Bolton Wanderers v Newport County

posted 4 weeks ago

Come the transfer window we need to try and to rid ourselves of the dross. I only wish Tobias hadn't given Evatt a three year contract.

Tobias might be good at something but we need someone who really knows football to be in charge of the football aspects of the club. I have already put forward Sam. He may be unavailable for us but it has to be an option.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Ye Olde Pasty (U2191)
6 games to go to the 8 it took IE at Barrow but what we are seeing doesn't look like something magic sparkly dust could fix it
That would be 5 Pasty.

posted 4 weeks ago

ah but 8 terrible games so 6 to go before we may see a change and win.

posted 4 weeks ago

Oups I messed up me words that 6th game is when we see the change according to Barrow

posted 4 weeks ago

Thanks Benny sorry you'll feel it wasn't worth coming back for.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Bennythedip - Living The Dream (U9359)
Even in the 80s I don't think we had as bad a Bolton team as this.
David Wheater 😉

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by The Ghost of Gerald Cid (U6427)
Centre Half who knows how to defend in on loan.
David Wheater 😉,
Wrong post Benny , 😐 sorry

posted 4 weeks ago

Could get wheater for free and lonergan but down to wages so got cheap instead.

posted 4 weeks ago

I guess come Monday it'll be "Relax have a Cadbury's Caramel" as IE describes the way forward in the Ben

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Just found a positive. We have more points than after the same number of games last season.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Benny we started last season with -12. No real positive there.

"Wanderers went into their shell and Newport snatched a second to win three points with ease". (taken from BN). I accept the comment/excuse is correct but the management and squad are supposed to be professionals not a bunch of kids playing in the park with a manager giving his services for the love of the game!

At this moment in time hardly anyone connected with the squad or the team itself isn't good enough to be at BWFC. An odd player yes but the rest, especially Tobias and Ian, need to admit that they aren't up to the job.

I hope that will change but I'm not sure it will I expect us to win some games against the poorer clubs in the division but any thoughts of winning the league seem like a fairy story.

The only hope that we have is that we can sign some decent players in the next transfer window. To do that we need to be able to move some of the players on which won't be easy. We also need Evatt to get his act together.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Take a moment to study the stat report link.
Be sure to read the Match Summary click through the Situational Report and Positional Report tabs.

Big Red Flag for us having no counter attacks, no organisation on the pitch too biased to the right side open at the back and much more.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Evatts revels comments may come back to haunt him like hills onions one.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

What was the setup at Barrow does anybody know did they have a Phoenix and a super abacus? Are we trying to reinvent the wheel or did we benchmark Brentford and are following that example to the letter. We are decent chaps, do we play fair and allow a similar amount of time as it took at Barrow last season, 8 games and by the 9th it has all clicked with everything running tickety boo from that point onwards.

I will suffer the 8 games it took Ian Evatt last season at Barrow but I should issue a warning commeth the 9th league game if I have not been grinning clapping shouting “Get In” and seeing the skies beginning to turn as a new dawn approaches. It won’t be on the pitch with bed sheets due to Covid I will be planting headboards around Lostock with some choice remarks engraved upon them tombstone style.

I also expect to see the coalman making a delivery at the ground first thing Monday followed shortly after by Ian and Tobias ready to be dragged over the coals, interrogated and quizzed about what is going on this is not what we ordered and nothing like the description of the product we were expecting.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Another positive. No one has put 4 past us yet.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Or 5

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Revels are out
Prepare yourself IE is going from Revels to a lucky bag in the sweet shop for his trip to play Harrogate he's only got sixpence what else can he do with his money.
Will he have the players training all day making them break sweet Will Alexander make saves look as easy as toffee perhaps they all need a Breakaway.
We need a Feddo a team of Hero's if we are to come out smelling of Roses.

In other news we are linked with Crispello the coach is broke so it'll be a Double Decker next week hope we don't get lost and end up in Bournville again.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Great post Pasty.

Evatt says changes are a-coming. Those who want it most will be in the team. The problem is if none of our players isn't up to it, it won't make any difference. I don't think that he has any idea.

Non-league football isn't quite the same as league football. and good managers are the ones who are consistent. Usually, they build their teams from the back and work forward. Our defence is the worst we have had in living memory. Can it be fixed? Not without the right component parts. It looks as if we don't have the right parts.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

I'd change the keeper go to four at the back with a sweeper stop the goals against we need clean sheets then work on getting the ball moving quickly up top give our strike force something decent to work with while we are not a goal or two down chasing the game.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Others need a chance now. I was thinking something like. Alexander, brockbank, delaney, taft, mascol. Sarcevic, graham, Crawford, cosgrove, doyle.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

If football is going begging to Boris is the best thing he could do for the game is to enforce some financial review and change to ensure better financial management and a better share out of all the riches.
There is the top few clubs who wanted a cake got it then ran away from all the other levels of football and are scoffing the cake so they do not have to share it with anybody else.
I would not trust the top PL clubs with crumbs around their mouth though they would be off back into the EU given half a chance to join a new euro super league with more money with all the other greedy clubs from around the EU.

PS if IE asks the cake I'm taking about had sprinkles and chocolate buttons on it.

posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

Early on in the match I said they looked lethargic. Now after spending plenty and using an algorithm the computer has come up with a very similar conclusion says IE.
Just make sure they are awake and up for it come Harrogate and we might see something like we saw against Colchester where signs of what looked like something promising was coming along soon were seen.

Are they being overworked during the week in IE's super fitness drive? you do need rest days but they should be at the right time as part of match preparations.

posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

“We feel that we need a goal – whether it’s the first one or an equaliser – I know then that the lads will relax more,” I think we all knew that we needed a goal perhaps two or three would be more like it. However, just as importantly, we need to stop giving away cheap goals.

I don't like being negative, I'm usually a positive type of person but we need a win to give the squad a boost and something for the fans to cheer. I hope our next game will be the one that the team can build on. Otherwise, I fear the worst.

posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

Grimsby taking a two game covid time out before they play us.
If you rework the words tired and fresh I'm sure you can come up with a post match excuse in case it all goes wrong again on Oct 10th.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Something for the mid-week boredom Sir? it's worth a listen from yesterday.
File on 4 - Fit for football