Ole press conference

comment by Mike (U1170)

posted 4 weeks ago

If none of us, Arsenal or Chelsea really sort ourselves out in the next couple of years then all Klopp has to do to win a title is outstay Pep.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Busby (U19985)
comment by The Process (U20671)
comment by Busby (U19985)
comment by The Process (U20671)
comment by HB Fash (U21935)
I actually like Solskaer's approach, he's basically happy for anyone who's not a starter to move on and he'll use youth if he needs to for a season.

Will be in a much better place to build from next summer even if it costs you a few points over the season.
I think we’re a top defensive midfielder and right sides attacker away from being a very good side again
I agree, but then we are 4 or 5 good squad players away from even considering a title challenge.

I expect that will tie in with Klopp and Pep moving on.
Good point. Find it hard to see us or anyone else winning the title with pep around.
I think if City win the CL Pep will leave. If not, I don't see him giving much more than two seasons after this.

I doubt Klopp can keep motivated for much longer than that either to be honest. I know some Liverpool fans think he will do a Fergie but I just don't see it.

i suspect klopp will want to come back to germany at some point but not in the next five years. he is loving life and everyone loves him sadly.

comment by Busby (U19985)

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Mike (U1170)
Football is a funny game. If Liverpool continue on this upwards trend then Madric/ Barca will likely come calling for the likes of Salah, Mane and VVD.

The likes of TAA, Robertson and VVD played out of their skin last season and there's already signs that their defence isn't as solid time time around.

I think Liverpool are here to stay as title challengers as long as Klopp is there, however it's hard to keep players motivated for that length of time which was part of his undoing at Dortmund.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Busby (U19985)
comment by Mike (U1170)

i agree.

city sadly, are here to stay though. they will dominate like we did in the 90s.

comment by Elvis (U7425)

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Busby (U19985)

"In both instances the club were not convinced that the players wanted to move to United/for the right reasons. After seeing how our recent transfer policy has failed, I am actually really happy that Ed didn't' 'deliver' either of them. It shows a change in our transfer policy that will serve us well in the long run."

Yes, I agree.

But I also wonder why it took us until the final 10 days of the window to discover this.
-------------------------

Well, I don't think that Dybala was considered until he was offered to us. And then club then rightly came to the decision he wasn't the right man for us.

With Eriksen, I think that Levy was looking to sell him to Real Madrid or another foreign club. When that didn't materialise, he likely then made it known to us that he was available for the right price. But we again decided that he wouldn't be joining for the right motivations.

Uncertainty over Pogba probably also impacted on who were were looking at and when.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Elvis (U7425)
comment by Busby (U19985)

Yes, I agree.

-------------------------

Is Eriksen on a free next summer? Would be a great replacement for Pogba should he go to Real next year.

comment by Mike (U1170)

posted 4 weeks ago

Eriksen wants Madrid though.

Surely Madrid would just take Eriksen for free over spending £100m on Pogba and letting us have him for free

In fact they'd probably get both and let someone else go again.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Mike (U1170)
I don't think that is quite true. The side he has at the moment is unbelievable. There will come a point when that begins to decline. Would he have the appetite/ability to rebuild another squad capable of challenging. I've only known one manager who was consistently able to do this in the modern game at one club

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Klopp has twice had teams improve and play good football but after a few years they declined. Could happen again at Liverpool or someone else may fill in the gap vacated by Pep. City are a well run club. They are here to stay.