The Movies and TV shows club

comment by RtM (U1097)

posted on 23/10/20

Or something to that extent

posted on 23/10/20

comment by Cobra Kai Havertz (U1097)
I've already made my opinion of Dunkirk clear to NPE. I was informed I know nothing of film and should watch mushrooms grow on a time lapse video as thats the extent of my capacity for film.
so did you watch there will be blood?

comment by RtM (U1097)

posted on 23/10/20

Yeah I did. Love it. Probably one ill only watch maybe 2-3 times in my life tho.

Disagree completely that PTA is one of the greatest directors ever. Same goes for Nolan.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

comment by RtM (U1097)

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 23/10/20

comment by NPE - “relentless” (U22288)
You also, if Oscar is right, watch a lot of hentai.

comment by RtM (U1097)

posted on 23/10/20

"If Oscar is right" should be your first clue.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

comment by Mike (U1170)

Brooklyn 99, any good?

comment by Mike (U1170)
Brooklyn 99, any good?
Yeah I like it, plenty of laughs, good characters. Very easy light hearted viewing for the most part

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

comment by Mike (U1170)
Brooklyn 99, any good?

Yeah it's pretty decent Mike.

Can be a bit repetitive at times and I don't like to binge watch it as it grates after a bit or some characters do. But in bits it's really good.

Just to add I like some shows but not of they are prolonged. So as a student in used to watch bottom every week without fail. A mate bought a dvd of the show and tbh after about 45 minutes to an hour I could have happily turned it off

posted on 23/10/20

comment by NPE - “relentless” (U22288)
comment by Ole-dirty-baztard - Poch In.......................the job centre (U19119)
comment by NPE - “relentless” (U22288)
posted 1 second ago
comment by NPE - “relentless” (U22288)
comment by Hector (U3606)
posted 2 days, 9 hours ago
comment by NPE - “douche in generel” (U22288)
posted about 16 hours ago
comment by Mike (U1170)
Gonna watch ‘Drive’ tonight with Gosling, not seen it before and I don’t really know why. Any good?

I love that movie, but not everyone does.

I won't spoil anything - aside from pointing out a woman tried to sue the film production company because the movie included insufficient levels of driving.

Wish id dobe that with There will be blood
I hate that film. So pointless

Bizarre take, it is a masterpiece
It’s really, really boring and very little happens. Hate it, never want to see it again

I think it is one of the most enthralling movies I have ever seen, it has so much to say, and the opening scene in the pit mine is perfect.
So dull I can’t even remember half of it

That explains your lack of understanding about it. A completely gripping movie. PTA is one of the greatest directors in the history of cinema.
Look out... difference of opinion alert

posted on 23/10/20

Watched The long good Friday today...quite dated...but still good...that car ending was exactly the same as The Gentlemen as I thought

posted on 23/10/20

comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
comment by Mike (U1170)
Brooklyn 99, any good?

Yeah it's pretty decent Mike.

I did about 7 minutes

comment by Pun (U21588)

posted on 23/10/20

comment by Sheriff JW Pepper (U1007)
comment by Jinja Ninja (U19849)
comment by Mike (U1170)
Brooklyn 99, any good?

Yeah it's pretty decent Mike.

I did about 7 minutes
Wish I could last 7 minutes

comment by RtM (U1097)

So does your missus

comment by Pun (U21588)

posted on 23/10/20

That's what I was getting at

posted on 24/10/20

She did mention it...

posted on 24/10/20

Pun, you’re all good. VAR checked it, the timer hadn’t started, 18:27 seconds my guy

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 24/10/20

Oh theres a netflix series about Arminius and Teutoburg Forest

posted on 24/10/20

What's that Blarms ?

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 24/10/20

Barbarians

I have watched it yet. Got like a 7.6 on IMDB so assuming it isnt complete trash

Arminius and the fall of Germania is an under promoted part of Roman history because it plays into German nationalism

posted on 24/10/20

Ok I'll have look for that. I watched Roman Empire on Netflix. Thought it was excellent. And you get the real story of Commodus from Gladiator.