Tactics/formations one in the same!

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by CelticTornado (U4316)
comment by RonaldVilliers - Shoogly Pegro! (U21490)
comment by Irvine No5* (U1006)
Against Motherwell we deserved to win by more
-----------------------------------------------------------------
you were lucky to get away with the win

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Right then
Love the denial

I think some on here think that because we are Celtic fans we can't possibly have seen the game
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nobody thinks Celtic fans don't watch Rangers games, believe me

Probably see more of us than you do Celtic.

----------------------------------------------------------

Really?

I think it has been well established on here that most Celtic fans sit watching every Rangers with extreme excitement waiting for us to slip up or for a ref to make a decision in our favour.

I would be amazed if many of the Celtic posters on here missed a minute of Gers action this season.

It seems to be what many of you boys live for.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by JuegoDeFuego (U19139)
----------------------------------------------------------

Really?

It seems to be what many of you boys live for.

The only surprise for me would be if they watch Rangers without a box of Kleenex handy

i've seen a few rangers games this season

motherwell was on tv and i got a link for hibs because kiddo was dingying me and i thought it would be a good game.

i dont think taking an interest is a bad thing tbh

---
I'd be surprised if you guys watch Rangers without a box of hankies too.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by JFK - Trebs done, the rebs won. "how ye doin anyway?" (U8919)
i've seen a few rangers games this season

i dont think taking an interest is a bad thing tbh

Look on the bright though

At least yer wean is a good judge of character

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

I've watched the Hibs game, and the Progres away.

Hibs coz I thought it would be a good match up - it was.

Progres coz I thought you would go through (which I wanted to see) - you didn't.

comment by Magnum (U16400)

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Curly πŸ’© - I'm mumpsimus and I know it.' (except on a Wednesday, that is my obstreperous day ) - ITS JIST A BIG CLIQUE N'AT (U1103)
comment by JuegoDeFuego (U19139)
----------------------------------------------------------

Really?

It seems to be what many of you boys live for.

well there's no need for you to be surprised then

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

There's a good reason why Rangers fans don't tune-in to Celtic TV.

Can you actually see that far

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

See, Rangers hate us much more than we hate them.

Sure; we find them laughable and fat but we don't want to drive their denomination of Christianity out of existence like they do with us.

They won't even look at a Celtic game: not because they're better than us, or they love their team more, or they're slim, but just because they despise Catholicism to such an extent, they refuse to acknowledge a team that they associate with it.

No wonder Trump got into power.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Can I just check something. Its fine to say that the new players this season are far better after 3 or 4 games, but it's too early to assess Pedro after 15-20 games?

++++

Guilty as charged

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

We don't suit 4-4-2 with our current squad.

Plus it's an antiquated system in general.

However if we are going to persist with it we need width. Candeias on the right is a good option, but we have nobody on the left of a similar style. Not to mention left back is a weak spot.

And Morelos needs a proper partner.

With less Miller and Kranjkar if possible. Both of them are done.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by BlueNose 🚾 (U6456)
We don't suit 4-4-2 with our current squad.

Plus it's an antiquated system in general.

And Morelos needs a proper partner.

With less Miller and Kranjkar if possible. Both of them are done.
Want to try telling Esc that?

comment by NNH7 (U10730)

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by My POV-they want my name! (U10636)

If you're a Rangers fan then yes that's fine.

For most sane people of planet earth, it's what we like to call "bullsh!t"

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by JFK - Trebs done, the rebs won. "how ye doin anyway?" (U8919)
i've seen a few rangers games this season

i dont think taking an interest is a bad thing tbh

Look on the bright though

At least yer wean is a good judge of character

Safe to say she wont be left lumbered trying to get a drunken buffoon in a taxi

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by My POV-they want my name! (U10636)
comment by BlueNose 🚾 (U6456)
We don't suit 4-4-2 with our current squad.

Plus it's an antiquated system in general.

And Morelos needs a proper partner.

With less Miller and Kranjkar if possible. Both of them are done.
I dont really think the formation is the problem... Any formation can be successful so long as the you utilise the players properly and they know what their role is...

I mean Leicester won the EPL playing 442.

JFK

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by NNH, unbeatable, unstoppable, inVIncible. Glasgow Celtic πŸ’š (U10730)
comment by My POV-they want my name! (U10636)

If you're a Rangers fan then yes that's fine.

For most sane people of planet earth, it's what we like to call "bullsh!t"
It does seem like an odd angle to take.

Did esc filter you too?

All I did was use the smiley and he did the same with me. Pathetic.

Happy to dish it out but can't take it in return.

I was gonna follow it up, agreeing that the Scottish football media (and greater media in general) are sub-standard, but do have a point with Pedro as it isn't just the three results from this season that they're basing it on, but his horrendous form and performances from last season too. Even Murty was getting more out the team than he was/is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think where its guys we were familiar with before or know their pedigree - like Dorrans, Alves, Jack etc then comparing them with say Holt, Kiernan and Halliday in those cases then its fair enough to be positive about them.

They may not have had the 'perfect' start but Cardoso and Morelos also look promising.

For me Cardoso, Jack and Morelos were our best players on Saturday. So from what we have seen so far its fair to say that they look like an improvement.

Pedro is also being judged on what he has done so far this season. Its not been a great start - so there is obviously criticism for that but we are not all totally writing him off yet.

Unlike Dalcio.

For the record I don't think Pedro is the guy. But I think with 2 or 3 more of the right players in the right position this team wouldn't be far off a very comfortable second place finish.

I agree wholeheartedly on KM and Niko. I said it about Niko after the Progres game and was slaughtered for it.

Niko might have a few more good moments left in him this season but we need to move on and draw a line under him and KM.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

There seems to be a lot of revisionism on here about Murty, from both tims and bears

comment by Smid (U13415)

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

People use tactics as a bit of a generalisation though to be fair do they not?

I mean criticism of tactics is valid when you have made certain decisions that influence the result of a game. His tactics against Celtic for example in the 5-1 game were horrendous, going 3 up top being overrun in the middle of the park and playing with 2 attacking midfielders saw us exposed time and time again.

However on Saturday I don't see what tactics are wrong. As a manager your tactics shape the game, and anyone who saw it would agree it was 90 minutes of pressure with a lack of quality in the final third. As a Manager his tactics allowed us to dominate the game, but as a Manager you are then limited on what the players do in front of goal. The question then is around recruitment or quality of player you have picked, but not tactics. I don't see how you can criticise a Manager for tactics used in a game you completely dominate? For example if he goes 3-5-2 or 0-0-10 it doesn't change the fact he can't then control whether the players he picked have put the ball in the back of the net. All he can really do is set his team to control the game and get the better of the opponent which is what we did on Saturday.

As I said before though ultimately whilst games like Saturday happen, he hasn't built up enough goodwill for these one offs to become a habit. He needs results and if he is double figures behind after the first old firm game then his time is up, progress or no progress.

posted 4 weeks, 2 days ago

Me? He filtered me ages ago-think I was part of his cull after the cup final. Said at the weekend, are you really a genuine Celtic fan if Esc hasn't filtered you? But he seems to be filtering his own that don't agree with him.

Guy's a banger.

Who mentioned Murty?

JDF-apart from Alves, I don't think any of the others have anymore 'pedigree' than the guys that you had before.

As for his tactics allowing you to dominate the game-I've read plenty on here that said Hearts just sat back and let you attack them. Did Pedro not say something about Lafferty practically playing left back for most of the game?