk in England have any sympathy for them?

They weren't too bothered about their son when they facked off on holiday and how stupid do you have to be to go on a cruise under the current circumstances?

As a side issue the BBC presented the feature in such a way that we should feel sorry for them rather than from a how could they be so daft perspective which was also wrong.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
posted less than a minute ago

yeah I saw this and thought they were taking the pi$$

posted on 27/3/20

comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

totally agree. Heard someone else on the news the other day bemoaning their nightmare situation during their cruise in the med. Why the feck would you still go on that cruise given the current situation!?!?!

Italy has confirmed 969 more deaths

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 27/3/20

comment by (kash) I'm the Mané - 6 Times Baby (U1108)
Italy has confirmed 969 more deaths

that's insane and scary.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by IvanGolacIsMagic (U5291)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

Anyone who stepped on to a cruise ship recently should be torpedoed
Ffs how fookin daft are they

posted on 27/3/20

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
irishred!

the applause for NHS staff here got kids and parents and all out and you should do it down south for health staff, as it helps All!

I am a bit of a rocket and if i get it, so be it, but fear for family and see fear in chemist queue faces, my wife and daughter.

Wish i could get it, be immune, and get out to deliver meds and food and visit the old and alone👍

We all done it last night

posted on 27/3/20

comment by (kash) I'm the Mané - 6 Times Baby (U1108)
Italy has confirmed 969 more deaths

On average, around 1,700 people die per day in Italy. So between 1/3 and 1/2 of all daily deaths in Italy are now from the virus.

The worst part of all this is that people are dying who wouldn't die if they could get proper care.

Andrew Neil
@afneil

Various headlines now hitting multiple websites with variations of: "UK death toll due to #Coronavirus now 766, an increase of 182 in last 24 hours"
BUT: what these stats don't tell us us:
How many died FROM the virus?
How many died WITH the virus?

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
comment by IvanGolacIsMagic (U5291)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

Anyone who stepped on to a cruise ship recently should be torpedoed
Ffs how fookin daft are they

When did the ship set sail? Pertinent to remember that only 10 days ago the UK Government was still adopting an "everything is fine, nothing to see here" approach.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Drunken Hobo (U7360)
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
comment by IvanGolacIsMagic (U5291)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

Anyone who stepped on to a cruise ship recently should be torpedoed
Ffs how fookin daft are they

Unless they were rowing I’d guess it was relatively recently but I accept your argument

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
comment by Drunken Hobo (U7360)
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
comment by IvanGolacIsMagic (U5291)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

Anyone who stepped on to a cruise ship recently should be torpedoed
Ffs how fookin daft are they

I'm not saying you're wrong about them being idiots, I'm just open to the possibility that they're oblivious/ignorant idiots rather than actively malicious idiots.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator