Bamford

comment by Batty (U4664)

posted on 23/10/20

I said he wouldn't get 10 in the Prem. At least I'm pretty sure I did? Ha. How wrong. Joy to watch this right now.

posted on 24/10/20

comment by Elsbels - Just Some Guy (U21658)
comment by Shaun M - Bye bye, to the football league! (U9955)
He missed 3 or 4 chances. Doesn't mean sheet if he scored 3 of the next 4. Only matters when he misses 3 chances and we dont win.

Still a Bamford hater at heart then Shaun?

You've misread what I put, and I should have worded it better. What I meant was, it doesn't matter if he misses a few chances if he scores with the next few chances. Was does matter, is when he misses all 6 and we drop points. He deserved the criticism last season at times, as he deserves the plaudits he's getting now

posted on 24/10/20

comment by Long Short Tall 666 (U19233)
thanks long. thirds my favorite.

15 goals max

posted on 24/10/20

comment by £350k Förtnite Skin (U18355)
15 goals max
that would be very good, but bamford is a streaky player and might just get on enough streaks to pop in 20.

posted on 24/10/20

Well he drove me round the twist last season and the one before, so many sitters missed. Then I started watching his overall game closely and it became clear that he was bringing a lot to the party in terms of energy, commitment and positioning, reading the game, a thorn in the side of the opposition, just lacking the ultra-fast reactions and sharpness that an out-and-out striker needs. Something seems to have clicked into place now, those were three excellent striker's goals Long may it continue

Bam Bam for Ireland!

posted on 24/10/20

comment by Stoopo (U4707)
Having said that he does miss plenty. Even he said he should have scored more tonight.
Missing chances isn't necessarily a bad thing. It means he's getting in good positions and a little more finesse could lead to a lot of goals. He's done me a favour for my struggling Fantasy football team

comment by Jaz63 (U8369)

posted on 24/10/20

I agree 756, they were excellent striker's goals, which brings me to what Beckford said, that Bamford's not a natural poacher. I think that's still a valid view, notwithstanding his first, which was a classic poacher's goal.

But boy, last night he really showed the world with those two great great goals that he does know where the net is and that he will find the time and space in apparently impossible situations to crack off a shot.

And yes, he's really putting something exciting together with Rodrigo.

What a way to come back from the disappointment of Monday night. I am flying this morning! As the Guardian noted, why not Leeds in the top six?

In Bielsa we trust!

posted on 24/10/20

I’ve said this on another thread, but for me, that 3rd goal is 200 IQ.
Beautiful goal.

posted on 24/10/20

"£350k Förtnite Skin (U18355)

15 goals max"

Has that ever been done in one game?..

comment by Stoopo (U4707)

posted on 24/10/20

My mate offered a £100 bet when I said he’d get 25. I didn’t take him up on it.

Was Probably in jest but I think I’ve messed up there.

posted on 27/10/20

Interesting comment on which striker is better by teams that use Analytics (like Brentford and FC Midtjylland):

"Let's say you are looking at two strikers," he says.

"One over the course of four games gets three chances and scores three goals. Another over the same number of games gets 10 chances but scores zero goals. Who would you pick?

"The footballing response is to say the first guy is more effective, we should pick him. We would say that actually conversion rates are quite random, so the measure of a good striker is not so much his ability to convert a large proportion of chances, the measure should be: 'Are you able to consistently get into positions where the probability of scoring is high?'

"If yes, over time goals will come. We would pick the second guy."

Just like LIW also always says!