Son

comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by MKspur ツ - The Fountain of Knowledge (U9129)
I think Kane is another one that gets harshly treated by our fans.
Really? I get the impression he gets an easier ride because he's 'one of our own'

it's always that he doesn't have much support
or he's knackered from having to track back
or he doesn't have any competition for places

never the fact that his touch has declined, he's selfish, his free-kicks are a facking travesty, he's not the quickest etc
Maybe true a year ago but now there’s certainly more fans on his back. I’d say probably more than who’s critical of son

comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by MKspur ツ - The Fountain of Knowledge (U9129)
I think Kane is another one that gets harshly treated by our fans.

it's always that he doesn't have much support
or he's knackered from having to track back
or he doesn't have any competition for places

Fountain of snowflakes will always defend our youth team players but I agree with the above 100%

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Kane's looked a lot better since the restart

He was kind of broken from all the injuries and never getting a rest but seems like the 6 months away was huge for him

Seems like he's back to playing every single minute though so this probably won't last long

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Son is the Spurs player I'd want over any other, closely followed by Kane.

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by Spurtle (U1608)
comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by LukaBrasi Average Team Fan (U22178)
comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by LukaBrasi Average Team Fan (U22178)
How anyone can give Son stick after he played with a broken arm and scored the winner against Villa in the last minute is beyond me. Some vile fans in our club but the majority are ok I guess.
i mean, that has absolutely no relevance to his form really
If anyone deserves stick it is Kane. He has been much worse that Son in terms of form but he is white so he gets a pass I guess.
I see what you're trying to do with the race thing but I sincerely hope people ignore it

regarding Kane, yes i absolutely agree, for me I have been extremely critical of Kane, not only since the restart but for hte last couple of seasons

his decision making and selfishness in situations where a better option of a cut back or simple pass would make more sense has been quite frustrating

I understand strikers have to be a little more selfish by nature, but the amount of goals we could have scored if he'd trusted his team mates a little more than himself would be higher than what we currently have
The poor decision making is a collective thing with all our forwards, not just Kane. Son had a chance to feed Kane last night but went for the selfish option. Moura often has times to release a ball before he runs into trouble. Same with Lamela.
oh no, don't get me wrong, I am VERY critical of our forwards, in particular Lamela and Moura

Whilst Moura had a good game against Arsenal last night, I generally hate seeing him and Lamela anywhere near our starting lineup

I have been very coal about both in previous posts and would jump at the opportunity to upgrade them

I was more so just mentioning Kane as his name was mentioned in LukaBras's post

Kane is a funny one because he can sway from being too selfish - desperation to get a goal hence taking free-kicks and going for goal when others are in better positions, to being too unselfish - dropping deep often to help the team out.

Personally I'd rather he fall more into the former camp so he can be the one to be in positions to score rather than so often being the one to set up players who aren't as good at scoring, to score. Although he needs to be banned from free-kick duty for the rest of his life.

Moura and Lamela strike me more as impact players who play better when they come off the bench instead of starting. Alaisdair Gold made a good observation about Moura that I agree with - he's good at going past the first or even second player, and then when it comes to the third he loses the ball.

Is Son the new Eriksen?

Miserable, a shadow of his former self and desperate to leave?

Bloody hope not!

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Absence seems to make our fans overrate our players. I remember when Lamela was missing with injury at the start of last season and people were saying how we missed him.

comment by Sem (U9729)

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Spurtle (U1608)
yeah, mental

i really cannot understand what supporters see him him

the only time I don't mind him in our starting line up is when we're playing City or someone like that where we need him to just foul as much as possible as high up the pitch without getting sent off

other than that, he drives me mental

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

I don't think Eriksen was underappreciated.

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Troy's Tanguy Tanganga of Tottenham (U6468)
I don't think Eriksen was underappreciated.
Exactly

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by Spurtle (U1608)
yeah, mental

i really cannot understand what supporters see him him

other than that, he drives me mental

He's only ever had patches of good form and even then with that form it's not like he is putting game changing performances together. Eriksen, Son, Alli, they've all had periods with us when they've been unplayable. That has never been the case with Lamela.

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

he gets an easier ride because he banged in goals for years, thats give him extra time of being poor before people get on his back

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Spurtle (U1608)
comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by Spurtle (U1608)
comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by LukaBrasi Average Team Fan (U22178)
comment by Sem (U9729)
comment by LukaBrasi Average Team Fan (U22178)
i mean, that has absolutely no relevance to his form really

I was more so just mentioning Kane as his name was mentioned in LukaBras's post

He's a good dribbler but a bad decision-maker

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Didn’t enjoy seeing the selfishness of Kane & Son yesterday when we went 2-1 up. Both had chances to put it on a plate for each other but instead went for the shot.

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

I think Kane is a shadow of the player he was 2/3 years ago.

He will always score goals (if he gets the service) because he's a very good finisher but when was the last time he grabbed an important game by the bollox like he did in the 5-3 win against Chelsea.

Whether its the injuries or a slight drop off in desire (maybe both) I don't know but he doesn't bust a gut to get on the end of keeper spills or crosses like he once did.

Still a good player but not a great one anymore.

Son yesterday:

1 goal
1 assist
0.6 expected goals (that's really good)
3 key passes
4 shot creating actions
2 successful dribbles
20 touches in the final third
4 touches in the penalty area
27 pressures

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Christopher - High Priest of The Church of Ndo... (U20930)
Son yesterday:

1 goal
1 assist
0.6 expected goals (that's really good)
3 key passes
4 shot creating actions
2 successful dribbles
20 touches in the final third
4 touches in the penalty area
27 pressures
#statattack

the people need to know

Harry Winks with a 98% pass completion rate

I love a good stat

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Christopher - High Priest of The Church of Ndombele (U20930)
the people need to know

Harry Winks with a 98% pass completion rate
yeah cool. but what does he actually do?

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Phenom (U20037)
comment by Christopher - High Priest of The Church of Ndombele (U20930)
the people need to know

Harry Winks with a 98% pass completion rate
yeah cool. but what does he actually do?
You'll love this one

Ben davies

dribbled past 4 times
0 tackles

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Christopher - High Priest of The Church of Ndombele (U20930)
comment by Phenom(U20037)
comment by Christopher - High Priest of The Church of Ndombele (U20930)
the people need to know

Harry Winks with a 98% pass completion rate
yeah cool. but what does he actually do?
You'll love this one

Ben davies

dribbled past 4 times
0 tackles

0 successful tackles anyway lol

comment by Edbo (U17933)

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

Kane or Son should be voted our POTS this season.

I'm amazed Kane has only won it once. He is taken for granted because of peoples expectations of him. He is held to a much higher standard.

Lo Celso will probably win it because he's been above average for a few months now and is a new player.

comment by Edbo (U17933)
Kane or Son should be voted our POTS this season.

because we had good teams when he was at his best. completely made tick by Eriksen one year who was exeptional and that year Toby transformed our defence.

posted 3 weeks, 2 days ago

comment by Christopher - High Priest of The Church of Ndo... (U20930)
Son yesterday:

1 goal
1 assist
0.6 expected goals (that's really good)
3 key passes
4 shot creating actions
2 successful dribbles
20 touches in the final third
4 touches in the penalty area
27 pressures

Son was good, still feel he can be too wasteful at times, particularly with his decision making.