Rodgers to sign new contract with Leicester

comment by Gaffer (U6283)

posted on 5/12/19

but but but I thought he was going to arsenal

posted on 5/12/19

I know he can get stick at times, but Jon Rudkin’s strategy of protecting the club’s investments has really paid dividends in the longer term. This appears to be a continuation of that.

posted on 5/12/19

comment by The_Dungeon_Master (U4830)
It’s a decision that would likely be way above Rudkins head, although not saying he hasn’t driven it. We don’t really know. Technically Rodgers reports into Rudkin but I would imagine Top and Whelan have been big factors in this

posted on 5/12/19

And before people start saying I don’t give Rudkin any credit - his £25m deal for Kelechi Iheanacho is starting to look like a bargain

posted on 5/12/19

comment by Gaffer Pranks 100k Baby (U6283)
but but but I thought he was going to arsenal

Another Leicester talent rejects the gunners

posted on 5/12/19

Well, whoever’s doing it (likely Rudkin or Whelan imo), I’ve been impressed with the long contracts we have our young, talented players on. Really makes us difficult and expensive to plunder when the time comes - and it will pretty soon.

posted on 5/12/19

comment by The_Dungeon_Master (U4830)
The contracts are players are on are absolutely down to Rudkin. In all fairness to him he has learned a very hard lesson after the Kante release clause scenario!

comment by Jobyfox (U4183)

posted on 5/12/19

But we’ve been warned he’s a 1 or 2 season wonder. This could cost us at the end of the 20/21 season.

Even Arsenal won’t want him after sacking Pardew.

posted on 6/12/19

comment by Black Starr (U12353)

Lol!

I agree with the sentiments written around protecting our assets. But the fact they are willing to sign deals shows you how happy they are at the club. That has to come first so credit for creating an environment people want to work.

As for manager deals, I never understand why it’s such a thing to offer the most important person in the playing staff a big deal. We wouldn’t think twice offering that to a player so why not the man in charge of running them.

No denying Rodgers is doing a brilliant job, and is worthy of a deal if he then sees through 2 seasons of it.

After all these amazing, brilliant, wonderful times as a leicester fan, does anyone else ever wonder....

.... I wonder where Johngee is these days and who he supports? 😂

posted on 6/12/19

Are contracts worth much these days in terms of loyalty ?

.... I wonder where Johngee is these days and who he supports? 😂

Oh yeah, i remember him. What an absolute noob head he was

John Gee

Nevs ultimate bromance

posted on 6/12/19

Cal Neva - No, but they’re worth something in terms of money and compensation. Nobody believes this action ties him to the club forever, but it does help the club to protect an asset and force others to pay through the nose if they want it for themselves.

comment by Jobyfox (U4183)

posted on 6/12/19

comment by Merseysidefox (U4842)
comment by Black Starr (U12353)

Lol!

.... I wonder where Johngee is these days and who he supports? 😂

Enjoy:

What I love about that thread is Nev defending him

posted on 6/12/19

Think I might have laid into him a bit in there.

Grimsby not Guardiola

Pretentious Pr!ck

comment by Jobyfox (U4183)

posted on 6/12/19

comment by The_Dungeon_Master (U4830)
Think I might have laid into him a bit in there.
I loved it Dunge - you definitely weren't on the fence in there.

posted on 6/12/19

Just imagine what I would have done if he'd given someone a rating of 6.5.

posted on 6/12/19

The only time I’ve seen Dunge remotely angry. Its like JG had defecated on his Andy King poster

Absolutely brilliant Joby. Brilliant 😂

posted on 6/12/19

Posters, Black Starr. Plural.

comment by Jobyfox (U4183)

posted on 6/12/19

comment by Merseysidefox (U4842)
Absolutely brilliant Joby. Brilliant 😂

Just read some of those comments again.

Mersey:
“John. Sorry, but you are everything h that is wrong with society in my opinion.”

Really?

Me too Joby.

Hilarious.

Dungeons “coward” statement a highlight followed by Joby getting involved with this nugget:

“You had a few people on here fooled as you manage to be reasonably articulate, which disguises the fact that the content, more often than not, is straight out of your backside.”

😂😂

My comment around JG’s selfish approach to supporting a football club caring only about what is right for him rather than the whole club is very relevant to politics today. So yes, he still encapsulates everything wrong with society 😂.

Signed: