Live Election Day Thread

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 29/3/20

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
No a dig at you Term, btw ♥️
Didn’t think it was! I’m with you to be honest, guess it comes with age.....

posted on 29/3/20

If there are signs of it going belly up then we need to flood the streets with police and military straight away, and with the maximum powers we can give them. People need to see at the onset they won’t get away with anything and nip it in the bud.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
posted 1 hour ago
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
comment by De Gea's Legs (U14210)
comment by Greenwood FC (U11781)
Could Britain be in lockdown for *six months* until late September?

Dr Jenny Harries, Deputy CMO, says the Government will reassess lockdown every three weeks for next three to six months

She says it's a 'moving target' - lockdown measures could end sooner if measures work

I can’t stay inside for 6 months it’s too painful
What else can be done though
We need to be told, sadly.

Great sunny day here and folk really are staying home now....although police out at beauty spots after crowds went to beaches etc yesterday..

Hunker down and beat this.

I am increasingly sceptical of this. Not to the point of changing my opinion, but I am increasingly uncertain.
Why? Seems pretty obvious to me. Stay away from other people and massively reduce your chance of infection....

I am not uncertain that avoiding people during a pandemic is effective. Instead I am uncertain this can be maintained, and how it can be phased out without a spike in cases. I also fear the long-term economic damage that could lead to more avoidable deaths, and the power grab by the government and police.

I can say this while accepting the pandemic is serious, that social distancing makes sense for now, and that I am deeply concerned about people close to me with underlying conditions. And people across the country, to be fair.
Ah right, can’t argue with any of that. I thought you were being specific to one point. The one thing that worries me more than anything is that people will quickly lose patience with these measures, and I can just see civil unrest coming into the equation.

I agree, it is a perfectly legitimate concern.

I should add I am worried about suicide rates, mental health, and also the physical health of the country after.

We are seeing already reports of more people buying alcohol, processed food and sugary drinks/desserts than usual.

And I cannot help but imagine that loneliness and isolation indoors will not lead to more people taking their own lives.

Lastly, the ridiculous state of our media - clamouring for a "lockdown" for weeks are now harassing government officials for not providing an end date.

FFS. Do these people have no sense of shame sometimes?

Madeline Grant, Telegraph.

Questions I would also like politicians/experts to consider:

How many businesses will collapse if lockdown (or semi-lockdown) persists for months?
How many will commit suicide?
How many will divorce, break up or be abused?
Fundamentally, what will be left to return to at the end?

^ These are valid, even if like me you listen to experts, who are telling us social distancing is crucial for the time being.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)

I don't disagree per se, but if there are violent clashes between citizens and the police I fear that could undermine public trust in the authorities forever.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 29/3/20

I’d bring the army in and I’d ban wAlks only allowed out at proscribed times for shopping and work if you are one of the “key” workers
Shoot coonts that are putting us all at risk

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)

I’d hope that if you put enough numbers on the streets early enough then the clashes would be minimised. I don’t think the numbers of dissenters would be that high initially, so should be able to cope with minimal force. Do nothing and it gives encouragement to those that usually wouldn’t do such things.....

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

comment by Admin1 (U1)

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
Shoot coonts that are putting us all at risk

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)

We will see, I guess.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
Shoot coonts that are putting us all at risk

Alright Daily Mail Man.

comment by Admin1 (U1)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
Shoot coonts that are putting us all at risk
Are they giant dill- do’s?

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
comment by Blue in the face (U22288)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)

We will see, I guess.
I hope we don’t 👍

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

comment by Admin1 (U1)
comment by Zachsda(change our mindset, treat this seriously) (U1850)
Shoot coonts that are putting us all at risk
I saw that the other day. Public floggings, but on
Internet. Sends a message and it's cheap entertainment content.

posted on 29/3/20

Exaggerating to prove a point
Luckily we in the west do not get things lime this so we have no real experience of death in this scale
We need to learn that it’s a few months hopefully to save as many of us as possible

Just seen Johnson on sky news. He looks fooked

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Irishred (U2539)
Just seen Johnson on sky news. He looks fooked
Looks like he walked up the stairs in the red Rd flats wi a fat burd on his shoulders