Leeds Utd v Wolves Matchday Thread

posted on 19/10/20

Throughout the match the final balls were poor.

Thanks for joining in Lads

Come Onnnnnnnnnnnnn Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeds!!!
MOT

posted on 19/10/20

Cheers for the points guys. Can you beat Villa next week please?

posted on 19/10/20

Neto is an ace player, such an aggressive winger who loves to go at his man. Jimenez I've always rated, unlike Pat he makes stuff happen up to, he has balls and is top drawer.

One thing imo that's hurting us is this reliance on Bamford in certain games. Today's game was against a defence that hates pace and movement.

Anyhow, this is the big leagues and all teams are mint. We go again

comment by Stoopo (U4707)

posted on 19/10/20

Wolves came to defend and they did it really well. MOM a defender tells it all. The two centre backs were superb and stopped Bamford getting onto the many crosses we put it.

I had a fear that a lucky goal might win this for them and it happened.

We are with the big boys now and will lose quite a few games this season. Having said that we should have put this game to bed first half.

On to Friday.

posted on 19/10/20

Thought a draw would have been a fair result but we will learn from this. Wolves are a tough team and will do well this season.

Cheers highland once again

My penny worth

Neto was excellent on the left for them.

For all our possession we never made their goalie work at all in the first half.

Wolves defence was disciplined and they came out and played footie in the second half - made us look ordinary for 25 minutes.

Patrick was covered out of the game and looked a bit lost- all balls meant for him cut out by their two central defenders.

Their front three looked dangerous and ultimately our defence wrong footed by a slip forced the deflected goal.

Have to be fair and say they deserved the win.

posted on 19/10/20

Well done guys. An entertaining game which Leeds won first half and Wolves second half. Don't be surprised at our clean sheet, it's what we do and then all you need is a bit of luck and we got it today. It can be a cruel game at times.
But anyhow, glad you are back in the top flight and good luck for the rest of the season

posted on 19/10/20

Strange matches at strange times .. now a very short rest and regroup before facing a Villa side that put 7 goals past Liverpool .. strange times indeed!

Anyway, well played Wolves ( apart from the play-acting ) pretty sure you won't be flirting with the relegation zone this season ( assuming the season completes in this Covid-ravaged mess of a country )

Rev's analysis above is spot-on imho btw

Cheers for the thread, Highland
Cheers fellow roller-coaster riders

On to Villa ..

posted on 19/10/20

Thought we were the better team overall. Felt like playing agaianst a side from last season, sticking men behind the ball and limiting space, but they had the better players to see it through.

Performance over result for me, and was pleased with the energy in the first half. Ref was a bit poor, also.

Unlucky goal, but one to learn from, and one that was coming as we were too sloppy with the ball in the early stages of the second half.

Thought Struijk looked alright.

posted on 19/10/20

I'm actually backing us to best Villa.

posted on 19/10/20

comment by GeminMallorca Wenger sort out VAR FFS! (U18318)
Cheers, it’s early days, eh? 👍

posted on 19/10/20

comment by 🎤Mike drop🎤 (U15513)
I'm actually backing us to best Villa.

Me too. Put them back in their place guys.

4 wins out of 4, think we're there biggest test yet

posted on 19/10/20

We were on top for 45, them the next 25. They scored we didn’t, and we never really looked like getting it back. Defeat was harsh I thought and a Lucky goal but them’s the breaks.

posted on 19/10/20

Interesting comments regarding Neto, everyone's been w@nking themselves off over Jota since he joined liverpool but Neto was keeping him out of our side since the restart. I thought Podence looked more dangerous tonight though and had he been a bit more direct we might have nicked another goal or two.

posted on 20/10/20

Interesting to hear the thoughts of Bielsa's interpreter after the game. When so many foreign managers come here and make an effort to learn the language, which obviously helps communication with the media etc., I'm puzzled as to why Bielsa doesn't bother. Maybe his interpreter gives the instructions to the team!

posted on 20/10/20

comment by ☠ Tube of Lies ☕ (U16473)
He does speak English. But does interviews in his won language with an interpreter, because in he doesn't want his words to get lost in translation. I find it hard listening to his post match interviews this way, but that's what he does.

posted on 20/10/20

comment by Wetherby White (U6810)
posted about 3 hours ago
comment by ☠ Tube of Lies ☕ (U16473)
Thanks. 👍

posted on 20/10/20

Hate to think of how it would have been when I was learning to speak German, if I'd had my face stuck before a TV Camera, don't think my Wife would have been to happy correcting me all the time!..

And the time I've been here my German isn't as good as it should be, some find Languages harder to learn than others!..

posted on 21/10/20

comment by LufcGermany (U6066)
posted 1 day, 4 hours ago

dummkopf

no offence, english joke

posted on 24/10/20

comment by Tamwolf (U17286)
posted 4 days ago

comment by 🎤Mike drop🎤 (U15513)
I'm actually backing us to best Villa.

Me too. Put them back in their place guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------