5 albums you recommend others to listen to.

posted on 8/4/20

What bass? Didn't notice one.

Led Zep II
The Doors - The Doors
The Velvet Underground & Nico
A New World Record - ELO
The Madcap Laughs - Syd Barrett

posted on 8/4/20

comment by RB&W 'The Judge' (U21434)
What bass? Didn't notice one.

😂 funny me mate that too

Green day ....dookie
Guns n roses...appetite for destruction
The cranberries....no need to argue
The doors....riders on the storm (not sure on album name?)
Aerosmith....permanent vacation

Stone Roses - Stone Roses
Pixies - Doo Little
Dr Dre - The Chronic
The Growlers - City Club
The Chemical Brothers - No Geography

👍

posted on 8/4/20

Becoming X was quite good.

posted on 8/4/20

Will try The Growlers as their Wiki page describes them as "surf rock" and I like the Beach Boys, so expecting similar...

posted on 8/4/20

the beatles - 1962-66 (the red album)
the crystal method - vegas
trembling blue stars - lips that taste of tears
white zombie - supersexy swinging sounds
bob marley - legend

bob marley - legend
====
If I were to push you for a non-greatest hits Marley album what would you go for?

For me it would be Exodus. The last 6 tracks especially.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by D'Jeezus Mackaroni (U1137)
Yeah there's a bit of difference between when the Beach Boys sound and The Growlers. Julian Casablancas produced this album which I think is superb. Open track is a blinder. 👍

posted on 8/4/20

Yeah, liked City Club and I'll Be Around. Vacant Lot and Night Ride not so much.

posted on 8/4/20

Wu Tang - 36 chambers! Fantastic album by the way. Have you seen the TV show yet? If not I highly recommend it, it's brilliant. They were supposedly working on series two, buy I guess not now with the pandemic. 👍

posted on 8/4/20

comment by D'Jeezus Mackaroni (U1137)

I thought the first 5-6 tunes were great. Loved vacant lot, really grungy.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by Going Loco Like Sissoko - SUPER EUROPEAN WORLD... (U10893)
Yeah, managed to watch it on a dodgy site. Doubt it will ever come over here.

1. Screamadelica - Primal Scream
2. Leftism - Leftfiled
3. Purple - Stone Temple Pilots
4. MTV Unplugged - Alice in Chains.
5. Fat Freddy's Drop - Special Edition vol 1

posted on 8/4/20

comment by D'Jeezus Mackaroni (U1137)
bob marley - legend
====

For me it would be Exodus. The last 6 tracks especially.

hmm.. studio album, between natty dread and exodus

live album... Babylon by bus

posted on 8/4/20

comment by D'Jeezus Mackaroni (U1137)
comment by Going Loco Like Sissoko - SUPER EUROPEAN WORLD... (U10893)
Yeah, managed to watch it on a dodgy site. Doubt it will ever come over here.
Shame if it doesn't because I think it would be popular. Hip hop is big enough over here for that to be a success. Do you like any of the solo stuff? Method Man is class of course, but I do like Raekwon and Redman's music also.

Melody AM - Röyksopp
Play - Moby
OK Computer - Radiohead
Screamadelica - Primal Scream
A Clockwork Orange - Original Soundtrack

posted on 8/4/20

I like all of the solo stuff

Only Built... is my favourite album of all time, Liquid Swords is great too. I'll even happily listen to U-God albums all day.

posted on 8/4/20

Moby getting quite a few nominations, not all the same album either. Never really caught my ear though. May have to try one.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by D'Jeezus Mackaroni (U1137)
Play is a great album. Tune on there called my weakness which I used to crank the volume up on and the bass would shake my room, very melodic and peaceful.

posted on 8/4/20

Liked the Growlers album. Wasn't expecting to, in all honesty. Upbeat and funky enough for me.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by der kloppites Hi, wie geht es dir (U13373)

Digging this chick at the minute 👍
She's fit I'd like to make a mess on her.

posted on 8/4/20

In no particular order and sorry couldn't keep to 5..

1) Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol2
2) Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
3) Eels - Electro Shock Blues
4) Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
5) Chicane - Far from the Madding Crowds
6) Turin Brakes - The Optimist LP
7) Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
8) Goldie - Timeless
9) Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing
10) Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation

Tried to pick albums that were not obvious and that work really well as albums from start to finish

posted on 8/4/20

Not coverted to the Moby fan club.
Going to give Goldie - Timeless a shot.