or to join or start a new Discussion

Articles/all comments
These 1363 comments are related to an article called:

Mayweather vs McGregor fight thread

Page 28 of 55

posted on 22/8/17

Floyd playing mind games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQmLn8s32Mg

posted on 22/8/17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBFM7vj5nh8

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 22/8/17

So Floyd more concerned with his strippers and hookers these days it seems.

Interesting to hear Michael Bisping say that he's heard from within the Mayweather camp that Floyd isn't training as hard as he could be for this fight:

https://youtu.be/FCHHsfe4I9c

posted on 22/8/17

ufc embedded episode 2

posted on 22/8/17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf1RNZGbUTs

posted on 22/8/17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLtPn7NY_0

posted on 23/8/17

https://youtu.be/jKQfjsgZVjk

posted on 23/8/17

Er, feck this circus, Jon Jones just tested positive for Steroids on during the DC Fight!!!

can anybody confirm??
If true..HOLY SHHHEEIITT!!!!


Jon Jones Vs Brock Lesnar
WRESTLEMANIA!!! 2018

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

Stringer so the light heavyweight title goes back to Cormier then and Jones could face a four year ban.

Interesting that it was USADA that busted Jones.

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

comment by Mr Chelsea. (U3579)
posted 10 hours, 39 minutes ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf1RNZGbUTs
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Paulie's such a little prlck. Still trying desperately to stay relevant. That's my last comment on him, he's utterly irrelevant.

posted on 23/8/17

Paulie is either in desperate need of a payday against Conor or this is all a clever ploy to generate more interest.

posted on 23/8/17

comment by Superb (U6486)
posted 42 minutes ago

Interesting that it was USADA that busted Jones.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
How so?

USADA carry out the drug testing in the UFC.

posted on 23/8/17

Paddypower paid out on mayweather winning

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

As far as I know USADA do the testing for a lot of sports but I can remember from that Mayweather USADA saga a couple of years ago hearing that their record for actually catching people out was low or low compared to VADA anyway.

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

comment by The Guvnor IV -Iron sharpens Iron- (U12889)
posted 5 hours, 30 minutes ago
Paulie is either in desperate need of a payday against Conor or this is all a clever ploy to generate more interest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
He's just in desperate need of attention. He must cry at home when he doesn't have a camera in front of him. And that is definitely my last Paulie comment

posted on 23/8/17

comment by Superb (U6486)
posted 34 minutes ago
As far as I know USADA do the testing for a lot of sports but I can remember from that Mayweather USADA saga a couple of years ago hearing that their record for actually catching people out was low or low compared to VADA anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
USADA have been VERY successful in catching people in the UFC. They have rarely got it wrong.

posted on 23/8/17

comment by Superb (U6486)
posted 6 hours, 53 minutes ago
comment by Mr Chelsea. (U3579)
posted 10 hours, 39 minutes ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf1RNZGbUTs
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Paulie's such a little prlck. Still trying desperately to stay relevant. That's my last comment on him, he's utterly irrelevant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

Fair enough, I'm only going on what I heard a couple of years ago when people were talking about the supposedly flawed methods that USADA uses to test. Admittedly I don't really keep up with drug testing or it's methods across various sports.

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

Mr C I'm not going down that road anymore.

posted on 23/8/17

Superb

I know what you mean about Paulie but then again I keep thinking he's been wronged by Conor here
I think in the last two weeks, paulie has definitely clocked on to the fact that he could fight Conor next and earn 30/40m easy.

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

He's dreaming if he thinks he's getting that fight Mr C. Looks like he got battered in that sparring session/organised fight whatever you want to call it.

I think the tapes of that whole session will be made public after the Floyd fight anyway. Dana White has alluded to that. Only reason they haven't is because Conor wants as little footage of him boxing out there as possible.

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

I'm starting to consider changing my prediction on this fight. I've said since the beginning that Mayweather wins by decision but the way that so many have totally written off Conor as having no chance at all is naive.

If Conor puts in a decent performance (but still loses) then the likes of Max Kellerman (who said that Conor won't lay a glove on him) are going to look quite foolish. If Conor actually wins then some of these supposed boxing experts may never get taken seriously again.

To be honest though I'm still baffled as to why Mayweather has kept insisting that if he wins by points then it's actually a victory to Conor. Floyd's only chance of winning this fight is by decision, he has very little chance of knocking Conor out or getting a tko/stoppage in my opinion.

McGregor has been in there with much bigger and stronger guys who hit harder (albeit in a different sport) and they weren't able to knock him out so I don't see an ageing Mayweather with brittle hands stopping Conor. Especially as he doesn't have a legitimate ko in years.

posted on 23/8/17

Mayweather could quite easily win by TKO, with the ref stopping it.

I fancy this to be the outcome actually. I'm not bothering to watch it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather stops him in the later rounds.

comment by Superb (U6486)

posted on 23/8/17

Mayweather could quite easily win by TKO, with the ref stopping it.
---------------------------------------
Just don't see it. Last time that happened was 10 years ago against Hatton. I don't think that Conor has anything to worry about from Floyd in terms of punching power or getting hurt badly.

Watching Floyd train for this fight he doesn't seem to be punching pads or the bag as hard as in previous camps. Most likely to protect his brittle hands I suspect. If he lacked knockout power in previous fights then I don't see him bringing it now.

posted on 23/8/17

If Conor actually wins then some of these supposed boxing experts may never get taken seriously again.

-----------------------

Regardless of the fact i do want mcgregor to win and think he does have a chance etc i doubt it tbh, because you can only go on form etc and realistically on paper Mayweather has a 99% chance of winning, and Mcgregor a 1% chance. BUT anyone on the night can win, but upsets of this magnitude are rare.

It's a bit like you wouldn't stop taking a horse racing expert seriously just because a 50/1 horse wins a race now and again which it does.

Still think it's a joke Mcgregor is 3/1, he is not a 3/1 chance he's a 14/1 chance. I mean we have the same boxing record as Mcgregor 0-0 and we would not be 3/1.

Page 28 of 55

Sign in if you want to comment