Colchester United v Bolton Wanderers

posted on 22/9/20

Should we take it as other clubs having a dig at their own fans for not splashing a tenner on iFollow
For us every little bit helps but we'd be better off making money from fans being back drinking eating making merry and winning games.

posted on 22/9/20

As BENNY gone missing !!, we haven’t heard a thing since his post was deleted?.

posted on 22/9/20

In light of fans returning being paused is Benny researching standing for parliament ? It may be the only way to get back to watching football as it should be watched.
It's a mess being made into a bigger mess, lower league football and other live events are not just suffering now give it time the dominoes will fall.

posted 1 month, 1 day ago

The news that fans are not being allowed into stadiums is devastating. Finances are going to be stretched to the limit.

I see that the government is being lobbied to provide a safety net for clubs in the lower leagues but how far will they go if they decide to put up some money. The government have now decided to put some money into the arts so why not sport. However I have no faith in that coming to pass.

There is no way that the Premiership will be helping the lower leagues. Sean Dyche has said that successful companies don't help out struggling companies. What he is forgetting is that many future players for Premiership teams are brought on by lower league clubs.

posted 1 month, 1 day ago

Push halfpenny used to be very popular on those old school formica dining room tables when I were lad perhaps when football is dead we can sell my school halfpenny league format to Sky and get rich.

posted 1 month, 1 day ago

Whilst football clubs will have a covid secure stadium and good hygene and social distance protocols it's what happens with fans before and after the game that's the issue with us not returning.

The EFL instead of moaning and stamping their feet should come up with solutions that are practical for their member clubs.

As for Dyche's comments he's forgotten where he came from as well.

Also on the Wheater situation - I think he's far too slow to be playing at the back for us with how we want to play.

posted 1 month, 1 day ago

Oh 'eck now the Ben have gone and thrown a bag of onions into the pot you'll know where to find it I can't bring myself to post a link
Chin up chaps the big build up to the weekend starts tomorrow knowing our luck we'll win with iFollow collapsing 5mins in.

posted 1 month ago

Saturdays game would be a great one to turn the corner. Our opponents are flying high at the moment and a win for us could be the result to change our season. It seems unlikely but I'm crossing everything. I hope that the team can live up to their pre-season build up.

posted 1 month ago

It's much nicer reading the official message than a Ben edit version so I'll do a linky

posted 1 month ago

Gossip says we are the front runners for Gareth Evans an attacking midfielder from Pompy. Could this be on the advise of Nurse who tending a few of ours as usual

posted 1 month ago

Someone who can actually put the ball into the back of the oppositions net would be most welcome.

posted 1 month ago

Looks like that Evans is off to Bradford instead.

Needless to say the statement from R Shazza is a million million miles from what Kenneth would be ranting about by now.

posted 1 month ago

comment by Ye Olde Pasty (U2191)
As was made clear by our friends at Colchester United, the response we have received through the EFL’s iFollow streaming service has been extraordinary. We are in discussions with the EFL about iFollow and how it could be enhanced and it will remain available whilst supporters are unable to return to the Stadium.

Pasty, A section of your post I picked up on , how ifollow could be enhanced, Could we be watching on the tv 📺 soon ?

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

GWD - For us all to be watching on television there are ways and means in the digital era. The Red Button for instance Freeview and Freesat has plenty of space don't hold your breath just yet remember Sky own own the rights.
The improvements mentioned will be managing the load better with iFollow to start with there has been some load balancing for 10mins in on games what else has been suggested? best guess here perhaps a better split of money , improved network, management of the web system and some fancy trimmings.

My big question. Post Covid is there something in iFollow which could be used to help top up lower league clubs earnings it would be nice since the big league takes the lions share of what's on offer at the moment maybe a chance to own our own rights and distribute some money away from the current agreements improve exposure and image it could be a breakout moment if done right.

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

I can't find any names or numbers of the sick lame and lazy from todays press conference.
Should we take it as its just Sarcevic, Edwards, Faal and Politic still out and in the capable hands of Nurse
What about Benny no sign yet should we be worried

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Sarcevic still out but progressing well apparently.

Should Benny not appear by 1pm tomorrow I'll do the needfull with tomorrow's match thread if required.

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Aw thanks for caring. Had a very busy work week and my own little world after work issues to sort and in fact not realised I've not logged in since Sunday? Also with it being a slow news week with no midweek game apart from sharon's statement. Really nice to know I'm missed I'm sure nunsnmoses would be on if anything happened to me. Well I hope so anyway. All set for tomorrow. Had the ifollow match pass email, all set up on the app and bought the right hdmi cable to connect from my tablet to the telly.

posted 4 weeks ago

Good to see you back
We did try and stay positive as Mr Evatt ordered but couldn't help but worry.

It's match day and time for that first win today we don't want to be knocking on the door of a club winless start to a season record.

posted 4 weeks ago

It was hiding in the Manc rag to add to those mentioned above Shaun Miller still missing today maybe next week for him.

In other news The Ben must be losing readers all over and really putting digital readers off like all newsquest's sites they are bombing people to pay and turning them off. I'm anticipating mergers of their local news to cut costs at some point where will they put us.