Off topic - Film/Movie stars

comment by Ace (U18814)
comment by Giggs#11 (U19135)
comment by Ace (U18814)
De Niro for me though.

Vito Corleone, Travis Bickle, Jake Lamotta, Jimmy Conway, Sam Rothstein, even as Jack Byrnes in Meet the Parents. Throw in others like Mean Streets, The Untouchables, Once Upon a Time in America, Jackie Brown. He’s the greatest for me, such an incredible career.
He’s done some utter rubbish recently though, he’s tarnishing his rep.
Meh, he’s an old fella now, I give him a pass at this point - he’s done more than enough in his career to cement his legacy.
Agree with Ace on this.

posted on 31/8/19

comment by manusince52 (U9692)
Non Hollywood,
Pete Postlethwaite
Bob Hoskins
Maggie Smith
love hoskins

posted on 31/8/19

Ralph Fiennes worth a shout? The English Patient, The Constant Gardener, Grand Budapest Hotel - and he’s fabulous as Gareth Mallory.

Glad to see DiCaprio in there - he’s amazing in The Wolf of Wall Street (as, incidentally, are Jonah Hill and Kyle Chandler). I also went through a phase of loving Paddy Considine’s films. Very intense performer.

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Idontlikemondays (U6377)
Gary Oldman
World class actor, best James Gordon ever

posted on 31/8/19

Why has no one mentioned Ron Perlman??

I'm a huge Henry Fonda fan too

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Martial FC (U11781)
Why has no one mentioned Ron Perlman??
A tour de force in Hellboy.!

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Giggs#11 (U19135)
comment by Martial FC (U11781)
Why has no one mentioned Ron Perlman??
A tour de force in Hellboy.!
and a big Trump hater, my kind of actor

posted on 31/8/19

comment by babyen ansikt snikmorder (U9094)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)
Robin WilliamsFFS
Given some excellent performances. You dispute this?
Yeah I mean he was almost Daniel Day Lewis like in Mrs Doubtfire

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Martial FC (U11781)
comment by Giggs#11 (U19135)
comment by Martial FC (U11781)
Why has no one mentioned Ron Perlman??
A tour de force in Hellboy.!
and a big Trump hater, my kind of actor
As is de Niro he absolutely hates trump.

comment by Ace (U18814)

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Giggs#11 (U19135)
comment by Ace (U18814)
comment by Giggs#11 (U19135)
comment by Ace (U18814)
De Niro for me though.

He’s done some utter rubbish recently though, he’s tarnishing his rep.
True he has. The good far outweighs the bad. Hopefully The Irishman is good which is out soon I think.
That’s a straight to Netflix release isn’t it?

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Black Starr (U12353)
comment by babyen ansikt snikmorder (U9094)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)
Robin WilliamsFFS
Given some excellent performances. You dispute this?
Yeah I mean he was almost Daniel Day Lewis like in Mrs Doubtfire
One film. Good performance. Excellent in others.

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Black Starr (U12353)
comment by babyen ansikt snikmorder (U9094)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)
Robin WilliamsFFS
Given some excellent performances. You dispute this?
Yeah I mean he was almost Daniel Day Lewis like in Mrs Doubtfire
cemented in there for jumanji and good will hunting alone as far as im concerned

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Martial FC (U11781)
comment by Idontlikemondays (U6377)
Gary Oldman
World class actor, best James Gordon ever
I had lunch with him once. Honestly.

posted on 31/8/19

There's a load of great tv actors who havent necessarily made the transition to film in the way you'd hope

posted on 31/8/19

comment by ‘I thought I was great, but now I realise I’m shiite, just like everything else in my miserable existence’ (U20589)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)
comment by babyen ansikt snikmorder (U9094)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)
Robin WilliamsFFS
Given some excellent performances. You dispute this?
Yeah I mean he was almost Daniel Day Lewis like in Mrs Doubtfire
He was class in good will hunting

comment by Ace (U18814)
posted 1 second ago
comment by Giggs#11 (U19135)
comment by Ace (U18814)
comment by Giggs#11 (U19135)
comment by Ace (U18814)
De Niro for me though.

He’s done some utter rubbish recently though, he’s tarnishing his rep.
That’s a straight to Netflix release isn’t it?
I think it is. Netflix have been a bit hit and miss with their films but they’ve gone all out on this apparently.

posted on 31/8/19

comment by babyen ansikt snikmorder (U9094)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)
comment by babyen ansikt snikmorder (U9094)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)
Robin WilliamsFFS
Given some excellent performances. You dispute this?
Yeah I mean he was almost Daniel Day Lewis like in Mrs Doubtfire
One film. Good performance. Excellent in others.
He certainly captured the spirit of Brando when he started in Jumanji

Joaquin Phoenix?

(Only because I saw him mentioned elsewhere) but he’s been pretty good on a few films?

posted on 31/8/19

Di Caprio has never delivered a tour de force Performance for me.

Has he appeared in great films ? Yes - but he’s never stole the show in my opinion.

posted on 31/8/19

Noticed that not one (serious) actress has had a mention.

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Metro.⚽️ (U6770)

Di Caprio has never delivered a tour de force Performance for me.

Possibly agree, though he’s largely been excellent in everything I’ve seen him in. Very consistent.

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Christopher (U20930)
Still waiting for Phil Mitchell to tour Hollywood

posted on 31/8/19

comment by Ole-Dirty-Baz ta’rd (U19119)
Joaquin Phoenix?

The Joker film looks fecking epic going off the trailers

posted on 31/8/19

comment by babyen ansikt snikmorder (U9094)
Noticed that not one (serious) actress has had a mention.
Uma Thurman??