These 201967 comments are related to an article called:

Live Election Day Thread

posted on 29/3/20

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
Term, Zach, NPE.

To clarify, as a person who has just admitted fighting police, I usually back then and the army more so.

And I have not fought the man since 1997.

Different times and you guys were living in very different circumstances to us over here. I do have a fair idea what it was like for you all. I served over there twice, first time in 97 👍

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 29/3/20

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
Term.

Respect to you and the real soldiers.

The place I spoke of was Tigers Bay, north Belfast,, if you
patrolled that area.

Good mate lived there, and we were top loyalists lol but not the skum drug or hood kind.

It was weird, as a big blonde girlfriend had just dumped me, and I was in bits.....went to mates house for a beer and spliff, then ra mob from new lodge kick off and riot kicks off.

Ruc and army rush in so we fire Miller bottles at landrovers rushing in, and then soldiers bounce I house and we are like kids In school when faced with proper soldiers face to face lol

Fooking mental place

Apologies again if I hit you with a loyalist bottle of Miller.

Love how you describe those days.... I was in South Armagh, a different set of challenges to Belfast. We were in more fear of a snipers bullet than a miller bottle! Especially as a few weeks before we deployed, Stephen Restorick was killed in Bessbrook by a sniper on the same checkpoint I would spend a fair bit of time standing at.

Stolen from facebook:

I see Kate McCann has been asking us to stay in with our loved ones.. Kind of ironic, what if I fancy tapas?

comment by BB⁷ (U13430)

posted on 29/3/20

Please let this be true. It looks as though we have enough data on this virus to confidently say China are lying pieces of sheit. In the wreckage of all of this we have been gifted a once in a lifetime opportunity to free ourselves from the dependence on Chinese manufacturing. I really hope we take it.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Insert random username (U10647)
Stolen from facebook:

Really shouldn’t, but

posted on 29/3/20

comment by ttliv87 (U11882)

There needs to be some evidence before we commit huge numbers of their citizens to death.

Depression and famine are the reason these wet markets existed across Asia in the first place.

Aside from it being a punishment, we were decrying the lack of uk infrastructure for this product at the time of the procurement, and thats the real tragedy.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by ttliv87 (U11882)

I’d rather it not be true tbh, otherwise any optimism we may have about keep casualty numbers down could now be destroyed.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
comment by ttliv87 (U11882)

Not necessarily, they never had a general lockdown, just in the region affected.

More than possible they had outbreaks at other locations. It's a continent sized country, with an appropriately sized population.

comment by Scouse (U9675)

posted on 29/3/20

Never mind Huawei, they are building a nuclear power station here FFS.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Scouse (U9675)
Never mind Huawei, they are building a nuclear power station here FFS.
From what I have been reading there has been no backdoor discovered in the Chinese tech yet, apparently the American firms have them though,.

I wonder how much anti Chinese sentiment we read is American propoganda

And how much anti American sentiment we read is Chinese propoganda.

comment by BB⁷ (U13430)

Insert

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
comment by ttliv87 (U11882)

Pretty shameful that certain people are so steeped in their racism that they'd rather hundreds of thousands die than be wrong about foreigners.

posted on 29/3/20

comment by Drunken Hobo (U7360)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
comment by ttliv87 (U11882)

Err, hundreds of thousands of missed cases means the fatality rate would be much lower. Its kind of sad that people purposely muddle the Chinese government and the Chinese people so that they can label all criticism of the Chinese government as racist.

posted on 30/3/20

Yep.

Also the Trump Derangement Syndrome of “if Trump said it, I must say the opposite”.

posted on 30/3/20

Sup nonessentials

Your mum came into my workplace today

I made her wear a mask so I wouldn't have to see her face

posted on 30/3/20

comment by ttliv87 (U11882)
comment by Drunken Hobo (U7360)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
comment by ttliv87 (U11882)

But if they’re outright lying about the number of cases, could they not also be lying about the number of deaths?

posted on 30/3/20

posted on 30/3/20

solution is MASKS for everyone

posted on 30/3/20

data now suggesting >80% of those infected are asymptomatic

reason why some ppl (even young, healthy pp) go on to develop severe disease

high level of inoculation ....infected with a high viral load

this can be stopped by wearing a mask

even a home made mask , like covering your mouth and nose with a scarf is alot better than nothing

posted on 30/3/20

Peks, do you own stock in a mask production company?

comment by Dave (U11711)