These 203317 comments are related to an article called:

Live Election Day Thread

posted on 29/3/20

Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

Dr Jenny Harries, Deputy CMO, says the Government will reassess lockdown every three weeks for next three to six months

She says it's a 'moving target' - lockdown measures could end sooner if measures work

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Hector (U3606)
Genuinely interested in what it is that they refuse to learn?

From where I am, it looks like they are falling in popularity due to the rise in Nationalist support and the fact they stood with the Tories on the unionist platform, and as a result their well of talent is pretty shallow.

I would have thought Corbyns socialism and fairness would have appealed to Scots, but I guess his personal baggage put a lot of folk off.
Here’s the largest part of the answer: of the Scots who voted Labour in 2010 and yes in 2014, *82%* switched to the SNP in 2015.

Brutal.

posted on 29/3/20

BREAKING. Today's #Coronavirus #COVID19 figures in #Italy.

Hard to see some optimism in it, in my opinion.

• 73,880 actively infected (3,815 more than yesterday, when it was +3,651)

• 10,779 dead (+756. Yesterday +889)

• 13,030 recovered (+646. Yesterday +1,434)

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful
What else can be done though

posted on 29/3/20

comment by De Gea's Legs (U14210)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful
What else can be done though
Govt give everyone an emergency supply of weed. I’ll see out those 6 months no problem...

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
posted about a minute ago
comment by De Gea's Legs (U14210)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful
What else can be done though
I vote for baz

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Irishred (U2539)
comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
posted about a minute ago
comment by De Gea's Legs (U14210)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful
What else can be done though
I vote for baz
Exactly, if they provide that I guarantee I won’t go anywhere.

I won’t be able to....

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Hector (U3606)
Genuinely interested in what it is that they refuse to learn?

Initially he was very popular in Scotland but I think the way Labour just view Scottish Labour as a branch office rather than a separate entity gets to people. They get stuck between two mindsets; whether they should be anti-SNP or anti-Tory and often the two are irreconcilable.
Bizarrely I think that causes a split in Labour voters - those who are more anti-SNP than anti-Tory, and those who are more anti-Tory than anti-SNP. As the SNP are better at being anti-Tory than Labour are, they jump to the SNP and the same applies to those who are more anti-SNP - they become Tories.

Voting against free school meals because the SNP proposed it, then promising they'd introduce free school meals if elected. Stuff like that doesn't help either. Neither does the dearth of talent amongst their ranks.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

200 new cases and 10 deaths today in the republic
2615 total cases and 46 deaths in total
Peak expected on Easter weekend

posted on 29/3/20

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
comment by De Gea's Legs (U14210)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful
What else can be done though
We need to be told, sadly.

Great sunny day here and folk really are staying home now....although police out at beauty spots after crowds went to beaches etc yesterday..

Hunker down and beat this.

I am increasingly sceptical of this. Not to the point of changing my opinion, but I am increasingly uncertain.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 29/3/20

I am suspicious of the ICL report, especially as Neil Ferguson has adjusted his projections and predictions on a daily basis - and that there are contrary reports saying very different things.

I keep hearing the ghastly non-descriptive American term "lock-down" being used. Bet most people are unaware of its origins. It is used in US prisons to describe the process of locking people in their cells while the new convicts arrive. It is not a term I like associated with free countries and free people.

I am deeply suspicious of the significant increase in state power. I also think not enough people are factoring in the long-term pain, suffering and death caused by a global recession that could easily morph into a depression.

Too many people seem prepared to use it as a pretext for advocating socialism. Others revelling in state powered panics.

I remain deeply worried about vulnerable people close to me with underlying conditions but the unquestioning supine nature of people who were calling Boris Johnson a fascist three months ago - who now support the biggest power grab since the English Civil War - puts me on alert.

Not sure what I think in definitive terms, but I remain wary of a lot of the measures and responses so far.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 29/3/20

I really hate the phrase lockdown, and the simpletons using it unthinkingly.

Sam Freedman
@Samfr

Zoom is now valued at 50% more than all the US airlines put together.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
Sam Freedman
@Samfr

Zoom is now valued at 50% more than all the US airlines put together.
Zoom is awful.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

comment by Admin1 (U1)

posted on 29/3/20

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
comment by De Gea's Legs (U14210)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful
What else can be done though
We need to be told, sadly.

Hunker down and beat this.

I have my doubts too and fluctuate as I do on everything lol.

When I saw Italy a few weeks back I thought we were doomed...And part of me still does think this, but then you see actual stays of how many do not get it, or survive and Imperial College figures of 250-500 k dead appears too high.

We have added 38 percent of all UK coronavirus uk deaths in the past two days. I think a week from now we will be counting our blessings for the actions however late that the UK government have taken. .

Comment deleted by Site Moderator