Amazing Game, But...

comment by Edbo (U17933)
I'm absolutely delighted with going through to the semi-final and am proud of the players, but if this is the article to be pragmatic and have a little moan, then I will do so..

Trippier, Eriksen and others have been rightly criticised, but IMO Dele is getting away lightly. His decision making is so, so slow sometimes, and he is really sloppy with the ball, when he's dribbling and when he passes it. The amount of times he seems to get dispossessed when initially having all the time in the world is a joke.

Out of all of our supposedly best players, he is the one I would sell if a big offer came in.
Been waiting for this post by you

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with my opinion

comment by Ace (U18814)

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 18/4/19

Totally agree Ace. Eriksen was so close to costing us that game and we need to cut out these stupid mistakes. Take nothing away from the outcome as it was outstanding, but this group of players need to stop with these mistakes otherwise we are winning nothing.

comment by Naby8 (U6997)

comment by Ace (U18814)
If I was a Liverpool fan I’d prob be a bit worried after last night.

Firstly the Spurs squad is now totally decimated, plus there will be an after the Lord Mayors show effect. City will beat us comfortably on Saturday. Beyond that, the PL is now their main objective, and they will be fully focused on winning their 5 games. The way Utd are playing I can’t see them doing Liverpool a favour either. Liverpool meanwhile have the Barca ties to manage as well.

Cardiff have got their tails up, for some reason I see them causing Liverpool a few problems on Sunday.

Yep. The only part of that I'd really disagree with is Cardiff.

I was rooting for a Spurs win last night when caught up in the game but the reality is it's done little for our chances unfortunately. I always felt our best chance of making up the points on City was their fixture congestion and that's just be removed.

Personally I'm expecting City to win all their remaining games unfortunately.

Been waiting for this post by you

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with my opinion
Tbf I agree with it this one game situation although can see he’s playing with a double fractured hand in a cast and is getting moved between two positions. So it wasn’t a easy game for him.

Although bar maybe two players everyone was pretty shocking

Been waiting for this post by you

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with my opinion

Although bar maybe two players everyone was pretty shocking

Yeah, I mean there were definitely worse performances than his last night. And I'm not saying we should TRY to sell him, I just think he gets away lightly sometimes.

I don't want to be be too harsh though as I don't think he's been used properly for two seasons now. We've changed our shape.

Been waiting for this post by you

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with my opinion

Although bar maybe two players everyone was pretty shocking

What two players BTW? Son and...?

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

Been waiting for this post by you

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with my opinion

Although bar maybe two players everyone was pretty shocking

What two players BTW? Son and...?
VAR

comment by Naby8 (U6997)
comment by Ace (U18814)
If I was a Liverpool fan I’d prob be a bit worried after last night.

Yep. The only part of that I'd really disagree with is Cardiff.

Personally I'm expecting City to win all their remaining games unfortunately.

The theory in your response is bang on and of I was a bookie I would shorten the odds on City.

But as we have seen this season games are played on grass and there could be a few twists.

The foreign players in the City dressing room will be shattered as the CL is everything to them but what will spur them on is a slight tinge of that sense of injustice and the fact that Spurs don't even care anymore in addition to a decimated squad.

Out of interest the Newcastle and Cardiff games are as tough as Citys away matches to Burnley and Brighton in my opinion. Even wolves at home.

I wouldn't be surprised if City dealt with United away easily and blow it against Burnley.

This title race wont be as straight forward as people think.

Been waiting for this post by you

I don't expect everyone to like or agree with my opinion

Although bar maybe two players everyone was pretty shocking

What two players BTW? Son and...?
Son and probably Lucas although I think Lloris had a pretty good game considering he let in 4

comment by Ace (U18814)

posted on 18/4/19

comment by gunnersaurus rex (U21846)
comment by Naby8 (U6997)
comment by Ace (U18814)
If I was a Liverpool fan I’d prob be a bit worried after last night.

Yep. The only part of that I'd really disagree with is Cardiff.

Personally I'm expecting City to win all their remaining games unfortunately.

This title race wont be as straight forward as people think.

