VAR is just another way for corruption

posted on 20/9/20

comment by Insufferable-Piffle, just in case, I'm so... (U4388)
About as clear a red as you will see, he jumped on his back, yesterday's hand ball is where there will be problems this season, again, it's about the refs perception and interpretation of the incident, some will be given, some won't, not sure what is an "unnatural position", for a players hand in any dynamic sport when you're at full speed?

I don't think there was an unnatural position of the arm, or even an attempt to block and cross/shot. It was simply hit at his arm from close range. A crazy decision, in my opinion. An incorrect application of the law.

posted on 20/9/20

TOOR that's my thoughts as well, at first I thought that any contact between ball and hand was gonna be a pen but it hasn't been?

I kinda feel for the refs as they seem damned if they do and damned if they don't?

I wonder what they would have given in most cases Pre VAR?

posted on 20/9/20

comment by Insufferable-Piffle, just in case, I'm so... (U4388)
TOORthat's my thoughts as well, at first I thought that any contact between ball and hand was gonna be a pen but it hasn't been?

I wonder what they would have given in most cases Pre VAR?
I don't think it's a VAR thing. Referees in the PL have been told they have to come in line with others European leagues application of the law, by UEFA. However I think this one was just a poor decision.

posted on 20/9/20

This is what the UEFA head of referees said.

The handball law as it stands was introduced in the summer of 2019 and fully outlined by UEFA's head of referees, Roberto Rossetti in January 2019 ahead of the law coming in.

Rossetti said of deflections leading to handball: "The big challenge is the position of the arm ... If the defender is making the body bigger in order to block the ball it is not fair.

"It is different if the defender is challenging or playing the ball and it rebounds."

"If he is looking to block a cross or a shot on goal and the player is trying to spread his body then it is a handball."

The moment against Leeds was compared to last year's UEFA Champions League final between Liverpool and Tottenham, where a penalty was awarded following a handball by Moussa Sissoko.

Rossetti commented on that incident saying: "This is a correct decision now and next season. It's a penalty. It doesn't matter if ball touched before the chest and then the arm of the player, it's a penalty."

In a similar vein, Michael Oliver's decision on Saturday falls under Rossetti's description of the rules as well, as Koch's arm was outstretched, making the player bigger and blocked the shot rather than moving in an honest attempt to play the ball.

FIFA has instructed the top flight of English football to fall in line and apply the rule more strictly, as elsewhere in Europe.

posted on 20/9/20

However I don't think this applied to Lindelof.

posted on 20/9/20

It's about as clear as mud for me, any fast moving sport will mean the participant will never n occassion have his arms either outstretched or not tucked into his body, I hate when I see a defender tucking his arms behind his body when closing down a player, it takes away a fair bit of balance and movement for me

Not a fan or VAR to be fair as I have always felt football isn't an exact science and controversy for me is part of that but that's only imo 👍

posted on 20/9/20

comment by merrysupersteve (monitoring the situation) (U1132)
comment by welshpoolfan (U7693)
comment by Inbefore (U20589)
i assume they agreed mane was getting there first and the still shot was just clearing up the challenge cause if he makes a genuine attempt to get the ball its a yellow these days isnt it regardless of last man/cover?

Think it was pretty obvious mane was gonna get there first and be in control though.

That only applies to penalties. If it is outside of the box then denying a goal scoring opportunity is still a red card.

They changed it for pens because teams were getting a triple punishment of penalty, red card, suspension for legit attempts to win the ball.
Correct. Even the commentators seem unaware of this rule at times
fair enough, my main point was though the still image without the keeper being in it was probably because theyd agreed mane was in control or position to be in and was judging the foul by the defender on mane so the keeper didnt need to be in the frame.

as Andy Carrot said on the match thread anyway thats a red card in rugby let alone football

posted on 21/9/20

Hafi, comparative analysis between specific games to support a bitter narrative. That’s a first.

comment by Greg- (U1192)

posted on 21/9/20

You literally talk to yourself, for 5 posts in a row.

I've never seen hafi actually respond to someone that replies to his posts. He just ignores them and spouts a load more rubbish, post after post.

comment by Greg- (U1192)

posted on 21/9/20

Also the rules of the game are crap now.

How even if the feet of the attacker can be a metre behind the defender yet if a strand of hair is further forward then he's offside, as if that's some type of advantage to the attacker... Utterly ridiculous.

This handball rule is just ridiculous as well.

posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

Lamela gets away with violent conduct and Martial gets sent off for nothing?

posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

VAR is a joke. So Lamela does a 10x worse offence that makes Martial respond and Lamela gets away with it completely. Reminds me of last season were Romeu studded our player and got away with it or when De Gea got elbowed in the face against Everton that led to goal. VAR is corrupt. They even said they made errors when officiating Man Utd games after about 10 wrong decisions as VAR got it wrong according to the refs.

Honestly don’t think I will bother watching when corrupt refs decide games. Palace get a decisive penalty for nothing against us and now the red card is a joke.

posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

The problem is that they can't find a half way measure. Swinging like a facking pendulum. They were criticised for getting involved too often over the previous couple of weeks. So now there's clearly been a directive not to refer the ref to the screen at all. Hasn't happened on a single occasion this weekend. It's all or nothing with this lot. Pretty apt when we're playing Spurs

posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

Mourinho talking about VAR and Man Utd has got into VAR heads.

posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

More evidence of a VAR amnesty in the Villa v Liverpool game

posted 2 weeks, 6 days ago

I wonder if we can appeal the red card and Lamela gets it instead? Martial wasn't a red card, Lamela clearly was.

posted 2 weeks, 5 days ago

I told you VAR is another way for corruption. Yesterday scoreline is many due to a VAR screwup and now is being glossed like tactics were the reason for the 6-1 defeat, the first 3 goals were all gifts really. No tactics involved. One player clearly deserved a red card and the other a yellow but the one that clearly deserved a red card got completely away with it.