If your club went bust...?

comment by Busby (U19985)

posted on 31/3/20

Probably wolves who are local(ish) to me.

To be honest i think I'd lose interest in the game if loads of clubs go bust.

posted on 31/3/20

Id go in the park wearing my Mac and watch young girls with ill fitting bras jogging ( more often)

posted on 31/3/20

comment by The Lambeau Leap (U21050)
Probably Man City
Have a serious word with yourself then smack yourself round the head with a dead mackerel

posted on 31/3/20

All the Pool and United fans will probably go and support Celtic, PSG, Bayern or Juve for the guaranteed trophies

posted on 31/3/20

It wasn't pool winning the title that God couldn't deal with. He was fine with it right up until a few weeks ago, when pool FANS could hold their tongues no longer. Yet again they became unbearably obnoxious, bragging before winning. And yet again the Lord could take it no more. Boom, stop winning followed by Covid voids season and there endeth the lesson...AGAIN! When will they learn

As in previous years, I feel for the pool fans who aren't complete buttwads. Thanks to the obnoxious ones going too far, they've missed out on 3 titles now, poor sods.

posted on 31/3/20

comment by ● Billy The Yidd ● (U3924)
I said Athletic Club Bilbao

posted on 31/3/20

I would support Spurs reincarnated fc. There is bound to be a new start up club rising from the ashes.

posted on 31/3/20

comment by Hod idol - Jose's real tin set! (U5117)
Levypool

posted on 31/3/20

comment by moreinjuredthanowen (U9641)
none of this lot will care as long as liverpool didnt win the title.

I would happily see Liverpool handed a title without any games being completed if it would shut up your moaning mouth you boring errrrr

Well pick your own insult. At the minute lower league clubs will fold, people involved in football will get covid 19 and die. Any you think people care what happens to the trophy, sad caunt

posted on 31/3/20

To answer your question - No!

There's only ever been room for one Club in this old heart for over 55 years and no other could replace it.

I'd continue to watch football from a distance but with no affiliation in me!

posted on 31/3/20

comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)
To answer your question - No!

I'd continue to watch football from a distance but with no affiliation in me!
You say that but in watching, you'd eventually pick another. Because of a player or manager you liked most likely and it'd grow from there. They'd never replace your first footy love but it's the nature of a fan that you'd grow to love them almost as much. Human nature

posted on 31/3/20

comment by The Wonky Kronke (U16927)
comment by Firmino's Brightest Tooth (U1217)
comment by morespurs (U15748)
comment by welshpoolfan (U7693)
comment by Bales (U22081)
comment by sandy (U20567)
My club won't go bust, it is the best financially run club in world football.
This.

You all laughed when we spent nothing in 2 transfer windows, but you won't be laughing when we're the last survivor.

You would still end up in third.
and you without a title
We've almost got our title so that won't age well.
You were that close to winning a title God thought better of it and put a stop to it. This whole virus thing is Liverpools fault, trying to win a title.
Nah don't worry about us, we'll get it.

posted on 31/3/20

comment by Firmino's Brightest Tooth (U1217)
comment by The Wonky Kronke (U16927)
comment by Firmino's Brightest Tooth (U1217)
comment by morespurs (U15748)
comment by welshpoolfan (U7693)
comment by Bales (U22081)
comment by sandy (U20567)
My club won't go bust, it is the best financially run club in world football.
This.

You would still end up in third.
and you without a title
We've almost got our title so that won't age well.
Nah don't worry about us, we'll get it.

We, that’s like me claiming an award won by British Gas because the supply the gas and leccy.

We

posted on 31/3/20

comment by Arouna Jagielka oooh I wanna take ya, Heitinga Nikica come on pretty mama (U1308)
comment by Firmino's Brightest Tooth (U1217)
comment by The Wonky Kronke (U16927)
comment by Firmino's Brightest Tooth (U1217)
comment by morespurs (U15748)
comment by welshpoolfan (U7693)
comment by Bales (U22081)
comment by sandy (U20567)
My club won't go bust, it is the best financially run club in world football.
This.

You would still end up in third.
and you without a title
We've almost got our title so that won't age well.
Nah don't worry about us, we'll get it.

We
--------------------------------------------------------------------
You probably would as well

posted on 31/3/20

comment by moreinjuredthanowen (U9641)
none of this lot will care as long as liverpool didnt win the title.

jeez have a drink maybe, the isolation is getting to you.

poor fella.

comment by Naby8 (U6997)

posted on 31/3/20

To be honest, there are more and more elements of football that I don’t like. I still have a love for my club but the love I had for football when I was younger has definitely ebbed away.

If Liverpool went under then I’d never feel the same way about the game again. I’d probably take my boy to watch my local team but the passion for the game would leave me.

posted on 31/3/20

I'd like to say it would be my most local team but in reality I would probably follow one of my favourite players and adopt their team - while trying not to be a glaringly obvious glory hunter.

comment by Naby8 (U6997)

Why not watch more low league, local football. These clubs are key to the local community and great social outlets/meeting places.

If the big time/big money game isn’t your thing, then make a change. Let your kids love all levels. I would watch the blokes play league 7 a side after U12’s training midweek, just to watch football.

posted on 31/3/20

comment by WB2 (Emery'll Get Me Killed) (U8276)
comment by BrummieBlue! (U3487)
To answer your question - No!

I'd continue to watch football from a distance but with no affiliation in me!

No - sorry, there can be only one!

comment by Naby8 (U6997)

comment by Naby8 (U6997)

I’ve watched a bit of lower league in the past, I enjoyed it but don’t get the excitement. I think only emotional attachment brings that and I don’t feel I’ll have that attachment for any other club.

I’d probably still watch games and would enjoy big ones. I’d also take the lad to games. Wouldn’t be the same though. Just don’t think I’d replace the team I’ve been supporting for 39 years.

posted on 31/3/20

My dads a Southampton fan, so probably go for them. Always want them to do well anyway (apart from against arsenal). Been to quite a few of their games with him, especially after they got relegated in lower leagues, always had a good time watching them. Haven’t been to see them much at all since they got promoted. Basically due to my dad discovering live streaming of games, so he can’t really be bothered to go now! Decent club, try to play good football so wouldn’t be the worse team to have to switch to.

comment by IAmMe (U18491)

posted on 1/4/20

Whichever team was playing Arsenal ..........

....... or England

posted on 1/4/20

I wud stop watching the game, period.

comment by Blarmy (U14547)

posted on 1/4/20

Id assume new lower league clubs would appear and they would need a new support base

So if one pops up near my UK home i would follow them

posted on 1/4/20

comment by Busby (U19985)
Probably wolves who are local(ish) to me.

To be honest i think I'd lose interest in the game if loads of clubs go bust.
Share that sentiment Busby, if a lot of clubs went bust I probably wouldn’t bother with football too much in getting behind a team. It wouldn’t be the same even if my team survived.