Summer signings

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

Jimenez won't be cheap and he's 29...

I don't disagree with your list, but not easy to find names, though I would swap your CM for a RW like Sancho.

Personally think Sanchez will return, so CF is not needed.
CB, probably someone like Ake. And then there's Sancho.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

He wont be cheap but hed be a great addition and our relationship with Mendes would help us negotiate a fee everyone would be happy with.

We deffo need a CM as cover for Pogba or Fernandes ans Matic, Fred and McTominay arent AS offensively minded as the other 2.

RW we have Greenwood and James who deserves a 2nd season .

comment by RB&W (U21434)

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

Dan James isn't good enough. He consistently gives the ball away. Very frustrating.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

I like Dan James but we really shouldn't be using him as an excuse not to get Sancho!

Last night proved we need quality through the squad and whilst I think Dan James can have a future at OT as a squad player, filling in positions as and when, I don't think he's good enough to rely on to win things. I'd love to be wrong on that though.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

We need Sancho, I'm sorry, But I don't want us to waste this summer, Get him, Pay Borussia Dortmund what they want for him, Also, I want us to get Grealish as well.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

We won’t get a cf as ighalo is staying and martial is number 1. We need a forward like sancho as our options apart from front 3 are poor. James is average at best

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by Diafol Coch 77 - A Reputable Poster (U2462)

But James would be a squad player, rotating with Greenwood.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by Reddevilsdouble II (U22313)
comment by Diafol Coch 77 - A Reputable Poster (U2462)

But James would be a squad player, rotating with Greenwood.
Martial, Rashford and Greenwood have the potential to be top class but below that we'd only have James and Ighalo. I think we should get Sancho and allow some good competition between the forwards. There will be plenty of games for everyone.

We.need a CF.

Martial has yet to prove himself capable as a CF, Ighalo isnt good enough (despite doing well on loan) and Greenwood is too young to rely on at this level.

Jimenez at 29 would give us 3 very good seasons as a proper CF whilst Martial proves himself worthy and Greenwood moves centrally.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

Lets not forget there are still a number of players that need to be shipped out permanently.

Jones, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard, Sanchez to name a few (Can also add Mata & TFM)

In terms of incomings, priority needs to be a RW.
We also need another attacking midfielder to add depth in quality when Bruno doesn't play.

Then you are looking at adding another quality CB and CF. Since we have Ighalo I wouldn't say a CF was top priority.

wasn't top priority**

comment by N2 (U22280)

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

We need a winger. We are so bad in wide areas. Greenwood is a forward and comes inside. The less said about our fullbacks attacking quality the better.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by _Viva_Vida (U6044)
wasn't top priority**

correcting myself when I didn't need to, whoops

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

We need Sancho, a player who can come in for Bruno if he needs a rest or out and someone to take Matic's place. A CB who is fast and quality. And finally, when Ighalo's time is up, another CF.

comment by N2 (U22280)

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by CurrentlyStuckIntheUK (U11181)
Agree with this. Although we may need to look at an alternative to Sancho if he's too pricey.

comment by N2 (U22280)
As are Rashford, Salah, Mane, Bale, Sterling.....

comment by N2 (U22280)

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by Reddevilsdouble II (U22313)
comment by N2 (U22280)
As are Rashford, Salah, Mane, Bale, Sterling.....
My point is that we get little attacking quality from our fullbacks, and I don't see us replacing them. So we at least need a winger to add some quality from wide areas.

Also, one of the most effective players you can bring on in a game is a good winger to terrorise the defenders. Look at our bench yesterday, there was no one who could really change a game.

We need

- top quality CB
- Top quality RB and LB
- Sancho

comment by N2 (U22280)

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)
We need

- top quality CB
- Top quality RB and LB
- Sancho
I think we need something in midfield, a Matic replacement at least.

Also, there's no way we're getting a top RB after we have just splashed out £60m on one.

comment by N2 (U22280)
comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)
We need

- top quality CB
- Top quality RB and LB
- Sancho
I think we need something in midfield, a Matic replacement at least.

The more I watch AWB at RB the more I am convinced we wasted 50m!

Shaw is also too injury prone at LB but I have been impressed of his forays going forward. AWB offers very little going forward at RB, odd occasions he produces quality but it's painful watching him attack on the whole.

If the FB positions don't get addressed CB should. Maguire needs a top notch partner.

comment by N2 (U22280)

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)
comment by N2 (U22280)
comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)
We need

- top quality CB
- Top quality RB and LB
- Sancho
I think we need something in midfield, a Matic replacement at least.

The more I watch AWB at RB the more I am convinced we wasted 50m!

AWB can deliver a good cross at times if he's in position, but overall just isn't comfortable with the ball at his feet.

And yes, a top CB would do nicely.

comment by aroon1 (U7949)

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)
comment by N2 (U22280)
comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)

The more I watch AWB at RB the more I am convinced we wasted 50m!

I get this impression too. just isnt comfortable with the ball at his feet. So little service from our full backs.

posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by aroon1 (U7949)
comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)
comment by N2 (U22280)
comment by Plump Pistorius (U22314)

The more I watch AWB at RB the more I am convinced we wasted 50m!

I envy Liverpool on that front, imagine what our frontline would do with quality service from the wings!