Interesting ...possibly

posted on 29/7/20

comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by RipleysCat (U1862)
Why are Liverpool fans on this site so antagonistic?
Categorising a whole set on fans on the site as antagonistic? I don't think that works.

Anyhow all I've seen from Liverpool fans on this article is joking that it should be null and void and we should get the trophy back. Nobody actually believes that's going to happen. Lighten up.
Fine but personally I draw the line at quoting deaths as a reason in the middle of a pandemic esp when Ive lost a couple of friends to it. Lighten up? Cough
Agree but I don't think anybody used deaths, they used the fact that a member of the Madrid squad tested positive.
I think you’ll find that was a Spurs fan, with the clue being his username‘more Spurs’. Damn those Liverpool fans 🙄

posted on 29/7/20

Oh, and this ‘I’ve lost someone to this so no one can mention it in any way I don’t like’, is a bit ridiculous. Are you going to tell me you’ve never said things/joked about various things that people can die from? I doubt there’s not one person that can.

comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)

posted on 29/7/20

comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
The original response came from neo playwright champions or something like that. I deleted both posts but you can read what he said in fish's post. And tbh terminator I dont give a flying whatever about what you think about people dying and making jokes it's still raw so you can cough as well

posted on 29/7/20

comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
Neo's comment was a parody of some people who used to go on every article posting that about the PL being voided. He doesn't actually think the CL should be voided. Jeez.

comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)

posted on 29/7/20

comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
Saw those and said prem should be finished and Liverpool given the title they deserved it. Sky had other ideas. Wasnt funny back then and it's not funny now 50,000 people are dead including 2 mates. Have refrained from making obvious correlations, death and football shouldn't mix or be used by anyone.

posted on 29/7/20

comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
The government had other ideas. Sky just broadcast the football, they don't make decisions on whether it can be played or not. Turns out it was a success and the government were correct on this occasion.

comment by sandy (U20567)

OP

Regardless of whether a Real player has Covid or not, under the current rules anybody coming in from Spain has to isolate for two weeks, so surely the Real Madrdid Squad will all have to quarantine for two weeks on arrival, so how can the game possibly take place on the 7th August?

posted on 29/7/20

comment by sandy (U20567)
OP

The current rules don't apply to footballers who are routinely tested. This has been explained to you on numerous occasions. Governments have agreed this with the football organisations.

comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)

posted on 29/7/20

comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
Do you not think that football couldnt afford to repay sky the money was a factor? plus it was a decision made by the FA with govt aproval not the other way round. All the govt said was no supporters allowed in the ground as far as i understand it.

There’s unlikely to be supporters in grounds until the 21/22 season starts

posted on 29/7/20

comment by Boris 'Inky’ Gibson (U5901)
There’s unlikely to be supporters in grounds until the 21/22 season starts
I think they'll be back in a reduced capacity at some point next season.

comment by sandy (U20567)

posted on 29/7/20

comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by sandy (U20567)
OP

Nah, those rules only apply to domestic football The new Government directive is that ANYBODY coming in from Spain has to quarantine themselves for two weeks. This is a fast moving Pandemic. Try to keep up.

posted on 29/7/20

Fack me, Sandy is truly braindead.
If they had to quarantine doesn't he think the game would have been postponed or cancelled?

It has already been stated that they don't have to quarantine due to the constant testing and the fact they will be in a "bubble".

posted on 29/7/20

I’m more worried about people coming in from Blackburn and Oldham

posted on 29/7/20

comment by sandy (U20567)
comment by There'sOnlyOneRed's (U1721)
comment by sandy (U20567)
OP

How many times do you have to be told for it to sink in? The same rules do not apply as governments and football associations have agreed, due to the routine testing.

posted on 29/7/20

comment by LEE1PEN (U6707)
comment by Terminator1 (U1863)
If it’s so raw for you then maybe you shouldn’t be on any kind of social media at the moment, because you’re going to find it impossible to hide from otherwise.

Deary me