podcasts

I enjoy listening to The Athletic Podcasts

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I don’t listen to any podcasts so you aren’t the last RR!

Just prefer music and generally don’t have the time or where to even start

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

ODB, the breakthrough moment came when I realised they are perfect for when I have some tedious activity. Now if I'm in the kitchen or doing a symbolic bit of hoovering, what I'm really doing is listening to a podcast and the chores are just something that's going on in the background.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

The Tifo football podcast is pretty interesting - reckon you'll enjoy it RR. Their YouTube channel is also worth a subscription.

Thanks for the recommendations Tifo and Joe-ny

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Red Russian (U4715)
I can certainly see where theyd be useful, commutes etc too

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

The guardians football weekly is decent as is the Athletic’s talk of the devils.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by The Process (U20671)
I think I listened to the Guardian one years ago before anyone was using the word 'podcast' to describe the medium. Used to be presented by James Richardson, legend of C4's Serie A coverage in the 1990s.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Red Russian (U4715)
comment by The Process (U20671)
Oh I remember him vaguely on C4.

Max Rushden presents the podcast these days.

comment by Hector (U3606)

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Go to Playerfm and type in football.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

The BBC football daily can be a decent listen. I only really tune in for the MNC & the fantasy 606

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I can recommend Anfield Wrap and Bloodred podcasts.

You're welcome.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Robbing Cromwell - agent of the hierarchy. (U6374)
I can recommend Anfield Wrap and Bloodred podcasts.

You're welcome.

Filtered

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

I enjoy Stretford paddock on YouTube. He's not everyone's cup of tea but Steve Howson to me is quite considered in his analysis of the game, and makes quite a lot of sense at times. think he does one with Rio which I can't recall the name of at the moment.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

A JA606 podcast would be good...

Features could include:

Hafi's Stat Attack - be amazed as you provide the date for a historical game and Hafi tells you the score, the expected score and how De Gea was at fault for some of the goals.

Culer: Ole & Me - A re-imagining of Brokeback Mountain set in the town of Sitges in May 1999

Rosso Situational Press - Rosso talks us through the newspapers of the day (may or may not mention Portugal)

Stretty's World Class, Dross or Charlie Austin (similar to Sh**, Marry, Avoid)

VC's Bed Wetting Cretin of the Week: OBVIOUSLY

Barry: I'm only in it for the Graphs. A whimsical look at the life of JA606's resident comedian.

Dazza's Brighton peer: A technical look at how, pound for pound, Brighton really do play the best football in Europe.

Dunc: (broadcast cancelled)

nWo:

MU52: Telegrams from the past. A gentle look at how MU52 reacted to the news the club scrapped the name Newton Heath.

Arab: Ends the show by singing 'Don't Dream it's Over (extended version) by Crowded House.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Why have you taken the very worst parts of 606 and put it in a podcast Diafol?

On a side note I remember you yourself doing little videos I think. Quite liked those.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Robbing Cromwell - agent of the hierarchy. (U6374)
Why have you taken the very worst parts of 606 and put it in a podcast Diafol?

When I look at what I wrote it doesn't contain the LFC list. I take it you can see it though...

Yes. I did start some videos but got bored (and forgot my YouTube password and was too lazy to set up another one!)

I listen to:

That Peter Crouch...
Around the NFL
Serial Killers

That's it for now.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Diafol Coch 77 (U2462)
A JA606 podcast would be good...

Features could include:

Stretty's World Class, Dross or Charlie Austin (similar to Sh**, Marry, Avoid)

VC's Bed Wetting Cretin of the Week: OBVIOUSLY

Dunc: (broadcast cancelled)

nWo:

subscribed. I’ll save dazzas segment for extreme insomnia or an alternative to GA.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Diafol Coch 77 (U2462)
A JA606 podcast would be good...

Features could include:

Stretty's World Class, Dross or Charlie Austin (similar to Sh**, Marry, Avoid)

VC's Bed Wetting Cretin of the Week: OBVIOUSLY

Dunc: (broadcast cancelled)

nWo:

I totally get why you wouldn't give me a regular segment, Diafol, but won't deny that it hurts.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Red Russian (U4715)
comment by Diafol Coch 77 (U2462)
A JA606 podcast would be good...

Features could include:

Stretty's World Class, Dross or Charlie Austin (similar to Sh**, Marry, Avoid)

VC's Bed Wetting Cretin of the Week: OBVIOUSLY

Dunc: (broadcast cancelled)

nWo:

Sorry RR!

I did have you down as the host though to ensure fairness so that's why you didn't have a feature. A David Mitchell kind of persona (but one who likes football)

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

OpenGoal (If you like Scottish Football)
Peter Crouch

Don't bother with any other football podcasts.

Blindboy is probably my favourite podcast. So many unique and interesting ones.

Serial season 1/2
The teachers pet

Good true crime ones, i find most are a bit schit but they stand out.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

OpenGoal (If you like Scottish Football)

----------------------------------------------

We don't

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Gone off Peter Crouch one a bit.

They all seem a bit pleased with themselves now. "Look at us we're banteriffic" kind of thing.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by Diafol Coch 77 (U2462)
A JA606 podcast would be good...

Features could include:

Stretty's World Class, Dross or Charlie Austin (similar to Sh**, Marry, Avoid)

VC's Bed Wetting Cretin of the Week: OBVIOUSLY

Dunc: (broadcast cancelled)

nWo:

IAmMe’s I Should Coco: Charting the lows and lowers of De Gea’s United career.

RDD’s The Socratic Approach: Addressing the hot topic questions on the United JA606 board. And answering them with questions. And answering those questions with questions. And...

SE85’s Samba School: Celebrating the contributions of United’s South American contingent over the years.