Never felt so detatched from Spurs

posted on 11/3/20

Lost so much love for the club over the past year

We're a corporation and an entertainment business now that have seemed to have forgotten about the club's values and football as a whole.

We're a joke. No trophy in 11 years. Completely outplayed over two legs for a team that didn't even exist 10 years ago.

We're an embarrassment. Spent 3 years looking forward to the new stadium, and now it's probably the worst thing that has ever happened.

Take me back to WHL and the 'Arry Redknapp days. At least the football was entertaining and I looked forward to actually going.

I've sold most of my games on my ST this season. Just not worth it.

The club from the top to the core is an absolute disgrace.

comment by GOODBYE (U1029)

posted on 11/3/20

100% should be winning more than just 1 trophy, been a huge Levy supporter for a long time but maybe he needs to leave to let the club push on, anyone that says that there is no correlation between spending and success is deluded.

posted on 11/3/20

comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)
We haven't won anything in the last 20 years to justify this level of expectation

It's not like none of us understand the business model that Levy sets out, not saying we should accept, far from it.

He's running a club with an eye on the P&L

What level of expectation ?

Being able to defend set pieces and not concede two or three goals every game?

Being able to string an attack together and not have to rely on own goals and penalties to score

It’s not asking a lot to at least make ourselves tough to beat or even score against

posted on 11/3/20

comment by Don_tottenham (U3372)
You seem to be finally coming to terms with the fact that Daniel Levy and ENIC are a massive issue at this club mate. I hate to say this to you chronic, but I did tell you mate all those years ago. I am so disconnected mate, I actually didn’t watch the game last night and won’t be watching Sunday either. I could see from a mile off we were going to struggle without a striker signing and once again Levy screwed us over like he’s screwed over the fans for years. We were neck and neck with Liverpool. They spent 180 mil, we spent 0. They are European and world champions, plus will be crowned league champions. Spurs have won f** all. That’s Spurs all over. I am sick to death of it and don’t even like half of these players.
There is some real truth in the barren transfer windows because if you look at the stats from our games late 2018 we were still bossing games with a high pressing style, our possession was still way above 55%. The system that brought us 2 title challenges and the respect from other clubs was creaking but functioning.
Levy deserves huge credit for the period before this including Poch's appointment as it made us proud to be a Spurs fan and the football was intense and on the whole a delight to watch. Having had a season ticket throught out the 90's early 2000's this was without doubt the best period I have seen. Icing on the cake would have been the PL when Leicester won it fack me we deserved it that year imo great team.
Then came the period you allude to....oh dear...the whole project thrown under a bus without doubt due to the overbearing stadium rebuild. Here Levy should have appointed someone high up on the football side why he concentrated on what he is good at the business side. The Mou appointment is a last desperate throw of the dice by Levy to put a sticking plaster on what he ignored in 2018. Sad for us supporters to see as it wont work

posted on 11/3/20

I think you guys sealed your fate as soon as you approved the new stadium.

Arsenal was all the proof you needed of what was going to happen.

comment by GOODBYE (U1029)

posted on 11/3/20

comment by palmers_spur (U8896)
comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)

He's running a club with an eye on the P&L

What level of expectation ?

Being able to defend set pieces and not concede two or three goals every game?

I mean there's been no level of constant success over the last 10 years to justify the way the our fans have reacted recently.

But I understand where it comes from.

I'm more a realist so having supported and grown up with Spurs through the 90's and onwards I've only known failure so I'm accustom to it

posted on 11/3/20

We needed the stadium to compete. We cant have it both ways. But there should have been contingencies in place with regards to transfers which were put on the backburner as the team were "doing well".

Am afraid I am in the minority here but feel Levy is a great chairman who has our clubs interest at heart. Am not sure of the net spend in his tenure but am pretty sure its quite significant except the players bought in have usually been average as we usually struggle to attract top players. This has been our achilles heel.

Chairmen also make poor decisions and a lack of recruitment and slapdash and poor recruitment recently is now biting hard. I mean 40mill on Clark and Sessesgon is just a fooking joke.

When you look at the youngsters in the Chelsea/Arsenal/Manu teams settling in comfortably in the 1st team it really does make you wonder if we do have a scouting team..

posted on 11/3/20

If it's any consolation lads, I was feeling completely disenchanted with Liverpool 3 years ago.

Klopp seemed to be massively overlooking flaws in the team, persisting with the likes of Karius, Moreno, Lovren, Can etc.

