Leicester / Monaco / Slimani

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Maybe it comes from being such similar cities.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Gets him out the club, but no idea why they think he will be a good player for them.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Has worked with the manager previously so he obviously thinks he can get something out of him. He’s a good striker if you play to his strengths. I not sure Monaco will though.

So must definitely be the similarities between the cities.

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Slim to Monaco, haha that will teach um to sell us Ghezzal - what goes round comes around

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

Ghezzal is horrific

posted 3 weeks, 6 days ago

I feel a bit for Ghezzal. It's not like he hasn't tried and he has contributed occasionally.

But yes, he's totally unsuited for this league and situation and unfortunately he's looked every inch the panic buy we suspected he was.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

At least this loan has an option to buy included. (Not sure they will take it though lol)
Hopefully we can ship out Ghezzal and Silva too to get their wages (or some of them) off the books

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

I like Ghezzal and think he has lots of talent. Yes he may not be suited to this league but that doesn’t make him a bad player.

Bit like Kramaric.

Let him go back to France where he’s better suited.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

“I like Ghezzal and think he has lots of talent”

I’ll have a pint of whatever your on!

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

The difference with Kramaric is that he’s smashed up the bundasliga with Hoffenheim. Ghezzal on the other hand was released on a free by Monaco because they thought he was rubbish

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

You’re all too quick to judge. His touch and technique is up there with Zidane.

His pace and decision making are down there with Brian Carey though!

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

I thought Ghezzal was released on a fee of around £15m because they thought he was rubbish but saw us coming?

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

comment by The_Dungeon_Master (U4830)
He wasn’t offered a new contract by Monaco

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

According to Wikipedia, that was how he arrived at Monaco rather than leaving.

It doesn't say how much we had to pay but according to that he had three years left on his contract at Monaco when we bought him and he's signed a 4-year (!) deal with us.

I'm sure I recall his fee for us being 8 figures. Could have been a bit lower than £15m but not much.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

According to this, a fee of £12.6m. And an MV of £3.6m, although I don't know what that means.

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Actually you’re right Dunge - however I read that Monaco weren’t interested in offering him a new deal. We got him for £10m

posted 3 weeks, 5 days ago

Best £10m we’ve ever spent.

Pound for pound Akinbiyi probably wins.

In today’s market we probably paid £40m for Akinbiyi 😳

posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

Ghezzal was clearly acquired on the 'similar to previous successful acquisition' basis ie a left footed Algerian winger who likes to cut inside and doesn't cost too much.

Unfortunately Rudders got the decimal point in the wrong place when negotiating the fee!

posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

I see Silva has also gone to Monaco in a Season long loan as well.

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

comment by True Blue (U9486)
I see Silva has also gone to Monaco in a Season long loan as well.

You mean Leicester Reserves?

posted 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Its quite amazing really the impact that 14 seconds had on Silva career/life. we will never know where he would be now without it but my guess is it wouldn't be loaned out to any takers.
14 seconds I hope the guys at fifa or where ever it was are happy in their jobs/lives...