Pep vs Klopp

posted on 2/7/20

If you got money then Pep but if you need to do it organically then there is no better than Klopp.

posted on 2/7/20

comment by (K̇ash) I'm the Mané - PL Champione (U1108)

Probably fair. I'm not sure how anyone can say "the consistency of results isn’t there" with Klopp after the last couple of seasons

posted on 2/7/20

The best version of a pep team is better than the best version of a klopp team

Klopp can do more with less

posted on 2/7/20

'Klopp’s Heavy Metal football is good and all but I think the consistency of results isn’t there'
==================================
Man City have lost more games in their last 31, than Liverpool have in their last 107.
Over to you. 😂

posted on 2/7/20

Klopp has had the far harder jobs, its not even close really

posted on 2/7/20

comment by Clockwork Red (U4892)

comment by (K̇ash) I'm the Mané - PL Champione (U1108)

I’m taking his whole career.

3 league championships in a 19-year managerial career so far. Pep has 8 in 11 tries.

imagine not using context

posted on 2/7/20

comment by #LiquidGenius (U20571)
comment by Clockwork Red (U4892)

comment by (K̇ash) I'm the Mané - PL Champione (U1108)

I’m taking his whole career.

Yeah, he really put his reputation on the line with the jobs he took. 😂

posted on 2/7/20

comment by #LiquidGenius (U20571)
comment by Clockwork Red (U4892)

comment by (K̇ash) I'm the Mané - PL Champione (U1108)

I’m taking his whole career.

Pep has managed Barcelona, Bayern and Man City, Klopp has managed Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool.

posted on 2/7/20

if anything pep has underachieved for whats hes had.

posted on 2/7/20

Klopp all day long for me. Would have been perfect for us instead we had lvg and Mourinho disasters.

Pep is a brilliant manager but maybe the game is changing and teams are starting to adjust to his style. Happens to most managers eventually

Pep, no question.

- Highest win percentage as a manager in Barcelona's history.
- Highest win percentage as a manager in Bayern Munich's history
- Highest points ever achieved in the Premier League, probably the English top-flight.

Those are quite frankly, ridiculous achievements.

posted on 2/7/20

To be fair to Klopp I think he's adapted these last few seasons. They're not as good to watch, IMO, as they were in 2018 but they're far more effective. VVD and Allisson a big part of this of course.

Both great managers but I don't subscribe to the theory that Pep only does well because of the clubs he's at. There is a reason he's there and not in a lower club. I would like to see him join a 'smaller' club though to see how his methods would translate there.

posted on 2/7/20

Klopp-imo it's more impressive to progress a team from challengers to champions than just make a great team better.

If we were offered Klopp or Pep at Spurs I would definitely rather Klopp.

posted on 2/7/20

I think if you gave Pep this LFC team now he'd have them destroying teams but if he took over the LFC team Klopp did, with all it's problems and poor players, I don't think he'd be able to do what Klopp has.

posted on 2/7/20

comment by jlou1978 (U15376)
comment by #LiquidGenius (U20571)
comment by Clockwork Red (U4892)

comment by (K̇ash) I'm the Mané - PL Champione (U1108)

I’m taking his whole career.

Yeah, he really put his reputation on the line with the jobs he took. 😂

When he took over Barca in 2008, they were struggling.
Real had just beaten them 4-1 to clinch back-to-back Chips.

He definitely took a risk at that time and within 12 months they beat Real 2-6 on the same pitch.

posted on 2/7/20

comment by *Robbing Hoody - tell me I can't and I'll show you I can (U6374)
On a 10-15 million pound average net spend per season? Which is 17th highest in the prem currently?

posted on 2/7/20

comment by Everywhere you go always take Lamela with you. (U7905)

If we were offered Klopp or Pep at Spurs I would definitely rather Klopp.

Barca & City weren’t great teams when he took over. He made them dominant.

posted on 2/7/20

comment by Diafol Coch 77 - A Reputable Poster (U2462)

no doubt peps a great manager. but imho i feel klopp could outdo him at any team they went to.

posted on 2/7/20

comment by #LiquidGenius (U20571)
comment by Everywhere you go always take Lamela with you. (U7905)

If we were offered Klopp or Pep at Spurs I would definitely rather Klopp.

Barca & City weren’t great teams when he took over. He made them dominant.
no they were only really good teams with unlimited cash flow.

Back to back Chips

Is this more rubbish like clutch goals and apex wingers?

posted on 2/7/20

no they were only really good teams with unlimited cash flow.
————————————

Regardless of that, he achieved a level of dominance that hadn’t previously been achieved.

Barca winning the 1st Treble in Spanish history; Bayern breaking the record for biggest points margin of victory in Germany twice; City winning the 1st Domestic Treble in English history.

posted on 2/7/20

comment by Irishred (U2539)

Back to back Chips

Is this more rubbish like clutch goals and apex wingers?

Something like that

posted on 2/7/20

comment by #LiquidGenius (U20571)
comment by Irishred (U2539)

Back to back Chips

Is this more rubbish like clutch goals and apex wingers?

Something like that
Good man Liquid at least you are honest