5 albums you recommend others to listen to.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by wolfieintheSunshineState (U16306)
DJ, I guess it all depends on the era we grew up in, but Sticky Fingers was one of the best albums the Rolling Stones did. I have the LP cover with the actual zip. ZZ Top's Eliminator was also one of my favorites.

Nice to go down memory lane.
Not quite my era Wolfie , but being from Dartford and going to the same school Mick did years before me, the Stones do get pushed a bit!

Listening to Sticky Fingers now, then will go to Exile... and Let it Bleed to make sure I made the right choice (I did )

posted on 8/4/20

comment by wolfieintheSunshineState (U16306)

Nice to go down memory lane.
Eliminator was a great album wolfie although my favourite ZZ Top track - rough Boy is on the Afterburner album

posted on 8/4/20

comment by jlou1978 (U15376)
OK Computer - Radiohead

Blonde On Blonde - Bob Dylan

Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie

Solid Air - John Martyn

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

And by next month, that list will probably change again. 😏

I actually checked out this thread to see if anyone would suggest Solid Air, first page and you didn’t disappoint.

Saw him live n Shepherd’s Bush, incredible.

posted on 8/4/20

For me it would be Exodus. The last 6 tracks especially.
----------
The first track of Exodus (Naural Mystic) is one of Marley's best song.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by GeminMallorca FOVAR (U18318)
comment by wolfieintheSunshineState (U16306)

Nice to go down memory lane.
Found that a lot when thinking of this, a lot if my favourite tracks by artists are not necessarily on my favourite album of theirs.

Mine:

Ben Harper - Live on Mars
Clapton - Unplugged
BB King - The thrill is gone
Massive Attack - Protection

posted on 8/4/20

My speaker in the kitchen randomly started playing B B King yesterday. Weird.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by D'Jeezus Mackaroni (U1137)
My speaker in the kitchen randomly started playing B B King yesterday. Weird.
I'm watching you

posted on 8/4/20

Vampire Weekend- Vampire Weekend (2008)

The Song Remains The Same - Led Zep

The Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd

Marbles (Double Album Version)- Marillion

Seconds Out - Genesis

Rumours - Fleetwood Mac

posted on 8/4/20

A fair few Led Zeppelin nominations. Not a band I have listened too much, bar the obvious songs.

DJ's

The album stated is their only live one I know of if you don't count Knebworth. It is an insight as to how truly great musicians perform great music.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by Vidicschin (U3584)
DJ's

A fella in work was at Knebworth and he said Chas & Dave were one of the support acts haha

posted on 8/4/20

I very much doubt anyone there went to see any of the support acts.

posted on 8/4/20

I would have gone solely for Chas and Dave. Greatest act band ever.
R.I.P. Mick Burt and Chas Hodges. The streets will never forget.

posted on 8/4/20

comment by Vidicschin (U3584)
I very much doubt anyone there went to see any of the support acts.
I know, he went there to see Led Zep. Chas & Dave were one of the support acts that’s all

posted on 8/4/20

comment by He’s our centre half! He’s our number 4! (U22158)
comment by Vidicschin (U3584)
DJ's

I was there as well for the first gig, we spent the whole day in the beer tent than endure such dross as Captain Beefheart, Southside Johnny and the Astbury Dukes, Commander Cody and Fairport Convention to name a few.

Only Todd Rundgren's Utopia were the only other worthwhile band who performed just before Zep.

The 2nd gig The New Barbarians were added to the line up after I'd got my ticket - was gutted.

Zep still remain the best band I've ever seen!

posted on 8/4/20

comment by Spurtle (U1608)
Is This It? - The Strokes

One of my favourite debut albums of all time!

Comment deleted by Site Moderator

I recommend Miike Snow

Julee Cruise - Floating into the night
The Pogues - If I should fall from grace with god
Pulp - Different Class
Divine Comedy - A secret history
R.E.M. - Document

comment by Icarium (U1097)

posted on 9/4/20

Satanic Panic in the Attic - of Montreal

Poison Season - Destroyer

Dead Cross - Dead Cross

The Universe Smiles Upon - Khruangbin

Black Lipstick - Chicano Batman

comment by Fat Uli (U8869)

posted on 9/4/20

b bumble and the stingers - nut rocker

pinky and perky - pinky and perkys party sing-song

portsmouth sinfonia - plays the popular classics

clive dunn - grandad

hank mizell - jungle rock

posted on 9/4/20

Digital Underground- S€x Packets

The Seahorses-Do It Yourself

ELO-Greatest Hits (Dad's influence)

posted on 9/4/20

And The Christians (Mum's influence)