There was no injustice last night, VAR got everything spot on.

posted on 18/4/19

comment by Don_tottenham (U3372)
well it was dele who first lost the ball when he had space and dhoud of gone forwards with it

comment by Analog (U17200)

posted on 18/4/19

Dele is in no way a CM. Obviously we've got injuries so he has to fill in but it's a complete waste

Even when watching comps of his time at MK when we signed him, I was really unconvinced. He was playing CM and scoring goals, but his general play looked way off. His skillset and mindset is not that of a CM

Thankfully, Poch saw that early and played him in his best position, between the lines. We need a CM or two in the summer so he can return to that role

comment by Ace (U18814)
Oh Ted why don’t you shut up and fack off with this Levy nonsense, you are talking out of your arris. I don’t think you even understand what his job is at Spurs. Do your own facking article if you wanna go on about it.
Your usual polite and gentlemanly comments?

posted on 18/4/19

Ace is dead right on this and ok we are over the moon at getting thru but we still do far too many stupid things.

Both full backs suspect and never seemed to be close enough to their wide players. Having said that please not they never have any cover in front of them which seems to be the way Poch plays.

I have said the same about Trippier forever, his primary job is defending and he is crap at it. Ok he puts in a good cross from time to time but he costs us more than he gives us.

CM in now a critical area for us and we leave a lot to be desired. KDB left both Sissoko and Wanyama for dead every time he cut inside. I am not solely blaming them he is a great player but if we really want to challenge them then we need a player who is equally as good in there. Even if all our midfield players were fit we really do not have one that is anywhere near special, pretty good maybe but special no.

Dele, edbo is dead right but Deli has always been like that. He is ok on the edge of an opponents box or in the opponents half but when he is played deeper in midfield he dwells on the ball and regularly gets caught. I would not sell but I would make sure he is either up behind the striker or on the bench.

As for Eriksen (my pet hate) he is killing us. Even if that pass in the last few minutes had of made it to Davies it was a dreadful option to take. All Eriksen had to do was turn out towards the touchline and whack the ball deep into the corner while we regrouped. Personally I still believe he is scared of taking a whack and nearly always gets rid of the ball in those situations. The reason he is my pet hate is that he DOES have the ability that Wanyama, Sissoko, Dier etc. lack and he uses it maybe 10% of the time. If he has Sissokos heart and Dier or Wanyamas bravery he really would be world class because he can play.

I am still nowhere near convinced by Lloris either. He can be out of this world (Dortmund away) or he can be like yesterday and to me take away the save from KDB and he was poor.

Despite all that fair play to the lads they did get thru even tho it was not pretty

posted on 19/4/19

comment by grandspurs (U3810)

I blame Levy for our lack of 4 good signings at beginning of this season.
And of the signings he did make, Aurier is no replacement for Walker - who BTW was cutting thru the middle of us last night - and Sanchez is far from ready to take over from Alderweireld.

Not pretty? I would say we were a little bit lucky. And must thank VAR for some of it!

posted on 19/4/19

"we absolutely have to iron this nonsense out and be more professional"

No chance Ace, you know the score with Spurs.

posted on 19/4/19

I think if I hear one more complaint about us not signing players at the start of the season I will scream.

NONE of you know if we have any fecking money with the stadium build.

NONE of you know if any players wanted to fecking sign for us.

NONE of you know if any players that might have signed were the ones Poch wanted.

NO but what you do know how to do is consistently fecking whine about the same old thing time after time.

STFU or change the fecking record for gods sake

posted on 19/4/19

comment by grandspurs (U3810)

NONE of you know if we have any fecking money with the stadium build.

NONE of you know if any players wanted to fecking sign for us.

STFU or change the fecking record for gods sake
"IMO 4 good signings and we will be as feared as City even a RB and a top CM player will see us make a real challenge next season."

Your own words -

posted on 19/4/19

Your own words -
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes but the big difference is I am talking about the future all you ever do is bleat about the past.

We never signed anybody, its history get over it and look forwards not backwards.

posted on 20/4/19

comment by grandspurs (U3810)
Your own words -
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's a royally dumb comment.
Obviously I AM talking about the future, which is always decided by events in the past.
You should eat your own Goddam words and shut up!