These 204759 comments are related to an article called:

Live Election Day Thread

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Boris gets the corona

Why is it funny that someone has got a potentially deadly disease?

Are you so deranged that you want people to be infected if they differ politically from you?
I find it funny that the bloke who boasted about shaking hands with corona infected patients like it was nothing actually gets infected.

I don't like people who text while driving, doesn't mean I am going to laugh if they crash into a wall and end up in A & E.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Boris gets the corona

Why is it funny that someone has got a potentially deadly disease?

He also put us on lockdown

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Momo’s Goggles (U22339)
Hope Boris gets well soon. The last thing this country needs is our PM unable to do his job during this difficult time.

I can’t believe there are people actually laughing at this happening
Disagree with him politically but fook me don't wish ill or laugh he has a child on the way also.

posted on 27/3/20

Hopefully borris will be fine come this next week. No matter to laugh about and not good to wish Ill on people.

posted on 27/3/20

I could be mistaken, but from what I have read many of the people who end up in intensive care and potentially rely on ventilators start with mild symptoms - normally around day 10 it either goes away or morphs into something potentially lethal. So, I don't feel comfortable laughing at Boris Johnson's condition just because all he has now is a cough.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Momo’s Goggles (U22339)

I can’t believe there are people actually laughing at this happening
Laughing at those with Corona is another example of the kinder Labour approach that Jeremy talked of.

I don't know whos worse the idiots whose currently sit in the shadow cabinet or the clowns who voted for them.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Momo’s Goggles (U22339)

I can’t believe there are people actually laughing at this happening
Greenwood FC is a fecking tard, I expect sht like this from him.

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

The UK doesnt need a dead PM rn

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
I'm still not sure wether I have it or not it's been going on a while which makes it seem to me it's not just a cold.

The cough was always infrequent, the sore throat faded away, the headache still comes and goes on a daily basis and I get out of breath walking 30 metres

Considering I walk 18km a day in my job that last one is the significant symptom to me.

posted on 27/3/20

It was always quite likely that Boris would catch it given he refused to self isolate after coming into contact with an MP with symptoms, continuing shaking hands after being recommended not to, telling people to social distance whilst stood next to 2 people in a backed room etc.

Jess Brammar, Huffington Post:

Can we just take a moment on a human level to think about his pregnant girlfriend? Having a partner with symptoms when you are pregnant must be really scary.

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Boris gets the corona

Why is it funny that someone has got a potentially deadly disease?

No, but there's a sense of justice in your example

Which I can sort of see with Johnson and the government at large not taking this seriously enough

"I was shaking hands with sufferers and still go about my normal life"

"take it on the chin"

"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

Before they changed to:

"many lived ones may die early" and some somewhat dithering choices made since..

Largely since "many loved ones may die" the response has been acceptable, if a bit slow.

The response before was appalling and meant we left things too late, so there's a sense of justice that it's not just poor people at risk now, but i seriously hope the buffoon pulls through.

posted on 27/3/20

Sorry to hear about your breathing problems Insert.

However, I do not think this is some kind of karmic justice for Boris Johnson.

It is not especially clear to me our approach was wrong, and I think people are, generally, speaking with far too much certainty about a virus no one knew anything about three months ago. I think the social distancing measures are our best option for the time being, but I have a lot of doubts about it nevertheless. This is not an easy situation.

Also, I don't buy into the idea, for even one second, that the Prime Minister, or that conservatives and Tories in general, do not care about poor people. It's drivel. Total nonsense said by reheated Momentum idiots. So, I don't accept the "Ha, now he knows how they feel" crap you are trying to intellectualise.

Bored of politically partisan moralising.

posted on 27/3/20

"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

^ No one said that. Someone summarised that as Cummings' outlook - but none of us were there, and pretending that's a direct quote is deliberately misleading.

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

It’s exactly the sort of thing that piece of shiiit would say.

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

It’s exactly the sort of thing that piece of shiiit would say.

Therefore he said it?

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

It was the takeaway of several attendees. Are we not allowed subtext anymore because I see it used all the time here while people argue.

As for your other post it just descended in to insults so I will ignore it entirely. No time for that stuff at the moment

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

It’s exactly the sort of thing that piece of shiiit would say.

Therefore he said it?
I’d say it’s more likely he did than it being made up. The man is a complete scuuumbag caaant.

Jess Brammar, Huffington Post:

What are you some kind of Tory plant. Hahaha fack Boris, our attitude will surely win us the next election!

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

It’s exactly the sort of thing that piece of shiiit would say.

Therefore he said it?
I think it's a subtext thing, and I think it's fine to acknowledge the takeaway of multiple attendees.

Given his various stunts i think defence of him is on a purely partisan basis.

Which is being used to shut down any criticism of a government who saw Italy and though "lets have that ++"

I imagine the chief editor of the lancet who is particularly scathing of government response to the data is probably extremely partisan too, but i imagine he would be better placed to comment on the going ons than anyone on the forum

posted on 27/3/20

comment by Insert random username (U10647)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

Whatever, you started the insults with your pathetic mealy mouthed attempt to suggest it was karmic justice for Boris Johnson to get a potentially lethal virus.

I expect better from you, it's a shame you can't even reach the low bar of basic human decency.

I also have no time for your usual insulting crap about conservatives not caring about poor people (who aren't some homogenous blob you can claim a patrician-sense of control over).

Despite more working class voters voting Conservative than Labour at the last election, and despite the vast majority in polls supporting the Government's approach, apparently Boris johnson needs to earn your great sense of moral empathy?

Grandstanding crap, as usual. TBAB was right. Why do I bother with you?

posted on 27/3/20

To be fair I hope Boris licked Ice Cream from Ian Duncan Smiths arm, he's a coont

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Insert random username (U10647)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
"if some pensioners die, that's okay"

Grandstanding crap, as usual. TBAB was right. Why do I bother with you?

Mate it's a lost cause half of them are typing away on twitter celebrating and wishing death on him.

Laughing at people getting a potentially fatal virus? Oh, dear. 🤦‍♂️😥 Repugnant

posted on 27/3/20

Though I have to admit I'm loving all the give it Rishi till the end of the season tweets.