Off topic - Film/Movie stars

posted on 1/9/19

comment by Pineapple Chunks (U1449)
Jack Nicholson as Sam Torrance in “The Shining” takes some beating
One flew over the cuckoos nest too.

Postman Always Knocks Twice.

Or rings.

comment by Tomkins (U1116)

posted on 1/9/19

Taylor Lautner

Nicholas Cage

comment by Tomkins (U1116)

posted on 1/9/19

Nah seriously though. A lot have already been mentioned but de Niro alone (even though he's a cant now) as Max Cady in Cape fear was incredible.

Sean Penn is a good shout. Watch mystic River for evidence.

Robert Duvall

There are so many others I can't even think of right now

posted on 1/9/19

Mathew mconnaghey? Done some good stuff in recent times if not mentioned yet

comment by Tomkins (U1116)

posted on 1/9/19

Interstellar is facking incredible

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 1/9/19

Paul Newman. Loved him in The Sting.

posted on 1/9/19

Top ten in no particular order:

Willem Dafoe
Anthony Hopkins
Joaquin Phoenix
Cillian Murphy
Javier Bardem
Christoph Waltz
Kevin Spacey
Gary Oldman
Denzel Washington
Jack Nicholson

Just read the thread and remembered Sam Rockwell. Make it a top eleven

No Gene Hackman Rosso ?

Waltz is rather good I have to say...great Bond villain. ..and superb in Django

posted on 2/9/19

comment by manusince52 (U9692)
No Gene Hackman Rosso ?
I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of him, to be honest.

The French Connection is great, but I don’t remember any of his other early stuff. He was excellent in Crimson Tide - that one and Enemy of the State are the performances of his I always remember.

He’s always struck me as a very accomplished supporting rather than a lead actor, but I guess I need to catch a few more of his classics

posted on 2/9/19

comment by rosso is facking happy (U17054)
comment by manusince52 (U9692)
No Gene Hackman Rosso ?
I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of him, to be honest.

He’s brilliant in unforgiven

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Irishred (U2539)
comment by rosso is facking happy(U17054)
comment by manusince52 (U9692)
No Gene Hackman Rosso ?
I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of him, to be honest.

He’s brilliant in unforgiven
Also the western with Sharon Stone....

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Irishred (U2539)
comment by rosso is facking happy(U17054)
comment by manusince52 (U9692)
No Gene Hackman Rosso ?
I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of him, to be honest.

He’s brilliant in unforgiven
Also the western with Sharon Stone....
The quick and the dead

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Irishred (U2539)
comment by rosso is facking happy(U17054)
comment by manusince52 (U9692)
No Gene Hackman Rosso ?
I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of him, to be honest.

He’s brilliant in unforgiven
Also the western with Sharon Stone....
The quick and the dead
Also Runaway Jury

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Irishred (U2539)
comment by rosso is facking happy(U17054)
comment by manusince52 (U9692)
No Gene Hackman Rosso ?
I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of him, to be honest.

He’s brilliant in unforgiven
Also the western with Sharon Stone....
The quick and the dead
Also Runaway Jury
Mississippi Burning

posted on 2/9/19

So there’s a day of my life gone

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Martial FC (U11781)
posted 1 day, 16 hours ago
comment by Ace (U18814)
comment by Metro.⚽️ (U6770)

Di Caprio has never delivered a tour de force Performance for me.

Has he appeared in great films ? Yes - but he’s never stole the show in my opinion.
Thought he was outstanding in Wolf of Wall St.
Shutter Island
Wolf of Wall Street
The Revenant
Blood Diamond

More poverty opinions from Metro.

You're just listing films he appeared in

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Spurtle (U1608)
comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Irishred (U2539)
comment by rosso is facking happy(U17054)
comment by manusince52 (U9692)
No Gene Hackman Rosso ?
I’m not sure I’ve seen enough of him, to be honest.

He’s brilliant in unforgiven
Also the western with Sharon Stone....
The quick and the dead
Also Runaway Jury
Mississippi Burning
Yeah and that

comment by Dave (U11711)

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Diafol Coch 77 - A Reputable Poster (U2462)
posted 1 day, 18 hours ago
Still not added Harrison Ford Babyen!

This guy surely has to be on the list though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdniWncWu4

comment by Dave (U11711)
comment by Diafol Coch 77 - A Reputable Poster (U2462)
posted 1 day, 18 hours ago
Still not added Harrison Ford Babyen!

I used to quite like Blackadder as well.

Don’t remember that bit though.

posted on 2/9/19

If anyone doubts Leo go watch Once Upon a time in Hollywood. Masterclass in acting.

comment by Dave (U11711)

comment by Dave (U11711)
comment by Diafol Coch 77 - A Reputable Poster (U2462)
posted 1 day, 18 hours ago
Still not added Harrison Ford Babyen!

Left me speechless

comment by Dave (U11711)

posted on 2/9/19

Mississippi Burning is brilliant.

posted on 2/9/19

comment by Sideshow (U11809)
posted 1 day, 14 hours ago
John Hurt could certainly be thrown into the discussion
Defo he's outstanding