Live Election Day Thread

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Black Hawk (U16342)
I prefer RnB to Hip Hop and rap.

I would much prefer to listen to someone like Frank Ocean who is miles better than Kanye.
Not a fan at all of r&b, but I’d take it over most of kabye’s output...

posted 4 weeks ago

Faith Evans' voice is heaven.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
posted about a minute ago
comment by Black Hawk (U16342)
I prefer RnB to Hip Hop and rap.

Not a fan at all of r&b, but I’d take it over most of kabye’s output...
Not all of it is good, but this past decade has been probably the best it ever has been.

Estelle

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by * and Obelix - Super Duper World Euro Champ19ns (U1282)
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
Tamwolf.

You are not racist in my world, but white folk cannot Ever use N word.....even in singalong

Word.

I hear ya

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Just Shoot (U10408)

Faith Evans' voice is heaven.
MC Ride's voice is heaven

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Just Shoot (U10408)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
The best Hip Hop/Gangster Rap album is 2001 by Dre and it will never be beaten. Don't take my word for it give it a listen.

Kanye West would kill to get anywhere close.
N.W.A. Straight outta Compton.

LL Cool J's Mama said knock you out is great though.
Love ma pc pop.

West Coast or East Coast?

Ching ching

Obelix.

You ok wi whitey using N word?

In song or otherwise?

To clarify your laughing mug

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
comment by * and Obelix - Super Duper World Euro Champ19ns (U1282)
comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
comment by * and Obelix - Super Duper World Euro Champ19ns (U1282)
posted 3 minutes a
Kanye West is responsible for some of the worst Rap and Hip hop tracks ever made IMO but yeah, I also think he's a bit overrated.
Fixed that for you. He’s got sweet fa on the likes of Pete roc, public enemy or nas’s early stuff Got about 2 half decent songs. He’s nothing special at all.
Sounds like you're a bit old school so your opinion makes sense. Critically speaking, tracks like Diamonds from Sierra Leone and All of the lights are accepted as some of the best ever and I don't see many people disputing that very often.
Not old school, I just much prefer the production of Pete roc and DJ shadow (listen to drums of death part 1) to Kanye regurgitating crap like that song he sampled daft punk. He might as well have just realessed the original daft punk song it was so unoriginal

Go and listen to something like massive attacks mezzanine to see what happens when you genuinely have talent, unlike Kanye, who to be fair knows his way round a music studio
Ahh ffs am out.

Daddy dancer lol

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Black Hawk (U16342)
comment by Ole-Dirty-Baztard (U19119)
posted about a minute ago
comment by Black Hawk (U16342)
I prefer RnB to Hip Hop and rap.

Not a fan at all of r&b, but I’d take it over most of kabye’s output...
I have heard a lot of good things about frank ocean, never really listened to his stuff though. Maybe I’ll have a look.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

Kanye West would kill to get anywhere close.
Nah several albums smash that. It’s a very good album but there’s quite a bit better.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Blue in the face ⚽️ (U22288)
comment by * and Obelix - Super Duper World Euro Champ19ns (U1282)
comment by Blue in the face ⚽️ (U22288)
On Kanye -

Generally speaking, most polls suggest that "African Americans" (hate that phrase) are more socially conservative than white Americans and are much more likely to be opposed to abortion.

Worth noting Obama did not support equal marriage in 2008 not just because it was a relatively fringe position, but also because it was felt by his team that it would jeopardise his solid support with black Americans during the Democratic primary.

I do not wish to labour on this too much, but it is highly likely that Pete Buttigieg's incredibly low level of support among black Americans was partially down to the fact he was gay.
Gay candidates face the same problem regardless of colour. There's a lot of evangelicals who can never side with a gay person too

Fair rebuttal - I never said there were not white evangelicals.But polling generally shows white people are the least homophobic.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It was no rebuttal just an addition mate. And the science behind that allegation is flimsy IMO. Maybe it was the case many years ago but in modern times the difference in support for gay people is statistically negligible.

The major difference is religious belief. That's where the divergence is most evident.

My point is that a gay candidate would struggle to get support regardless of skin colour and that shows a level of immaturity tbh. How many candidates have been openly gay? It hardly ever happens. Pete was a once in a blue moon.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
Obelix.

You ok wi whitey using N word?

In song or otherwise?

To clarify your laughing mug
Your comment was genuinely funny mate. I'm not an authority on whether its OK. I don't know why you ask me if its ok. What does it matter what I think?

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Sat Nav (U18243)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

Kanye West would kill to get anywhere close.
I was walking my hound through the local park the other day and there was a group of teenagers smoking, drinking and banging out tunes with no social distancing on display.

Bunch of scrotes I thought to myself until I got a bit closer and realised they were listening to Louder than a Bomb by Public Enemy. Maybe theres hope for them yet?

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Sat Nav (U18243)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)

Kanye West would kill to get anywhere close.
None of kanye’s do

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
Tamwolf.

Give it a rest TBAB. You don't have to turn everything into a race war.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Tamwolf (U17286)
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
Tamwolf.

Give it a rest TBAB. You don't have to turn everything into a race war.
😂

Kanye music is class

Hes just a bit mental

posted 4 weeks ago

Kanye looks too much like a hamster.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Just Shoot (U10408)
Kanye looks too much like a hamster.
Never saw the appeal tbh. US version of Mark Morrison.

posted 4 weeks ago

comment by Tamwolf (U17286)
comment by thebluebellsarablue (U9292)
Tamwolf.

Give it a rest TBAB. You don't have to turn everything into a race war.
Well, he’s done the religious war part. This is level 2....

posted 4 weeks ago

There's a lot of evangelicals who can never side with a gay person too

I should be more tolerant, but I cannot take people who have so much strength in belief in something so obviously flawed’s opinions seriously.

Lirtally about the last people I’d trust to have anything sensible to say about anything are religious zealots

posted 4 weeks ago

I don't believe in God, but I increasingly consider myself Christian. It isn't really a choice, I just find it close to impossible to separate Western concepts of morality from its religious heritage.

posted 4 weeks ago

Dominion by Tom Holland, very much influenced changed my perspective on this.

comment by Hector (U3606)

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

comment by Blue in the face ⚽️ (U22288)
posted about 7 hours ago
Christianity has been the one constant in thousands of years of history, if God is with you how can you lose? Of course its influenced our heritage.
The morality of its institutions though, probably best described as flexible.