Fred

posted on 17/2/20

Becoming? HE IS a good player. Love the little fecker, just a shame he'll probably sit on the bench when all of our midfielders are available.

comment by RB&W (U21434)

posted on 17/2/20

Yes he is. He must be well coached at United.

posted on 17/2/20

I think he has been your second best player this season

posted on 17/2/20

Would not surprise me but then not sure Kung fu as he’s better than mctominay tbh. Pogba at best will be in and out of the game

posted on 17/2/20

I imagine it will be mctominay, Fred and Fernandes as I doubt we will see much of pogba at all

comment by Shugs (U14253)

posted on 17/2/20

comment by Kung Fu Cantona 🙏🏼 🇵🇸 (U18082)

I don't think he will tbh.... Suppose it depends on you know who and when he's available

I personally thought Fred was crap... And am pleased he's proving me wrong

He seems to play better in the big games... Which isn't a bad thing

comment by IAmMe (U18491)

posted on 17/2/20

There is no "becoming" about it.

He has been one of the few plus points since his arrival.

It's only the usual berks - that have zero comprehension of the game - that suggested otherwise

posted on 17/2/20

comment by Shugs (U14253)
comment by Kung Fu Cantona 🙏🏼 🇵🇸 (U18082)

I personally thought Fred was crap... And am pleased he's proving me wrong

He seems to play better in the big games... Which isn't a bad thing

If Pogba and Fernandes are both available then I'd prefer a rejuvenated Matic play for balance. Fred and McT, as much as I rate them, are more box to box.

posted on 17/2/20

comment by United we win (U19958)

He's due back in training tomorrow, he'll play again.

posted on 17/2/20

comment by IAmMe (U18491)
There is no "becoming" about it.

He has been one of the few plus points since his arrival.

So Fred has been in form since he arrived?

comment by Elvis (U7425)
comment by IAmMe (U18491)
There is no "becoming" about it.

He has been one of the few plus points since his arrival.

So Fred has been in form since he arrived?

First season was defo a shambles, he also didn't play most of it though because apparently Jose needed a new centre back before he could play...

posted on 17/2/20

Problem with Fred is he is shocking at shooting, passing and taking corners or freekicks. Don't get why people think he is doing well. Only thing I have seen him do better is winning the ball back.

No surprise when Fernandes took freekick and cornerkicks we look dangerous. Fred is main reason we have a shocking record from corner kicks this season. Honestly think he is the worst player technically we had in decades.

posted on 17/2/20

comment by Kung Fu Cantona 🙏🏼 🇵🇸 (U18082)
comment by Elvis (U7425)
comment by IAmMe (U18491)
There is no "becoming" about it.

He has been one of the few plus points since his arrival.

So Fred has been in form since he arrived?

I forgot about that gem.

posted on 17/2/20

comment by Posh Mufc Great Hafi Not Arrogant Just Better (U6578)

Maguire missing the target has been a problem from corners too.

comment by Benched (U7195)

posted on 17/2/20

comment by Posh Mufc Great Hafi Not Arrogant Just Better (U6578)

Fack me I actually agree with Hafi.

Fred is starting to remind me of Kante, great engine, reasonable strength for his size and always gets a toe in. Real toss up between him and McT when all are fit.

posted on 18/2/20

Agree with hafi on this
Admittedly i ve seen only the first half of last night.
He wins the ball back but his recycling is poor. Didn't realize how small he is. Next to bruno who js not too big himself, he seemed like a midget.
Even mason mount had better upper body strength

comment by Mike (U1170)

posted on 18/2/20

McT is definitely young enough to learn the positional side of playing DM and the discipline. He has all the other attributes, as well as the legs to be an improvement on Matic in that role. I think he should be given some games there in the ‘easier’ games. With Fred and Bruno in front.

posted on 18/2/20

It's not like Matic plays as a 100% DM anyway... Him and Fred both play deeper and either can push forward, when the chance arises.

Same when McT and Fred were forming a good partnership.

posted on 18/2/20

He's not becoming a good player, he is though no longer completely embarrassing.

posted on 18/2/20

Never doubted him.

Simply takes some longer to see things than others.