Obers Haven

posted on 29/3/20

"It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear”

While that was happening we were scrambling at work for supplies, tests, information. Fck him. I'm stuck shrugging my shoulders at people and sending them home to cross their fingers. The fckin nerve. Then there are those that continue to line up to fellate him. Honestly not even worth the effort, leaking their dimwitted bile everywhere and dragging the rest of society back.

I'm done. See you guys. Stay safe.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Blarmy (U14547)
If anything the worrying reality is the prevalence of conspiracy theory promoters in normal life as opposed to the stereotype you describe npe

I just find conspiracy theories really boring. Cliches or no cliches.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Sideshow (U11809)
comment by Oscar. 2019 YEAR OF THE MACK! #TeamFury (U12980)
good idea, when this is all over can we fk children in need and comic relief off and have a big NHS one instead, no offense to the young africans but we should be taking care of our own first
can also be done by redistributing the wealth.

I am going to be very unpopular saying this but my respect for doctors, paramedics and nurses does not extend to the state organ called the NHS that secular liberals worship like a God.

posted on 29/3/20

I dont support more taxes to pay for “our NHS”, any more than I do to pay for “our Kate”.

posted on 30/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Blarmy (U14547)

I just find conspiracy theories really boring. Cliches or no cliches.
yeh tupacs been coming back for like 10 years now

posted on 30/3/20

Locals in Wuhan believe 42,000 people may have died in the coronavirus outbreak there not the 3,200 claimed by Chinese authorities

posted on 30/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)

You raise a good point that any loyalty and pride towards the NHS should not blind us to seeing better alternative healthcare systems. But the politicians in this country are so out of touch with reality, that they won’t even contemplate anything enterprising.

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

Radical change of the health system would be a bad idea rn

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 30/3/20

I work in health insurance

You dont want it

The system makes some sense in terms of how society pays for healthcare but i consider the ability to pay your way up the waiting lists to be a tad immoral

I think inpatient healthcare should be doled out on a necessity/urgency basis rather than bought

Outpatient healthcare is a bit of a grey area

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 30/3/20

Also its a hell of a fecking hassle in peoples lives

The girl i am dating at the moment told me about her anxiety over keeping track of her ambulance cover

One accidental missed payment could cost her $4k in fees

comment by Mons (U21799)

posted on 30/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Oscar. 2019 YEAR OF THE MACK! #TeamFury (U12980)
Who knows what to believe man none of us know nothing apart from it’s very real and it’s fkin $hit

Hopefully ends earlier than feared

Who knows? The reason we are doing all this stuff is we do not really know, and would rather risk an overreaction to an under-reaction.

I quite agree, but I think we should deeply wary of the most hysterical voices, such as Mons this morning.
BUT THAT'S WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN
It's not me that enforcing it ITS. A REALITY

Everyone disagreed, my point was is there is nothing we can do about it the government is already talking about it and its happening in other countries

Just because I said the word orwellian doesn't mean its a conspiracy. Its happening

It's not drastic measures and overacting its a reality

It's draconian and orwellian and exactly the sort of thing that "conspiracy theorists" have been saying for years

The numbers aren't better in Italy with an even stricter lockdown than us

posted on 30/3/20

comment by Blarmy (U14547)
Radical change of the health system would be a bad idea rn

I never said I wanted it.

I simply said I loathe the moral preening about the NHS. It saves lives, which is great, but that is what we pay it ti do.

posted on 30/3/20

“The numbers aren't better in Italy with an even stricter lockdown than us”

If we have the same numbers as Italy with a laxer lockdown, why do we need a stricter one? Bizarre comment.

Go back and read what you say, You were openly advocating for a Stasi state. Not predicting one.

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 30/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Blarmy (U14547)
Radical change of the health system would be a bad idea rn

I never said I wanted it.

To those that agree with the principles behind it, it is a moral good

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 30/3/20

what are you metrics for responding well to the outbreak btw?

posted on 30/3/20

My overriding feeling is one of concern for people close to me in my life who I cannot live without.

As for metric - do you mean for NHS, government or myself personally?

posted on 30/3/20

Is there anything more Trump than him bragging on Twitter about the ratings his coronavirus updates have been getting? Feck me the kid’s mental

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 30/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)

As for metric - do you mean for NHS, government or myself personally?
'I think it is interesting that US aside, insurance based healthcare models in Europe have performed well in response to the outbreak, such as in Germany and Switzerland.'

Whatever metrics this statement was based on

ffs lol

A driver flouted the coronavirus lockdown to pick up £15 windows with his wife in the boot of his car.

The man, who had bought the windows on eBay, was stopped by police on the M6 in Cheshire on Sunday after collecting his purchase in Salford.

Police said his wife had to sit in the boot as she "could not fit in the vehicle" for the return journey to Coventry.

North West Motorway Police issued the man with a traffic offence report.

After the force tweeted news of the 220-mile round trip people reacted with a mixture of shock and disbelief.

posted on 30/3/20

South Korea seem to have managed this very well. South Korea, one of the countries most successful in truly 'flattening the curve' as most countries are aiming for, appear to have used a strategy that not a lot of countries are using (extensive, easily accessible and aggressive testing, contact tracing on those tested positive, and quarantine for those exposed).

posted on 30/3/20

Not sure about this PL summer camp games thing. It is an innovative idea and has lots of advantages but I’m not sure how appropriate it would be and whether it would be ‘accepted’ by the public. Guess it depends whether this pandemic is still so prominent in by the summer.

posted on 30/3/20

I think it could be quite useful from a panem et circenses perspective.

comment by Obers (U3904)

posted on 30/3/20

I'm all for hearing differing views on topics but Sizzle just ruins every thread with his nonsense.

posted on 30/3/20

comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
posted 3 days ago
comment by SuperFrank (U15103)
comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by SuperFrank (U15103)
I'm still going to work also, trying to be sensible stay away from people etc

Taxi - Work - Taxi - Home. Same cab everyday.
What do you do SF
facilities Manager in the City mate.
So is that classed as essential
Would rather be at home believe me! But yeah it is because of the IT side of things.

comment by Obers (U3904)

He is only marginally worse than some of the prize dullards on the election thread.