Obers Haven

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

He hasn’t didn’t turn up trees or anything but provided decent enough goals return in previous seasons for struggling teams, he’s been praised before for his previous PL seasons, was often linked to bigger teams etc.

Tbf it is not a good omen he’s been relegated everytime he’s been in PL despite this lol, on checking. Still I think previously he’s shown roughly similar standard to likes of Maupay, Woods, Barnes.

CPL updated

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Tacticall we were spot on yesterday agst City and I believe we could only play that way because of Werner. Yes Pullisic is quick too,but he is no the type of player to stay out wide and play off the shoulder.

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

I think there was an argument to play him ahead of Ziyech

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by NPEEE (U22521)
I think there was an argument to play him ahead of Ziyech
Yeah, but I think Pullisic needed to revocer from his ABH at the hands of Porto.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I gotta admit Werner looks like he is going to be a thorn against these top sides who play a high-line. If all he does is just look to exploit the space we will always have an outlet. I just hope he develops some composure on the ball as he is still too head down, kick rush for me.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Sideshow (U11809)
Fair comment

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

BTW Spurs gave had 10 full time managerial appointments this century, soon to be 11 i would imagine.

TT is our 11th full time managerial appointment this century.

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

So, team v Brighton?

Bear in mind we have West Ham away at the weekend too.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Can’t predict it. There will be rotation in the forward line and wingbacks. Maybe a chance for Gilmour as well over Jorginho. I’d continue to play Kante. He is someone who needs to play a run of games before he starts to shine.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by NPEEE (U22521)
So, team v Brighton?

Bear in mind we have West Ham away at the weekend too.
Too lazy to type mine again. And you are probably too lazy to scroll back

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Ah I posted mine earlier too

I want CHO and Gilmour to start but I doubt it

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

We rotated a lot v WBA and had our trousers pulled down so I do fear TT might play some players into the ground to avoid such losses

I would give Mount, Jorginho and James a rest and also not risk Silva so he is fit for West Ham.

I doubt TT will do that though.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

I doubt TT will do that though.
Not clear if that was down to rotation though.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

For me Mount shd not start nor shd Silva nor shd Jorghino although that one is closer. I would also not start Pullisic. He is not exactly Mr Robust and I suspect he needs as much recovery as possible after Porto

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

It was a strong team still. Zouma + Alonso on the left was the real mistake in hindsight. Although we completely lost our nerve with how they went route one and pressed us.

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I would pick Pulisic-Werner-Mount for West Ham so would be inclined to pick Havertz-Giroud-Ziyech for Brighton and fully rotate

Rotate, & use impact subs on Tuesday

Give them absolutely fack all chance of scoring, see them off 3-0

Job done

Our two injuries...

Mateo Kovacic Thigh Injury Apr 13: "I was very sad yesterday to see him after 20 mins in training to have this little muscle injury more or less out of nothing. He felt his hamstring. So he is for sure out of the game vs City." 20/04/2021 Currently Being Assessed 25%

Andreas Christensen Thigh Injury Tight Hamstring 20/04/2021 Currently Being Assessed 25%

Doesn't mention Silva...probs not playing tuesday

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
Doesn't mention Silva...probs not playing tuesday
I think that was before yesterday. I read it before anyhow.

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I am wondering about whether we will stick with 343 next season- I wasn't aware of it as a Tuchel preference so initially assumed we would go 4 at the back next year and this would would temporary. But I actually really like how we play in this summer.

Also, thinking of the transfer window. If we go back to 4231/433 we probably need to buy a new CB, CM and a striker.

If we stick with this system, I think we are just a world class striker short of competing for the league.

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

* this summer - this system

Damn phone

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Watching arsenal is like watching paint dry... but at least with dry paint you get a finish...

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by NPEEE (U22521)

I imagine if will depend on our squad for next season. Giroud and Abraham hardly getting a look in under TT. Is that because he doesn't think the individuals players are good enough and hd will but a striker who is,or is he moving away from our traditional lone striker role?