The Chelsea Chinwag

posted on 16/1/19

I just tag along to the occasional away trip . . .

posted on 16/1/19

So your sis is the hard core one then!

posted on 16/1/19

She is !! I've been going to the away grounds for <mumble> years and only do the away trips if I've never been before, or in the case of Chelsea for many years. Plus it will be a good day out. On away days sis goes to the match and I usually go to see my Mum who is in a nursing home. We listen to the match commentary if she lets me.

posted on 16/1/19

We really wanted Arsenal as we have never been to the Emirates . . . . (only kidding).

7 seater - plenty of room for Ma Kitty as well

posted on 16/1/19

comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)
We really wanted Arsenal as we have never been to the Emirates . . . .(only kidding).

We don't mention that place in this saloon

posted on 16/1/19

She and my Dad (RIP) used to go. They had season tickets for years. I wish we could take her . . .

posted on 16/1/19

comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)

We don't mention that place in this saloon

A bit like Pig Lane . . .

hell-o

posted on 16/1/19

comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)
comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)
posted less than a minute ago
comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)

We don't mention that place in this saloon

A bit like Pig Lane . . .

That was the only place I ever got arrested after a football match as a 17 year old (about 76) after a Friday night game!

Mistaken identity!

I was never charged!!

posted on 16/1/19

It was in that pub that used to be the other side of the Island opposite the train station!

And it wasn't for underage drinking!

posted on 16/1/19

You told them that you wear a black suit whilst on duty ?

posted on 16/1/19

comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)

And it wasn't for underage drinking!

Howard Hotel.

posted on 16/1/19

What year was your last visit Kitty?

posted on 16/1/19

I can't remember the name and I don't think it's there any longer but it was directly opposite the station.

I'll tell you the full story if we meet up on the 27th!

Got locked up till 4 in the morning!

1969

posted on 16/1/19

comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)

I'll tell you the full story if we meet up on the 27th!

Got locked up till 4 in the morning!

I wonder if Mr Kitty was involved in the incident!

posted on 16/1/19

Crikey !! I think it was probably a cup match in Feb 1994. I don't think I've been since then

We won 3-1

posted on 16/1/19

comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)
posted about a minute ago
comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)

I'll tell you the full story if we meet up on the 27th!

Got locked up till 4 in the morning!

I wonder if Mr Kitty was involved in the incident!

Possibly, he WAS a bit of a lad in them days. I may not have known him then.

posted on 16/1/19

comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)

We won 3-1
January 1994 drew 1-1 won replay 3-1. Bad memory these days.

posted on 16/1/19

comment by The Owl 🦉 & hELLo Kitty (U1750)

We won 3-1

I think we won the FA Cup game 3-1, after a replay, but we lost to you in the league 3-1 a few weeks later!

posted on 16/1/19

So you only saw the old ground before the development. Very different now.

posted on 16/1/19

Yes - I've not seen it since it was developed. I've never been when Wednesday were in the PL which is why I am coming to the cup tie. Might never get another chance