Admiral Shuts

It's alright we can just decant to another pub

It's alright we can just decant to another pub

We are barred everywhere else

posted on 16/3/20

The pub, restaurant, entertainment and club trade will be all but demolished if we are in lockdown for anything more than a couple of months.

posted on 16/3/20

Was out in the countryside with the dug today, as normal. Place was mobbed - looked more like a weekend.

posted on 16/3/20

comment by Gingernuts (U2992)

The UK or just JA?

posted on 16/3/20

I'm needing a haircut - is that considered essential? Figure I should go get it done before we go next step of only food and pharma to open?

comment by Silver (U6112)
Fack, just remembered, place I go is run by Iranians.

comment by Silver (U6112)
Fack, just remembered, place I go is run by Iranians.

You might be in for an open razor job.

posted on 16/3/20

comment by Gingernuts (U2992)
comment by Silver (U6112)
Fack, just remembered, place I go is run by Iranians.

You might be in for an open razor job.

Only job he gets these days when he pays for it

comment by Silver (U6112)
Go for a haircut during works time, when the boss says “what do you think you’re doing going for a haircut in works time”
Tell him “it grows in works time”

posted on 16/3/20

comment by Geoff Tipps (U1449)
comment by Silver (U6112)
Tell him “it grows in works time”

Your patter is top notch

posted on 16/3/20

Now if only some enterprising chap on here had the foresight to open up some kind of online hostelry.

posted on 16/3/20

Crazy times folks. The news just keeps getting worse from the governments.

I can't imagine this situation in weeks to come when you see what it's like now.

Be safe everyone.

I have to say, I wish there was some sport entertainment, such as the football games behind closed doors.

Maybe one of the country's not badly affected, such as Russia , watch their football games.

On another topic, have any of you got investment in the stock exchange? It's absolute carnage! I don't as it happens, but I fancy buying into it ( conservatively). It's uncharted territory though, these loses.

Hope you guys all keep safe and somehow normality returns. I am in Australia, and it's not too bad here at the moment, perhaps due to the heat and not being flu season. But it will increase here too now we are going into autumn. Also the economy will crash as this is a world impact.

Stay safe guys, we need good banter at these times.

posted on 16/3/20

The only thing I remember about that place is being absolutely sh¡t faced

comment by Miller (U9310)

posted on 17/3/20

Sad times. Fond memories indeed

posted on 17/3/20

Wont have been the first pub that I've closed

posted on 17/3/20

Feel the barmaid.

* for

posted on 17/3/20

Just in case there is any confusion, the Admiral tweeted this:

@TheAdmiralBar

Dear Patrons / Punters, in accordance with Government advice the Admiral is closing immediately this evening 16/03/20

We hope this will be a very short term measure , and are acting for the well being of staff and customers.
keep well The Admiral

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Blue Heaven (U20912)
Just in case there is any confusion, the Admiral tweeted this:

@TheAdmiralBar

keep well The Admiral

Simone has walked in with a sniffle.

I’m surprised they noticed.

comment by My POV (U10636)

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Gingernuts (U2992)
comment by Blue Heaven (U20912)
Just in case there is any confusion, the Admiral tweeted this:

@TheAdmiralBar

keep well The Admiral

Simone has walked in with a sniffle.

I’m surprised they noticed.
Maybe someone put a spell on her.

posted on 17/3/20

comment by G3r5fan Oz (U6067)
Crazy times folks. The news just keeps getting worse from the governments.

Be safe everyone.

Stay safe guys, we need good banter at these times.
👏👏👏 Agreed. Now tell us again that Rangers will win the league this season 😂😂😂

posted on 17/3/20

comment by Gingernuts (U2992)
comment by Blue Heaven (U20912)
Just in case there is any confusion, the Admiral tweeted this:

@TheAdmiralBar

keep well The Admiral

Simone has walked in with a sniffle.

I’m surprised they noticed.
The place has been riddled since mags was in