A Simplistic Solution ?? . . . . .

posted on 13/3/20

Why bother with all that though? There is no necessity to do it and it will cause greater disturbance in the long-term. Scrap it and have done. Roll on next season.

You would say “scrap it” wouldn’t you? Derby are nowhere this season. It’s not fair to Leeds and West Brom, who have been top 2 all season, to say just scrap it! I don’t know what will happen but that really isn’t a fair way to settle things.

posted on 13/3/20

comment by Debbie-LFC (U22356)
Anyone remember the days before the lottery did for the pools? In bad weather if all games postponed the Pools Panel decided the results.

If this season had to be cancelled making it impossible to finish then maybe a panel could decide the results giving all leagues a final standing.

Would be drastic for those relegated but what alternative to write off whole season?

Only if the panel consists of 100% Arsenal fans!

posted on 13/3/20

comment by Macca: Emily Bishop's love child (U8194)
Remember the days when drawn European matches were decided by the toss of a coin. Sounds ridiculous but it could happen again in the EFL and Premier league if this suspension lasts till August as it would be hard to see all the fixtures being fulfilled unless they then start the new season in October. Hopefully things will calm down by April and we can all return to normal but still what a mess!
Say season was delayed until October, and Euro’s postponed until next year? Players wouldn’t get a break?

posted on 13/3/20

comment by Debbie-LFC (U22356)

comment by Macca: Emily Bishop's love child (U8194)

----------------------------------------------

They are having a break now. I would feel more sorrow for the poor feckers who have died from the virus than young fit millionaires.

posted on 13/3/20

How about award everyone 1 point as if all games were drawn?

posted on 13/3/20

comment by MaidinLeeds (U2464)

It is not fair to Leeds and West Brom. It is not fair either to all those businesses, restaurants, cafes, pubs etc who are going to go out of business, it's not fair those folk who are going to die. Is there any reason why it should be fair just to a couple of Football clubs? Life has never been fair and never will it be fair.

posted on 13/3/20

comment by sandy (U20567)
Simplest thing is just cancel this season, and next seasons European Competitions.

Then start from scratch again next season, whenever that is allowed to start. Simplest and easiest solution.
How is that the easiest solution? What if we don't get the all clear to play again until say November? There's no way you could fit a 38 games season in 5 months as it's likely the Euro's will be next summer.

posted on 13/3/20

comment by Let Me inRamdini (U21882)
comment by MaidinLeeds (U2464)

O fook off

posted on 13/3/20

It is simply a necessary precaution to preserve life for a huge proportion of the world's population. It is tough - but it's a tough situation. We are all in it together. Rich and poor, young and old. Fat and thin, black or white. A totally indiscriminating fate. We simply have to do the best we can to minimise the number of deaths.. Whatever it takes.

posted on 13/3/20

It's one of those situations where if your team is vying for honours all you want is what you deem a "fair" resolution. If they're sat in 18th, like mine is, you can see the bigger picture which is that football compared to human life is miniscule.

I completely understand the views of Liverpool and Leeds fans, but if Man United and Derby were in their positions now I'm guessing people's opinions on things would turn full circle...

posted on 13/3/20

comment by Cal Neva (U11544)
Wednesday should be docked 50 points for their fans coming up with bad suggestions.
. . . only from a Leeds fan

posted on 13/3/20

I don't really care what happens tbh. I've just got back from my Mum's nursing home and they are not allowing any visitors from Monday morning. Who knows how long it will be before I see her after that

posted on 13/3/20

Does she work there or a patient ?

I have been going to a local NH for the last 14 months. Initially for my mother and sister now just my sister. They put on restrictions today. Limiting visits to family only once a week with prior notice. And you are temperature checked on arrival.

posted on 13/3/20

comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)
Went to see my father in law today (he's 90) in care home near us. He's got every ailment under the sun, exists a life as it is. Very sad to see.

He's begged me to go contract the virus then come back and give him a big hug. So sad when life comes to that for someone. We believe we'll be stopped from Monday too, so i'll need to break in to grant him his wish after that.

posted on 13/3/20

Resident there, Cal. Been there 9 years. The prospect of not seeing her for long periods is scary. I totally understand the reasoning, and I know she will be well cared for, but it still breaks my heart not to see her.

posted on 13/3/20

Sorry to hear that, didn't know. How is your health these days ?

posted on 13/3/20

comment by VOF - I can see clearly now.... (U17124)
comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)

- i feel for you.

posted on 13/3/20

comment by Cal Neva (U11544)
Sorry to hear that, didn't know. How is your health these days ?
I'm perfect these days. I'm the bionic woman.

Good to hear.

posted on 13/3/20

With 80% of the season played, the fair solution is to complete the season.

Hopefully in 3 weeks time the virus has run its course through the vast majority of each club's personnel and the season can be resumed.

If so, all internationals need to be scrapped for now.

The clubs will have one week's of fixtures to complete, 3 games. Resume with the calendar as previously scheduled and add the 3 missed games to the back end of the season which therefore ends one week later than scheduled with promotion playoffs to follow.

QED!!!

posted on 13/3/20

comment by VOF - I can see clearly now.... (U17124)
comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)

Heartbreaking. My grandad was like that. Spent the last two years of visiting him trying to ignore his pleas of wanting to die.

posted on 13/3/20

comment by JonnyLosAngeles (My Dad was made in Leeds) עם ישראל חי (U9756)
With 80% of the season played, the fair solution is to complete the season.

If so, all internationals need to be scrapped for now.

QED!!!
Sadly, in 3 weeks time this thing will most likely be somewhere close to its peak. No way is football resuming in the first week of April.

posted on 13/3/20

Of course fans of Liverpool, Sheffield United, West Brom, Leeds, etc will be disappointed but I’m afraid, hard as it may be, they will have to be grown-up about it. It’s a very, very small price to lay if a few football fans feel a bit irked because they thought they might have had a good season. Life will go on. Football will re-start sometime. Meanwhile, we have far bigger fish to fry.

posted on 13/3/20

comment by JonnyLosAngeles (My Dad was made in Leeds) עם ישראל חי (U9756)
With 80% of the season played, the fair solution is to complete the season.

If so, all internationals need to be scrapped for now.

QED!!!

To add, the health of club personnel is the initial deciding factor.

Once they are good to go an evaluation of the overall population can be made and fans will either be at games or the play without them.

Season and match ticket holders get free streaming while the rest of us pay for it. Perhaps the clubs send them merchandise to partly make up for the differential between ticket price and streaming price.

Real fans need to support their clubs (Prem clubs will be fine with or without gate money, its the EFL clubs that are of concern) now more than ever!