Bye Bye Jose

posted on 19/4/21

I'm am a little annoyed this has come off the back of the super league. Jose's sacking day should have been a day of pure joy.

It's obviously fantastic that that fraud has finally been booted out, but this super league nonsense is the next big problem now.

posted on 19/4/21

I agree entirely. I said something similar on the ENIC out thread. Levy doesn’t have a clue on the footballing side of things. 20 years, one trophy and long list of managers. It’s a clear indication that he’s doing something wrong and he needs to step away from the day to day.

posted on 19/4/21

I would have sacked him half an hour after he took charge and even then he still didn't meet my expectations

posted on 19/4/21

If there were no pandemic and subsequent lockdown I think he could have been sacked last season, we were in a terrible run of form before the break.

Anyhow, I have hated watching Spurs since he joined, though I never stopped. I would always hope to see something in the way we play to cling onto, some sort of progression, an identity. There was never even a glimpse. If it wasn't for Kane and Son, we'd be in the bottom three by now. It has truly been a horrible appointment.

Yes, the players have to take responsibility, Levy was a fool to be taken in by him, but Jose has set the club back years and I am so pleased he didn't get the final. He doesn't deserve it.

Nagelsmann for me please.

posted on 19/4/21

Agree its a good day for our club but like you say do we trust Levy to have any idea what he is doing on the football side with the next plan? This appointment has proven a massive error that has cost us god knows how many millions in wages/pay offs and we're not even back where we were 2/3 years ago.

This should never happen again the club must have a way of playing that is set in stone through all age groups up to the first team. The head coach must fit into that system so if they move on we dont have to start from scratch.

I imagine a cloud has lifted over the club though and hopefully we will see the players enjoying their football again resulting in improved performances plus results but its all about the summer.

posted on 19/4/21

I just don’t get it 6 days before a cup final. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted him gone but why now?

posted on 19/4/21

Told you it would be sudden.

Couldn’t go on like this, it’s been miserable.

posted on 19/4/21

Levy has single handed made Spurs a laughing stock on the pitch, the bloke is clueless when it comes to footballing decisions, and most of the last 20 years prove it.

ENIC, Lewis and Levy can go get facked for all I care, they are in it for profit and profit alone, they don`t give 2 shietes about silverware.

comment by Firkin (U19526)

posted on 19/4/21

While the timing of Jose's sacking looks strange on the surface of things, I think Levy thought today would be 'A good day to bury bad news,' insofar as the ESL would take precedence over the news of Mourinho's departure. Normally sacking Mourinho would be top story for days, but it won't at the moment. Perhaps Levy's also hoping a new manager bounce (even if it's just a caretaker manager) will give Spurs more of a chance in the cup final.

posted on 19/4/21

I felt exactly the same way when United hired him and when we fired him. Didn’t want him, never took to him, was happy when he left.

He does seem to have this weird hold over a lot of fans though, especially the younger one’s (going by what you see on Twitter and Reddit).

Yes he’s been successful in the past, but his football has always been tough to watch and the aggro he brings now isn’t worth it for the odd Carabao Cup here and there.

He’s a dinosaur now, imo. Refusing to move on tactically or with his man management.

It's the best day ever

posted on 19/4/21

He's a total neanderthal who hasn't kept up with the game

posted on 19/4/21

As I said on another thread. So long King Jose. You have won more than than this sheet club has in the last 5 years and only Spurs could turn you into the loser that you now are.

Ace you are right. He is a dinosaur. The football has been rubbish and good riddence to him. I only wanted him to succeed to stop us from being the laughing stock we are but what the hell, we are now fully in the mud.

Another transition period coming up and lets not even mention the super league bollox. Up the Spurs !

posted on 19/4/21

Incredible relief from me this morning. Wasn’t interested in watching an ounce of football with Jose there, that’s how bad it got for me. I will come on and admit when I’m wrong and I was totally blinded by the Jose train when he joined. Turned against him in December v Brighton and I haven’t looked back since. Don’t feel sorry for him, he’s got a lovely 15 mil pay out. Just happy we go into the final Sunday with a 5% chance of winning it, rather than 0%.

posted on 19/4/21

I reckon Levy was thinking it would be even worse to sack him if he actually won the cup

posted on 19/4/21

comment by Edward Elizabeth Hitler. (U14393)
It's the best day ever

A la your namesake shall you celebrate with a few bottles of vintage old spice?

posted on 19/4/21

comment by Don_tottenham (U3372)
Not trying to antagonise you Don just genuinely curious - are you still more interested in trophies than you are in good football? Or has the Jose period made you realise that you can't really handle such boring football?

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 19/4/21

We can't say we didn't give him enough time. He had more than enough to make it an improved side from when he begun with it and he was given a healthy sum of money to spend. It looked like he had the answers earlier in the season but his cynicism and negativity caught up.

Redknapp, Poch and even AVB I felt deserved more time, but in this case I think he had too much if anything.

posted on 19/4/21

comment by Firkin (U19526)
its the top story on Sky.

posted on 19/4/21

Just a thought though, he’s won 12 of his 14 cup finals!

posted on 19/4/21

The Scammers 3-3 game was the point at which it started to go wrong for Mourinho, after that capitulation he began to scapegoat the players and freeze certain players out, it all snowballed from there.

posted on 19/4/21

comment by Irishred (U2539)
comment by Edward Elizabeth Hitler. (U14393)
It's the best day ever

A la your namesake shall you celebrate with a few bottles of vintage old spice?
Welcome to Eddie's bar, I've liquidized my remaining assests.

posted on 19/4/21

comment by ● Billy The Yidd ● 2020* 2021* (U3924)
he should have managed it better, but the players were an absolute disgrace that day. how can you be 3-0 up at 80 mins and not win the game ??!

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 19/4/21

comment by Automatic For The People #BLM (U21889)
Just a thought though, he’s won 12 of his 14 cup finals!
He's also gone 6 of his last 8 seasons trophyless though.

posted on 19/4/21

comment by Christo-pherk off ESL (U20930)
comment by Don_tottenham (U3372)

I want this club to win trophies but he clearly lost the dressing room and we weren’t winning Sunday under him not a chance. I wasn’t to fussed when we were playing bland football earlier on but we were top of the league. What I won’t accept is awful football, toxic atmosphere and no results to show for it. That’s when I turned on Jose. The moment results weren’t backing through poor play.