We Are Up Sheite Creek

101?

posted on 20/4/21

They should just replace that new stadium with a big top tent such is the circus levy has seen us become. We are a total and utter joke of a club. I must of been sent fifty ‘gifs’ taking the piss.

Just think two years ago we were in the champions league final with a whole bright future ahead of us. Levy’s decision making since then has been nothing short of incompetent and this super league nonesense just shows you what he thinks about us as fans and our community. Levy has killed Tottenham Hotspur. It is a soulless corporate entity that is only interested in the bottom line. You are wrong or deluded if you think otherwise. I cannot stand the man. Gutted and fuming.

comment by Smeg (U6574)

We are far from a joke.

We are now, financially, one of the best placed and most stable clubs in Europe with significant potential.

Our new stadium hampered us at the wrong time, directly impacting on our levels of investment which ultimately undermined Poch's position and ability to continue to progress us.

The pandemic has hampered us further just as we began to reap the rewards of the new stadium pain but we are now one of the richest clubs in the world, have revenues exceeding Chelsea and Arsenal while much greater control over costs and all of this, together with our industry leading infrastructure, places us as one of the most impressive clubs in Europe and this could be easily sold to ANY potential manager.

posted on 20/4/21

comment by Devonshirespur (U6316)
comment by Smeg (U6574)

We are far from a joke.

I think what you and I value from our football club and determine as a success are two totally different things mate.

If everything you have put is what you want from spurs then fair enough.

I want to feel part of my club like I used to, be able to afford to watch them, take my kids enjoy entertaining football from a club with a moral base I can’t be proud of and boast about to my friends. Hell maybe even win a trophy every now and again.

I literally couldn’t care less about anything you have put forward as to why spurs are not a joke.

Agree to disagree mate.

comment by Smeg (U6574)
comment by Devonshirespur (U6316)
comment by Smeg (U6574)

We are far from a joke.

If everything you have put is what you want from spurs then fair enough.

Agree to disagree mate.

Moral base I CAN be proud of. Stupid iPhone

comment by Smeg (U6574)
comment by Smeg (U6574)
comment by Devonshirespur (U6316)
comment by Smeg (U6574)

We are far from a joke.

If everything you have put is what you want from spurs then fair enough.

Agree to disagree mate.

Moral base I CAN be proud of. Stupid iPhone

Yeah but i am responding to the OPs point mainly. In terms of getting a new manager in and the attractiveness of Spurs is unquestionable (who's available to take the job is a different matter).

In terms of a moral base and fan connection i'd say that is a football wide issue - We're not alone in signing up to the ESL and we were without doubt not the perpetrators of it.

If you look at Everton then over the last few years they have invested more than us and have acquired the services of a top rated manager. They have achieved nothing more than us and yet we're a joke club in crisis and they're what?

Fans want everything. They want success, the best players while having some sort of 'family club' connection with these millionaires, they want success while being entertained and they want trophies? or is it style of play? It depends on who you ask and what way the wind is blowing. Nothing in football is achieved without massive sums of money...if this makes you sick then go watch your local team if its pure football for the love of football that you want, because achieving that from a multi-billion pound football club is dreamland.

posted on 20/4/21

Just watching Sky news and they showed Chelsea fans protesting outside SB.

Oh the irony!

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 20/4/21

comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
Just watching Sky news and they showed Chelsea fans protesting outside SB.

Oh the irony!
Well you can't really blame the fans that they were bought by a wealthy Russian oligarch.

I for one am happy to see it. The more of this going on the better.

posted on 20/4/21

comment by Spurtle (U1608)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
Just watching Sky news and they showed Chelsea fans protesting outside SB.

Oh the irony!

I for one am happy to see it. The more of this going on the better.
Didn't see them protest when Roman was ploughing load of cash into the team to make them win titles. What is the difference between what he was doing then to what he is doing now? Idiot fans.

posted on 20/4/21

comment by Spurtle (U1608)
posted 1 hour ago
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
Just watching Sky news and they showed Chelsea fans protesting outside SB.

Oh the irony!

I for one am happy to see it. The more of this going on the better.
Come on Spurtle, how much has their iffy oil money cost us?

CL qualification in 2012 and the Prem title in 2017 for starters. Their fans have no right to object to this.

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 20/4/21

comment by LukaBrasi #RentFree Patience - We never forget (U22178)
comment by Spurtle (U1608)
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
Just watching Sky news and they showed Chelsea fans protesting outside SB.

Oh the irony!

I for one am happy to see it. The more of this going on the better.
Well they wouldn't do that and I wouldn't expect them to. The practice of buying a football club is fair game, even though I'm not a fan of these filthy rich owners coming in and spending huge amounts but that is what FFP is meant to be for now.

This situation is different and kicks the fans of all football in the nuts.

comment by Spurtle (U1608)

posted on 20/4/21

comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
comment by Spurtle (U1608)
posted 1 hour ago
comment by PawlBawron (U1055)
Just watching Sky news and they showed Chelsea fans protesting outside SB.

Oh the irony!

I for one am happy to see it. The more of this going on the better.
Come on Spurtle, how much has their iffy oil money cost us?

They can't help who comes in and buys their club, just as we couldn't. Would we complain and moan about it? Me personally, I wouldn't want to see it but I know the majority would just go with it and be grateful.