Burnley 0-1 Tottenham - LIVE Match Thread

comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by Christopher (U20930)
comment by Sem (U9729)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Christopher (U20930)
comment by Sem (U9729)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Christopher (U20930)
comment by Spurtle (U1608)
posted less than a minute ago
It's starting to look like a failure that we didn't sell Kane and try to replenish the money into the squad, truth be told.
Not really
How so?
Because replacing harry Kane with a worse striker and signing another centre back would not have improved us
I think its arguable that a player of lesser quality but more hunger and desire would be more valuable to our team than Kane is currently showing
They'd be in the exact situation he's in right now - playing in a team that creates nothing at all
I obviously meant more players being brought in than just a kane replacement

You'd mentioned centre backs as well, I thought it was a given that we included other players in that

I was referencing the Kane point
My comment was written under the assumption that more players would be brought in - with Nuno we would still not create anything

posted on 16/9/21

Wolves were such a good watch when they won the Championship. It's weird that he's become more defensive with every season since

comment by Sem (U9729)

posted on 16/9/21

The players we were linked with were all under the £70m mark if you include Martinez

Without Martinez, they were around £40-£50m

With that being said, if we sold Kane and brought in another striker up to the value of £45m (Vlahovic was heavily linked so I will just use him as a reference point rather than my desire to bring him in)

Then would have North of £50m to bring in very good players in a couple of other positions, or 1 very good player in a creative midfield option

posted on 16/9/21

And we would still create nothing.

comment by Sem (U9729)

posted on 16/9/21

comment by Christopher (U20930)
comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by Christopher (U20930)
comment by Sem (U9729)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Christopher (U20930)
comment by Sem (U9729)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Christopher (U20930)
comment by Spurtle (U1608)
posted less than a minute ago
Not really
How so?
I obviously meant more players being brought in than just a kane replacement

I was referencing the Kane point
Re Nuno...

Last season aside, I was under the impression he was not THAT defensive with Wolves.

Last season I would've happily given him a pass as he lost Jimenez and Jota and Doherty

I appreciate Doherty has been gash for us but he worked well for them and contributed to what I believed was a well balanced and fairly attacking team

Again, I stand to be corrected but Last season as an outsider, I thought was a one off?

posted on 16/9/21

His first season with wolves was the one off.

comment by Sem (U9729)

posted on 16/9/21

comment by Christopher (U20930)
His first season with wolves was the one off.
Its very difficult to discuss and debate with yourself and Henry when all you get is these short sentences in response

I'll leave it there mate, have a good evening

comment by Sem (U9729)

comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by Christopher (U20930)
His first season with wolves was the one off.

I'll leave it there mate, have a good evening
Hengy*

posted on 16/9/21

comment by Christopher (U20930)
His first season with wolves was the one off.
Not really. Wolves were still a decent watch in the Prem. Particularly in their first season after being promoted. They weren't exactly prime Barca but they actually took on their opposition, even against the big sides. I seem to recall they had a brilliant record against the big teams in that first season when they finished 7th, and they had a solid base allowing their forward players and wing backs to get forward and create.

If anything, the common theme is that Nuno doesn't know how to build a team unless they're underdogs. As expectations rose at Wolves he retreated further and further into an ultra-defensive setup, because it seems he fears playing on the front foot when his team is the better side on paper and expected to dominate.

posted on 16/9/21

I think you're seeing the same thing but just not working as well - I don't think you're seeing a more pragmatic defensive set up

comment by Ace (U22467)

posted on 16/9/21

comment by Don_tottenham (U3372)
Chelsea will smash us. Lukaku is going to shaft our defence with a great big dild***
Bet he doesn’t need a dilldo mate.

posted on 16/9/21

comment by Christopher (U20930)
As in, the same as Wolves last season, or in previous seasons?

comment by Phenom (U20037)

I hate association football

comment by Phenom (U20037)

posted on 16/9/21

I reckon if England were any good at cricket I wouldn't have depression

posted on 16/9/21

Like basically the same ideas you've seen throughout his whole career

Like, people found the city game to be a decent watch but I don't think it was because we were noticeably more attacking than we have been in the rest of our games - we just did it better

posted on 19/9/21

Dele
Kane
Son

Tier 1🥇[Midas]

#ITK #THFC #COYS

posted on 19/9/21

If the above is true then gwan

comment by Phenom (U20037)

posted on 19/9/21

comment by LukaBrasi COYS #FreePalestine (U22178)
Lloris
Emerson
Dier
Romero
Reguilon
Højbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Dele
Kane
Son

Tier 1🥇[Midas]

#ITK #THFC #COYS

Could be true

comment by Phenom (U20037)

posted on 19/9/21

Mental game to do this tho, hopefully he sticks with this side for other matches throughout the season as if this gels arguably our strongest xi

posted on 19/9/21

Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Rodon Davies
Skipp Hojberg Winks
Dele Kane Gil

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 19/9/21

Potter doing well this season. I wonder if we should have looked at him?

posted on 19/9/21

comment by Troy'sTanguyTanganga (U6468)
Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Rodon Davies
Skipp Hojberg Winks
Dele Kane Gil

This team selection would be truly horrific!!!

posted on 19/9/21

comment by LukaBrasi COYS #FreePalestine (U22178)
Lloris
Emerson
Dier
Romero
Reguilon
Højbjerg
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Dele
Kane
Son

Tier 1🥇[Midas]

#ITK #THFC #COYS

Let’s hope that this is the team selected!!