or register to join or start a new Discussion
JA606 - House Rules
JA606 is intended for use as a sports discussion forum where article creators are responsible for moderating comments on their articles in a way that encourages constructive and intelligent debate. In the highly likely event this is not the case, the following rules are in place to limit the damage and offence caused.
JA606 has a zero tolerance policy toward offensive, abusive and threatening language. Witty debate is actively encouraged, but we will take a dim view of profanity filled slagging matches that will lead to the related content being removed.
User generated content (articles, comments and user profile data) that contains a word or words starring in our 'banned word' list will be automatically rejected. This list will be regularly updated with whatever insults people shout at us in the street. This list is also a secret, so don't waste your time and our time by asking to see it.
Any articles and comments that do not pass an automated spam test will be rejected. If you are having trouble posting content, you might want to try removing any references to 'viagra,' 'cheap watches' and 'fantastic investment opportunities.'
JA606 users are not permitted to create multiple accounts. If we actually manage to work out you are doing this, we will suspend all the relevant accounts.
You are not permitted to use JA606 if you are under the age of 16 or looking to engage with those under the age of 16.
JA606 users are permitted to create up to 5 articles within a 24 hour window.
JA606 reserves the right to close a thread to comments if it has strayed off topic or become too long. As a guideline, users should look to start a new article when the number of comments approaches 2000, as it is likely the whole JA606 site will fall over at this point.
JA606 should be open for business 24 hours a day, but we make no guarantees about site availability. We will try to give advance notice of any planned maintenance outages.
Users should not abuse the complaints system which is intended to highlight content that breaches these rules. Any user deemed to be abusing the complaint system will have their display name permanently changed to 'Whiny and Easily Offended' and/or account suspended.
By sharing any contribution with JA606, you agree to grant JA606, free of charge, permission to use this data in any way it wants (including modification and adaption).
- JA606 reserves the right to remove user generated content that contains personal contact or address information of any member of the public
- JA606 reserves the right to remove user generated content that is not in English or uses big words that we do not understand.
- JA606 reserves the right to remove user generated content that is likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others.
- JA606 reserves the right to remove user generated content that is racist, obscene, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, sexually explicit, abusive, discriminatory, menacing, harassing or otherwise objectionable.
- JA606 reserves the right to remove any user generated content that is illegal, that encourages /condones illegal activity or is likely to get us into trouble with the law for any other reason. This includes, but is not limited to, breach of copyright, defamation, contempt of court and incitement to commit a crime. When considering contempt of court, please remember the first rule of super-injunctions...
- JA606 reserves the right to remove a user account that impersonates another JA606 user or any member of the public. If you are someone famous and actually want to use the JA606 site, the only way we will believe you are who you claim to be is by sending us a piece of autographed memorabilia that has significant Ebay value.
- JA606 reserves the right to remove user generated content that contains hyperlinks to external sites deemed to be inappropriate and, in particular, not related to sport.
- JA606 does not endorse the content of websites linked to or from it's site and is not responsible for the content or actions of those sites.
- JA606 shall store the source IP address of any posted article or comment. While we won't use this information to turn up at your house, we will make it available to any legal authorities if obliged to do so.
- JA606 reserves the right to remove user accounts for repeated violations of the above rules.
- JA606 reserves the right to change these rules at any time.
- JA606 reserves the right to remove any user generated content for any other reason not listed above.
- The final decision on the suitability of user generated content lies with the JA606 site administrators, who are morally bankrupt and susceptible to various forms of bribery...and promises.
- Users of the JA606 site are also bound by our Terms & Conditions and covered by this Privacy statement we copied from another webiste.