Then you spanked us 4-1 and he seemed to wake up. Replacing Karius with Alisson, Moreno with Robertson, Lovren with Van Dijk and Can with Fabinho has transformed us in to the best team on the planet.

4 rather innocuous signings in their own right, but the right fit for the club.

Stick with it

posted on 11/3/20

Mourinho was a poor appointment... his values are the complete opposite of our traditional values
==================================

Yes I know, hes a serial winner.

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 11/3/20

Now that the dust is settled I am prepared to give Mourinho next season with hopefully a better squad to see what he can do. Equally I wouldn't be that bothered if he's dismissed before it.

comment by GOODBYE (U1029)

posted on 11/3/20

Klopp had two poor seasons before the board knew he needed investment and they recruited superbly.

Liverpool are the blueprint, all bit they play with a totally different style to us and Jose.

posted on 11/3/20

comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)

Maybe you should all quit Spurs and support Liverpool?

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 11/3/20

comment by Adam Z Lucifer - Rooneysrage9 (U22327)

==================================

Yes I know, hes a serial winner.

A serial winner that currently ranks the lowest of all time for win percentage for Spurs managers.

posted on 11/3/20

comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)

Levy charges the highest prices in Europe. No excuse for what is being delivered right now. Total and utter incompetence from levy.

comment by GOODBYE (U1029)

posted on 11/3/20

comment by Anfield RAP (U2114)
comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)

Maybe you should all quit Spurs and support Liverpool?
I'm in

comment by GOODBYE (U1029)

posted on 11/3/20

comment by Smeg and the club levy destroyed (U6574)
comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)

SMEG

posted on 11/3/20

comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)

Two poor seasons?

posted on 11/3/20

comment by THudd - The Special ONE. (U1029)
Tanganga ironing out Upamecano made me chuckle
That was some shoulder “barge!!” 😂😂

comment by sandy (U20567)

posted on 11/3/20

Chronic, why do you say this is a disaster of a season, it is a perfectly normal season. Lots of injuries, win nothing. What`s unusual or disastrous about it?

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 11/3/20

comment by sandy (U20567)
If it's that normal we should have just let Poch carry on then, shouldn't we?

comment by SB&S (U17757)

posted on 11/3/20

My son didn't even whatsapp me after the game last night, which I switched off after 15 minutes. That's how detached we both are. I would add angry to the mix as well. Angry at going from being a CL finalist to this in next to no time. Always supported Levy on the basis that a successful club needs a strong financial foundation but am starting to think I've been wrong all along. The last fiscal Spurs announced the largest ever profit for a football club and here we are. Beyond poor, with a toxic manager and a club owner in apparent denial. Will I renew my season ticket? Very unlikely.

comment by sandy (U20567)

comment by Edbo (U17933)
I feel exactly the same, I didn't even bother watching the match yesterday which is unheard of for me.

Why didn`t you watch it Edbo, have a few poor results suddenly turned you into a plastic. I doubt it. Come on Spurs have a lost a few games with a crippling injury list. That is football.

I find it astonishing a lot of our supporters on here, say they didn`t watch Spurs yesterday. Are you all just fair weather supporters? Just watch when the team is winning?

I have seen, far, far worse than what is going on at the moment, and that is with a fully fit squad.

Do you seriously think changing Levy will make players becoming less injury prone? It is just unfortunate that all the injuries have happened to all the better players.

Honestly I am astonished with a lot of our so called supporters on the board that have thrown in the towel so easily.

Modern supporters I suppose, want everything now.

comment by Sem (U9729)

posted on 11/3/20

comment by sandy (U20567)
comment by Edbo (U17933)

Modern supporters I suppose, want everything now.
to be fair Sandy

we're wanted everything for a very very very long time

and the frustration is that all these stupid decisions along with poor injuries are setting us back a good 8-10 years

comment by Sem (U9729)

comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by sandy (U20567)
comment by Edbo (U17933)

Modern supporters I suppose, want everything now.
to be fair Sandy

we're wanted everything for a very very very long time

we've wanted

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 11/3/20

comment by sandy (U20567)
comment by Edbo (U17933)

Modern supporters I suppose, want everything now.
Agreed. Too many ungrateful fans that want managers sacked after a bit of a wobble due to injuries and lack of signings. Even when they have taken the club into new territory of challenging for a PL title or a CL. Ungrateful fans.