Terry Jones Monty Python RIP

A man of many talents.

Ah no.

What a wonderful talent he was

RIP Terry, or should I say "Mrs Scuuum"

comment by Pun (U21588)

posted on 22/1/20

Fellow Python Sir Michael Palin said: "Terry was one of my closest, most valued friends. He was kind, generous, supportive and passionate about living life to the full.

"He was far more than one of the funniest writer-performers of his generation, he was the complete Renaissance comedian - writer, director, presenter, historian, brilliant children's author, and the warmest, most wonderful company you could wish to have."

posted on 22/1/20

Very sad news. I was only watching some classic Python clips the other night.

posted on 22/1/20

This is sad news. Apparently he was unable to speak since early 2017.

Love Monty Python. Life of Brian is my favourite

posted on 22/1/20

comment by palmers_spur (U8896)
This is sad news. Apparently he was unable to speak since early 2017.

Love Monty Python. Life of Brian is my favourite
He had a rare form of Alzheimer's which is a dreadful disease.

posted on 22/1/20

No one could recite Shakspeare lines at school but we could all quote Monty Python sketches.

Sad news indeed.

posted on 22/1/20

Every time I get breakfast out I'm tempted to order "eggs baked beans spam sausage and spam". Says a lot about how those lads influenced us.

posted on 22/1/20

He’s not the Messiah he is a very naughty boy.

RIP Terry.

A sad day indeed. Rip

Sad news.

posted on 22/1/20

Really sad news, hilarious man.

posted on 22/1/20

comment by Clockwork Red (U4892)
Very sad news. I was only watching some classic Python clips the other night.
Love life of Brian but actually prefer the holy grail

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 22/1/20

Love Monty Python. Very sad loss. RIP.

ooooh shame. rip.

hello, I wish to register a complaint

posted on 22/1/20

comment by Eric_the_red (U1122)
hello, I wish to register a complaint

Was that not Cleese? Jones might have done it as well.

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

posted on 22/1/20

comment by Clockwork Red (U4892)
comment by Eric_the_red (U1122)
hello, I wish to register a complaint

Was that not Cleese? Jones might have done it as well.
Cleese and Palin iirc.

posted on 22/1/20

comment by Cal Neva - Lisa For Leader (U11544)
comment by Clockwork Red (U4892)
comment by Eric_the_red (U1122)
hello, I wish to register a complaint

Was that not Cleese? Jones might have done it as well.
Cleese and Palin iirc.
Just being Monty Pyhony

None of the Pythons could play a female the way Terry Jones could
———————

He was brilliant at this - “as much gold as I could eat”

But he was also great as the “straight man”, like in the “nudge nudge, wink wink” sketch with Eric Idle.

posted on 23/1/20

comment by Cal Neva - Lisa For Leader (U11544)
posted 21 hours, 1 minute ago
comment by palmers_spur (U8896)
This is sad news. Apparently he was unable to speak since early 2017.

Love Monty Python. Life of Brian is my favourite
He had a rare form of Alzheimer's which is a dreadful disease.
“My frontal brain lobe has absconded" is how he put it himself.

Totally brilliant fella. He was also an internationally recognised scholar in Arthurian legend. His research on the matter is quoted in my Spanish uni books. At first I thought it was just a coincidence in name but no, it was actually him.

posted on 23/1/20

comment by it'sonlyagame (U6426)
comment by Cal Neva - Lisa For Leader (U11544)
posted 21 hours, 1 minute ago
comment by palmers_spur (U8896)
This is sad news. Apparently he was unable to speak since early 2017.

Love Monty Python. Life of Brian is my favourite
He had a rare form of Alzheimer's which is a dreadful disease.
“My frontal brain lobe has absconded" is how he put it himself.

Where is that like button ?