Spfl talks breakdown!

That's a bit disappointing

I guess they have a lot going on with getting us going again mind you.

Would have been good to freshen things up even just a bit.

Same old stuff then for teams that survive.

posted on 8/5/20

Guess we are stuck with playing teams four times a season plus cups...that's exciting

comment by Timmy (U14278)

posted on 8/5/20

Chance at ten in a row though.

posted on 8/5/20

comment by I'm not as think as you drunk I am.......... (U2115)
From an ice hockey fan that's a bit rich.

posted on 8/5/20

comment by son of quebec (U8127)
comment by I'm not as think as you drunk I am.......... (U2115)
From an ice hockey fan that's a bit rich.

Fair point, but also genuinely a lot more exciting

posted on 8/5/20

comment by Cheesy (U14278)
Chance at ten in a row though.
Cos adding Inverness and retaining Hearts night have scuppered that opportunity?

posted on 8/5/20

comment by I'm not as think as you drunk I am.......Schizophrenia was my idea!.....No it wasn't!.....You are never alone with a Schizo :D (U2115)
With a 14 team league, how many times would we play clubs? I thought home and away to get to 26 games, then top 6 home and away again for 36 games, bottom 8 home and away again for 40 games (more games so more revenue to make up for only 1 trip from each old firm club). So for teams at top of SPFL wouldn’t be a change?

posted on 8/5/20

comment by bmcl1987 (U14177)
Also a fair point.....16 teams or more is the only way to reduce to twice

comment by Silver (U6112)

posted on 8/5/20

Fck playing on more plastic scheite.

comment by atheist (U2783)

posted on 8/5/20

comment by bmcl1987 (U14177)
Said this the last time reconstruction was on the agenda. Don't think there's any chance of playing each other twice due to the financial restraints imposed on us by the paymasters who want the 4 OF games.

posted on 8/5/20

Good we had a decent enough product as it was, and certainly Sky agreed with a record deal, so sorry Hearts gtf, your waste of time and money efforts to change it all up to save your horrible club from relegation has failed, good. Partick Thistle I do feel sorry for but no much we can do about it.

Hope Budge is sitting there in bits hatchet faced auld boot

posted on 8/5/20

The talks were only to try and appease the likes of Thistle and Hearts anyway.

posted on 8/5/20

comment by RenegadeOF (U9457)
The talks were only to try and appease the likes of Thistle and Hearts anyway.
Fvck 'em. They're a nice idea, but we can probably do without their dozens of fans.

posted on 8/5/20

Bigger fish to fry as mentioned in the statement.....like the small matter of saving Scottish football by getting fans safely back into grounds to help keep clubs solvent.

Now next item on the agenda give the Rangers dossier a boot in the haw maws whenever this fvcking EGM is held

posted on 8/5/20

I really don't understand the seeming reluctance to accept the 3x14 leagues. This setup would be more exciting, two teams relegated, two teams in the playoffs.

Can somone explain why they want to keep the 12-10-10..?

posted on 8/5/20

If Hearts get relegated I'm all for it, I've absolutely nae idea about the comings and goings of the rest of the whole shenanigans but despise Hearts, I may be sending a few texts and messages tonight to Jambos I know <laugh'>

I wouldn't mind only 2 Celtic Rangers games again though, I remember when it was like that and the build up was huge, now with cup ties there can be 6 and for me anyway that diluted it

comment by Silver (U6112)

posted on 8/5/20

How can it be more exciting to have a larger 'safe middle' playing for nothing?

posted on 8/5/20

"Van someone explain why they want to keep the 12-10-10"

Suspect there were strong disagreements among the group about whether any change would be a temporary measure or permanent.
Secondly I suspect they don't want to rush through a decision on changes to the structure and would prefer more time without the Corona pandemic weighing heavy on everyone's mind.

To be revisited no doubt

posted on 8/5/20

Fook Hearts and Stranraer, they backed Rangers without even seeing the dossier, desperate stuff and now their plan B is fooked, aye well play better, Hearts budget is 3rd or 4th in the league and they were utter schite for the most part, tough fooking tittiesss, they signed Boyce and could Hamilton or St Mirren have done that?

They can gtf, still only club that I have ever seen a fan attack a oppo manager live on TV utter horrible club, good fooking riddance.

posted on 8/5/20

comment by Zico 😎 (U21900)

Can somone explain why they want to keep the 12-10-10..?
As pointed out, its still four games a season, but only against the other top five, that at least should cut out a couple of trips to plastic pitches

comment by Silver (U6112)

posted on 8/5/20

Hearts are fooked if they can't sell Hickey who is their only significant asset. Haven't spoken to his old man since turn of year but he knew exactly the power he held.

posted on 8/5/20

Silver, Hickey must surely go now, do you think?

I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement but my Jambo mates rave about him

posted on 8/5/20

The shambles that is Hearts is of their own making, what did it take to get rid of Avril, ffs even after getting binned he still had a position at the club, much as this is a horrible image I reckon he was muffing her waffle at her behest, Kingpin style

posted on 8/5/20

Lex, even I have had few worse looking women than Budge?

That said, I probs still would?

But fck Hearts all ways possible