Anybody play the Football Manager games?

posted 1 month ago

Someone already did an article on this and I got a free copy of it!

posted 1 month ago

Epic Store does 2 or 3 free games every week. Apparently record numbers playing Footy Manager as a result of this giveaway

posted 1 month ago

I'll give it a go.

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Played it since its inception WAY back when, way too many nights sitting, drunk until 3am swithering about a transfer etc?

Sad asf but I love it

comment by Pun™ (U21588)

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Still on FM14 just updated as I went on.

But now downloading FM20 seeing as it's free.

Great game that I love and hate in equal measure.

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Didn't play it for a good few years until FM20. Worst installment I've played unfortunately - wtf is up the players' finishing? 80% of 1 on 1s end up close to the corner flag.

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

You can download an editor file on Steam Workshop which takes the game to level 22 of English Football.

Monster of a challenge to get your team even into the Conference North/South from level 22.

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

comment by -bloodred- (U1222)
Doesn't happen for me. Maybe your players aren't that good?

comment by Tomkins (U1116)

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Don't you need a high performance laptop? Unfortunately I can't see a way of me installing it on my work laptop as they won't allow installations like that

posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Got to admit I've bought every copy since the first Championship Manager around 1992. It's come a long way since the blue floppy disc in my x86 machine, with fake players and a glitch which meant that two-legged games were always scored incorrectly. I suffer that ... "one more match" syndrome that starts at around midnight and ends up with me crawling into bed at 4am, much to the dismay of my wife who thinks I'm far too old for computer games ... and she's probably right.

It takes a bit of time to get into, but once you do, say goodbye to a social life and normal sleep patterns.